Generate random first lines for stories, subjects for free-writing exercises, characters and plot-lines with four simple, yet effective, creative writing tools.
The prompts are drawn from the established website, WritingExercises.co.uk. Now you can access them with one click and without being connected to the internet.
Have fun :-)
Manage all of your writing projects from your iPhone or iPod—get answers to your questions about research and grammar, instantly cite (search or scan) and organize your sources, keep notes, and view full-text sources while you research.
Writer gives reliable answers to all of your questions about research, documentation, grammar and other writing topics. No need to carry around a handbook or weed through search engine results. Just use the Writing Guide search engine to see relevant and clear explanations, videos, podcasts, and examples.
Manage your essays and research projects. You can keep track of your due dates, keep notes, and manage all of your sources for each project. Your “Bibliography Score” will flag any potential issues for you. And a “Progress Checklist” will help you stay on schedule from beginning to end. You can even search and view full-text journals and books so you can do your research when you’re on the go.
• Writer’s Guide: Search a comprehensive library of content on research, grammar, and writing topics. Get answers to your questions with text, video, audio, and examples.
• My Projects: Manage writing and research projects. Track due date and progress. Cite and organize sources. Check your “Bibliography Score.” Add and view notes.
• Cite a Source: Cite sources in various documentation styles, including MLA and APA. Cite books, journals, and Web sites using a simple search engine. Or quickly cite a book by holding scanning the bar code with your camera. Keep track of all your citations.
• Find a Source: Search, view, and cite full-text sources.
24/7 Support at http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/Writer.
-- This free version lets you play with and learn 800 traditional and simplified characters. We think that's a lot, but if you're really serious about mastering 汉字 the full version contains more than 5,000, spanning HSK and beyond... ---
☆ It's easy to play. ☆
Characters fall from the top of the screen - you have to tap them and draw them correctly to score points. Just don't let them reach the bottom, or - kaboom! Let five of them drop and the game is finished! But the learning continues; you can review everything that you saw, complete with stroke order diagrams and testing at your own pace. Characters you made the most mistakes on are highlighted at the top of the list.
☆ It's more than a game. ☆
✓ trainchinese Chinese Writer can test you on 5,200 Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters, and features stroke-order diagrams, English explanations and high quality audio recordings for every possible pronunciation of each one.
✓ The app remembers which characters you've had trouble writing and prioritises them in future games, as well as highlighting them in the character pack browsing screen.
☆ It's suitable for everyone. ☆
✓ Characters are divided into packs by difficulty according to the official HSK standard. Hundreds are included in this free download.
✓ Create your own packs by searching for characters by Pinyin. You can even mix Pinyin, English and Chinese characters in one search to find as many results as possible, and one tap adds them all to your custom pack.
✓ Your kids can play. Your grandmother can too. Now everyone can enjoy the pleasure of learning this beautiful system of writing.
✓ Whatever your writing level, you'll improve with trainchinese Chinese Writer. Beginners can start with simpler characters and at a slower pace, while experienced students will blaze their way through those HSK 4 hanzi!
☆ It's connected. ☆
✓ Create your own character packs and share them with friends by email.
✓ Feeling proud of yourself? Share your high score with your friends via Twitter and Facebook.
✓ Already a trainchinese user? Download the characters you're learning into trainchinese Chinese Writer for free!
Learn to write Chinese characters with trainchinese Chinese Writer. It's educational, entertaining - and addictive!
We'd love to hear what you think about Chinese Writer - Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Memoir lets you share your stories, in a way that lets others see what you went through -(good or not so good), shows who you are and says 'maybe I can help you, maybe you can learn from me. That feels good doesn't it?
To get you started I have some great memoir writing exercises. Once you start to pull all of these together you will be on your way to your first memoir. This course writing exercises for writing a memoir delivers:
• Ten chapters of your life
• Lots of writing exercises to kick start your memory and your writing
• A workbook with all of the exercises in
Start your trip down memory land today.
Take this ultimate Writing Exercises course right now and start writing a memoir.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- How to Unlock hidden memories
- How to Ignite your passion for writing
- How to Kick start your memoir
✔ Lifetime access to 16 lectures
✔ A community of 3300+ people trying to learn the same thing!
✔ Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
✔ Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE ON UDEMY *
"What a delightful, easy-going course that I literally found by accident. As a senior person I'd thought about writing my memoir many times, but never put pen to paper. Traced back generations, but only recorded the events, nothing more. This has given me the inspiration, but first, to go through each exercise in full."
-(Norm Gray) ★★★★★
"Thank you so much for such an amazing course ,i am surprised its free plus i loved your voice ,connecting with your listeners .Thanks it was a really helpful for writers like me who need inspiration."
-(IM Maliha Khan) ★★★★★
"Well organized, very thoughtful and thought provoking yet practical. Easy to understand"
-(Marva Jackson Lord) ★★★★★
"I have nearly finished the first part of my memoir, but I now have more ideas of things I want to add. Very helpful."
-(Judy Perdue) ★★★★★
Instructed By : Jacqui Malpass | Book coach, personal brand strategist, author, speaker
Jacqui is a Book coach, personal brand strategist, author and speaker.
Install the "Creative Writing Course" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
WHO IS THIS APP FOR?
• Kids between 7 and 14 years who want to write their own stories.
• Writers who want to write books for children.
• Parents who want to make their kids play with their creativity.
• Teachers who want to improve creativity and writing skills in their classrooms.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It's easy. You just have to press "start" and the app gives you the first prompt to start writing your story. Choose the one that you most like and fire up your writing. Then, every minute (or the period of time you choose; you can set it in the app settings) the app will give you a new prompt for you to add new ideas, words, characters, sentences, places or actions to the plot. Quite a challenge to turn your writing into a game!
WHAT THIS APP OFFERS:
• Generates millions of creative writing ideas for children storytelling.
• Great for homes and schools.
• Inspiration. Forget about creative blocks and carry always the muses with you.
• Fun and Motivation. With this app writing is like a game, because when we enjoy, everything gets easier.
Improvise and experience free writing is now funnier than ever. Great for kids, parents and teachers. And, of course, for writers who want to write children books. You will never fear the blank page again.
Have fun and happy writing!!
than just putting words and sentences together, as it should also address questions of writing purpose (to convince, inform or narrate),
audience (friends Vs. business associates, teenagers Vs. University professors), genre (argumentative,descriptive, narrative), style
(avoiding sexist and biased language,conciseness, and emphasis),register (formal. Informal, technical, jocular) and format (article,
report, contract, letter,e-mail, memo etc.). To achieve a good piece of writing, there are some essential and well defined stages
within the writing process that make sure you will actually end up with the piece of writing you intended to have.The Free English Writing
Guide provides articles that offer tips and suggestions on how to write successfully.How to write Literature Review, Title Page and
reports or produce creative English writing of a high standard in essays, articles and more.
Writing skills are an important part of communication. Good writing skills allow you to communicate your message with clarity and
ease to a far larger audience than through face-to-face or telephone conversations.
This app helps you to improve your writing skills.This app will explain how you can can be effective and perfect in writing the following
content of the app.
How to use Effective Cover Letter
How to use Effective Punctuation
How to write a Literature Review
How to write a Report
How to write Acknowledgements
How to write an Abstract
How to write an Conclusions
How to write an Dissertation
How to write an Essay
How to write an Introduction
How to write Effective Sentences
How to write Title pages
Tips to write an Effective Resume
Using tables and figures
AND MANY MORE TO COME IN THE UPDATE
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE US AND ENCOURAGE US.
AWE is a complete course in academic writing for a variety of purposes.
AWE will help you to compose:
* class essays
* exam essays
* experimental reports
* scientific essays
* academic articles
* An in-depth self-learning course covering the entire creative process of academic writing
* Interactive exercises that help you learn
* Checklists for reviewing your critical thinking, your arguments and your essay as a whole
* An extensive glossary of important terms
AWE will not write or review your essays for you! AWE does, however, provide easy tips for avoiding plagiarism, conducting research, thinking critically, making strong arguments and presenting your work well.
REAL ENGLISH, REAL EXAMPLES
AWE shows you real examples from real academic writing. We show you samples of text from the ICE-GB Corpus, a linguistics database compiled and analysed at UCL and used by researchers around the world.
AWE includes ten sets of exercises on a variety of topics, and many more tasks for you to try to on your own. Exercises include real examples of real academic English, and because it's an app, AWE refreshes its exercises so that you can continue to practise each topic.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS
AWE is written by a team of linguists at University College London (UCL), independently ranked as one of the world's best universities. The approach in the app is based on recent research and best practice in the field, as well as years of experience in writing and teaching.
WHO IS AWE FOR?
AWE is for undergraduates, postgraduates, professional academics and secondary school students preparing for university - in short, anyone who does academic writing. It is for native and non-native speakers of English.
Alphabets included in the free version
- Elder Futhark Proto-Norse runes (1th–9th centuries AD).
- Theban (witch) runes (from 16th century).
In the full version these alphabets are available:
- Elder Futhark Proto-Norse runes (1th–9th centuries AD).
- Theban (witch) runes (from 16th century).
- Danish younger Futhark runes from viking age (9th-10th centuries AD).
- Swedish-Norwegian Rök runes from viking age (9th-10th centuries AD).
- Anglo-Saxon runes (4th–10th centuries AD).
- Medieval runes (1100-1500 AD).
- Aryan Armanic runes.
- Gothic alphabet (4th–7th centuries AD).
- Celtic Ogham alphabet (4th–10th centuries AD).
- Klingon pIqaD (fictional from 'Star Trek').
- Etruscan alphabet (8th–1st centuries BC).
- Ugaritic cuneiform (from around 1400 BCE).
- Phoenician alphabet (from 1050 BCE).
- Slavic Glagolitic alphabet (from 863 AD)
Translated text can be transferred over copy/paste to another programs or exported as PNG image.
You can change the background color and font color and size.
Output text is UTF encoded. Please note that not all programs can display the translated text copied from 'Rune Writer', because not all apps have the needed fonts installed. You see then only question marks or empty squares.
Not all Latin characters can be translated directly into ancient alphabets, as appropriate characters are missing (eg all or some vowels in Ugaritic cuneiform and Phoenician alphabet). If you see a not translated characters, then it is no error - the target alphabet is missing the required letter.
Let me know if you needed some other translations or features.
Devanagari also called Nagari is the alphabet used in India and Nepal used to script Standard Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Sanskrit and other languages at this region of the world.
The first version of Hindi app includes all characters available in Devanagari alphabet used in Standard Hindi, Marathi and Nepali including vocals (and it diacritic form), consonants, diacritic signs and numbers.
You can check at first Hindi Lite (without tablet support yet) version at Hindi Lite Android Market page and if you like it get it after.
Keep in touch with us at http://twitter.com/stopapps">@stopapps<\a> to be informed about latest updates and newest apps.
Keywords: alphabet, learn, letters, numbers, write, trace, notebook, kids, educational, education, school.
You can select between full alphabet in capital letters or low case letters, numbers (0-9) and vowels.
Let your children have fun while learning!
Please send your suggestions to email@example.com.
Keywords: alphabet, learn, letters, numbers, write, trace, notebook, kids, educational, education, school.
Having fun while learning to write letters and numbers ? Yes, thanks to Writing letters and numbers, the basic educational writing application for children and its 6 categories of original and creative challenges that produce more than 70 different cursors to write with. In Writing letters and numbers, the child starts writing by making smooth and beautiful letters and numbers in a creative world. Since the child creates his/her writing tool, the child has a lot of fun internalizing all the numbers and letters. As in Writing, Educational Kids’ Prewriting, the perfection of the lines gives the child self-confidence, satisfaction, and pride. Writing letters and numbers is an essential educational tool for teaching how to write manuscript letters and cursive manuscript letters (attached), whether these letters are uppercase or lowercase !
In the Writing letters and numbers app, first, manuscript letters are given by increasing order of difficulty. and then cursive letters are given in alphabetical order. Thus, the child is aware of alphabetical order and prepared for the future use of dictionaries.
The child, is also well prepared for reading and calculating:
Tired of writing them with chalk ? The child will trace them with flowers, ladybugs, fish, chicks, clouds, tree leaves, butterflies...
The child can choose among the different Writing letters and numbers categories to learn how to write by himself/herself.
▶ Lowercase manuscript letters
▶ Capital letters manuscript
▶ Cursive lowercase
▶ Cursive capital
The child has the opportunity to discover the gestures of writing these letters, even before writing with a pencil (or in addition to such a practice). Everything is there to allow the child to create while learning to write.
The letters are broken down into educational pieces so that the child will follow the right directions while writing letters and numbers. This prepares the child to learn how to write while at school or with other professionals (speech therapists, occupational therapists, ... )
Keep giving him/her the sound of each letter rather than the letter itself when you present it. For example, for “F”, we say " fff " and not “eff " to prepare easy reading of syllables.
On the contrary of using paper and pen . But here, the child can write and rewrite at least 70 different ways! This encourages his/her retention through repetition.
▶ Free shapes or forms and free models: with dozens of backgrounds, the child is free to express his/her imagination by drawing with tulips, ducks, butterflies, fish, clouds, autumn leaves, etc.
A child or an adult can also create his/her own templates of letters and forms, by pressing the redo icon in the top left corner, then someone else can reproduce this new model.
The child begins with using a finger to successfully integrate the gestures of writing. Thereafter,the child will refine his/her accuracy with a tablet pen..
The line is only drawn if the child follows with sufficient precision whatever his/her speed is. This is a great opportunity to teach the child precision with humor!
Early experiences of the child determine his/her learning. When your child plays with Writing letters and numbers, it stimulates his/her curiosity, eagerness for writing, and desire to learn, which are pre-requisites for a successful education. With this game, which is as humorous as it is educational,you give your child a greater opportunity to succeed
"Writing Educational Kids’ Prewriting" : In a fantasy world with more than one hundred scenes, the child learns all the prewriting basic lines, and can apply them to uppercase manuscript writing letters and numbers with a lot of pleasure !
"Writing words" (forthcoming) : the child learns writing between lines and uppercase and lowercase letters in both manuscript and cursive. Then the child will learn to write syllables and words, with pleasure and fun each time!
IELTS Writing plays an important role in IELTS Tests. The candidates usually find it too difficult to get the high score for this part. So, Sample Ielts Writing is really an useful application for everyone to practise Ielts Writing Skill and learn sample answers of these test as well.
This application includes:
- 30 sample Ielts Writing test with answers.
- Ielts Writing tips for candidates before taking Ielts Exam.
- Simple Interface for User.
* The ‘Trace Board’ help the kids to practice to write alphabet,Numbers,Words,Shapes and Colors.
* This has 10 colour shades and has both the upper and lower cases Alphabets.
* The ‘Sound’ option gives the pronunciation of the alphabets.
- 1600+ most important words with meanings targeted for SAT, GRE, GMAT, CAT, TOEFL, ILETS exam prep.
- Displays lexical categories: Noun / Adjective / Verb / Adverb / Preposition / Conjunction / Interjection.
- Hear the words with meanings. For Text-To-Speech, TTS Engine need to be installed on your handset.
- Add words to your favorite list.
- Add/Edit your own words with meanings.
- This App allows you to use the Speech-To-Text button to enter meaning. No need to type.
- Allows you to search the words in a dictionary type application.
- Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling.
- Restore words to the original list, if required.
- No network connection required.
- Clean and simple User Interface.
- Only 1 MB.
- Absolutely free!
App helps to learn, recognize and write Hindi alphabets with four steps interactive learning.
Step 1: Learn – Animated help for kids to trace each alphabet
Step 2: Practice - Kid draws the letter with interactive support
Step 3: Workbook- Practice writing each alphabet and its associated object. On correct write, corresponding object image is shown. On wrong, hint is shown so that kid can draw it correctly next time.
Step 4: My Workbook – Save your work to showcase to parents and teachers.
Please send your feedback so we can continue to create better experience for you.
This app can be used with a wide variety of age groups ranging from preschoolers to teenagers.
The user interface is simple enough for ages 3+ to use without any additional instruction. The use of the app does not require reading, so it is an ideal tool for using in a preschool story circle (see lesson plans) as well as a general writing prompt for all ages without reading or native language barriers.
-Choose number of dice to roll, 1-10.
-Realistic dice sounds and still images.
-140 pictograms in dictionary.
-No reading necessary.
-Optional game instructions included in app.
1. Charades - Use the single die roll to determine a charade item.
2. Stories With Friends - Form a circle. Roll the Story Dice (any number, 1-10). Create a sentence including all of the items from the dice. Pass to the next person and repeat, adding onto the story each time.
3. Song Challenge - Roll a single story die. Come up with a song that includes that item in the lyrics.
4. Poems With Friends - Same Stories With Friends, using only 1-2 dice, and create rhyming lines.
5. Drama Club - Roll dice (any number). Form a character using these items, then create an improv skit with friends as your characters!
Story Dice is primarily useful in higher order activities under Bloom’s Taxonomy, particularly Synthesis, where you create, invent, compose, predict, plan, construct, design, imagine, propose, devise, and/or formulate. You can devise less and more challenging activities, as in the following example.
Sample Journal Activity “My Perfect Day” using Bloom’s Taxonomy
Student/Short Version: Student will create a character using Story Dice, then describe/write/dramatize their own “perfect day” from their character’s perspective.
Teacher Version: Student will create a unique character using the Story Dice for seed ideas. After writing a short character sketch, student will compose a Journal Entry called “My Perfect Day” writing from their new character’s perspective. The evaluation step is the highest order activity and is a self-grading option.. Finally, a fun bonus option in a classroom or small workgroup setting is to have students perform their journal entries as monologues, in character, possibly interacting with each other, adding a drama element.
1. Knowledge: Roll five or more Story Dice. Identify and describe the pictures on dice.
2. Comprehension: Paraphrase the task (Journal Activity “My Perfect Day”) in which you will use the dice.
3. Application: Prepare a chart with five categories: name, age, job, pets, hobbies. Place each dice image within a category. Imagine that you are this character and write a short paragraph describing yourself in detail.
4. Analysis: Examine each feature of your character and determine what makes them special.
5. Synthesis: Compose a journal entry called “My Perfect Day” from the character’s perspective.
6. Evaluation: Decide what worked and what didn’t in your journal entry. Were you successful at combining the dice pictures in a believable way?
BONUS Activities: Perform journal entry as a monologue and interact with other students. Stay in character!