The Whiskypedia is an attempt at creating a rich repository of all that there is to whisky. Here you can:
• Scan the label on any whisky bottle to know all about it
• Look up any and all whisky-related terms in the glossary
• Search and learn more about whiskies from domestic as well as international brands
The water of life, lovingly known by one and all as whisky has been mankind’s favorite for a very long time. The drink that has enamored so many across the world for generations has as colourful a history as any. The one and only place to uncover all of this history: The Whiskypedia.
From the unique processes of distilling to the different kinds of grains used in making Scotch, Bourbon, Irish whiskey and others, the lifecycle of whisky is a fascinating rendezvous of epicurean delight and Bacchanalian pursuit. On The Whiskypedia, embark on a journey of unveiling enticing tales about the much-loved golden tipple.
From knowing the subtle differences between Scotch and Irish whiskey to learning about the origins of bourbon, varieties of whiskies, famous distilleries, mouth-watering recipes, show-stealing cocktails and the nuanced art of tasting whisky like a true connoisseur, The Whiskypedia has got it all covered.
The Whiskypedia lets you get a close look at distillery tours, whisky festivals, tasting sessions and enthralling whisky holidays!
Meet the new expert on whisky: The Whiskypedia.
Let’s take a closer look at how to navigate the app:
• Scan & Find: This section allows you to capture and scan the label on any whisky bottle. This feature uses image recognition to extract all details about the bottle of whisky, like the distillery it comes from, age proof, ABV, etc.
• Whisky Brands from around the World: Get up, close, and personal with the best brands across the globe. Not all whiskies come from Scotland. Some come from as far as Japan, Indonesia, or China as well. Know brands by the country they originate from, glance at their production history, and unearth family secrets that make each of the brands unique.
• Whisky 101: Whether you’re a whisky aficionado or a debutante to the world of whiskies, chances are you might’ve missed on nitty-gritty. Whisky 101 is the Holy Grail of whisky-making. You can learn new things about your favourite drink.
• Types of Whisky: Do you know your Scotch from your Kentucky Straight Bourbon? Or, is it a single malt that you prefer? No matter what the choice, this section helps you discern the tasting notes of all kinds of whisky. Mark the subtle differences between each and gain whisky wisdom like no other!
• Whisky Times: Whisky doesn’t lie. No wonder, there’s no dearth of whisky stories. Encounter tales about whisky, whisky in folklore and lots more on Whisky Times.
• Recipes & Cocktails: Swirling a glass of Speyside single malt, or downing a peg of blended scotch neat isn’t the only way whisky can be enjoyed. Pairing whisky with food is a delightful gourmet experience. Learn about barkeep’s secrets, the art of pairing whisky with cheese, cook up a storm with recipes old and new and throw a rocking party with unforgettable whisky cocktails-for we’ve got you all covered.
• Bar Neighbourhood: Going on a world tour and want to enjoy a dram at famous bars? Do not know which bars to visit and which ones to give a miss? Head straight to our bar neighborhood. Locate and visit the best bars spread across the whisky-loving communities of the world. Get a taste of local spirits.
The Whiskypedia welcomes you to the world of whisky, the only one-stop destination where you can discover new stories, engage with fellow enthusiasts, get social, share experiences and raise a toast to the golden tipple by just downloading the app on your phone in a few clicks.