Generate random first lines for stories, subjects for free-writing exercises, characters and plot-lines with four simple, yet effective, creative writing tools.
The prompts are drawn from the established website, WritingExercises.co.uk. Now you can access them with one click and without being connected to the internet.
Have fun :-)
WHO IS THIS APP FOR?
• Kids between 7 and 14 years who want to write their own stories.
• Writers who want to write books for children.
• Parents who want to make their kids play with their creativity.
• Teachers who want to improve creativity and writing skills in their classrooms.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It's easy. You just have to press "start" and the app gives you the first prompt to start writing your story. Choose the one that you most like and fire up your writing. Then, every minute (or the period of time you choose; you can set it in the app settings) the app will give you a new prompt for you to add new ideas, words, characters, sentences, places or actions to the plot. Quite a challenge to turn your writing into a game!
WHAT THIS APP OFFERS:
• Generates millions of creative writing ideas for children storytelling.
• Great for homes and schools.
• Inspiration. Forget about creative blocks and carry always the muses with you.
• Fun and Motivation. With this app writing is like a game, because when we enjoy, everything gets easier.
Improvise and experience free writing is now funnier than ever. Great for kids, parents and teachers. And, of course, for writers who want to write children books. You will never fear the blank page again.
Have fun and happy writing!!
For decades we have been delivering content that is crisp, concise, relevant, easy to follow and best of all, easy to understand.
Our hard-copy 'Writing Skills' guide is used by academics, writers, and teachers around the world and is one of the most comprehensive and concise guides available today on this topic and now, we're mobile!
Writing Skills is a great reference guide all packed into one fast download! Get your copy now and learn to write like a pro!
** Note **
This is NOT a game, but rather a reference guide to assist you in learning the fundamentals of professional writing.
• Types of Writing
• Descriptive Writing
• Descriptive Writing: Examples
• Narrative Writing
• Narrative Writing: Examples
• Explanatory (Expository) Writing
• Explanatory (Expository) Writing: Examples
• Persuasive (Analytical) Writing
• Persuasive (Analytical) Writing: Examples
• Writing Process
• Writing Process: Prewriting
• Writing Process: Prewriting: Brainstorm
• Writing Process: Prewriting: Organize
• Writing Process: Prewriting: Outline
• Writing Process: First Draft
• Writing Process: Revise
• Writing Process: Publishing
• Paragraphs: Topic Sentence
• Sentences: Complete Sentence
• Sentence: Does it Make Sense?
• Declarative Sentence
• Declarative Sentence: Word Sequence
• Interrogative Sentence
• Interrogative Sentence: Word Sequence
• Exclamatory Sentence
• Exclamatory Sentence: Word Sequence
• Imperative Sentence
• Imperative Sentence: Word Sequence
• Subject/Verb Agreement
• Subject/Verb Agreement: Singular Subject
• Subject/Verb Agreement: Plural Subject
• Subject/Verb Agreement: Compound Subjects
• Choosing the Right Word
• Negatives: Contractions
• Unnecessary Words
• Capitalization: First Word
• Capitalization: Proper Nouns
• Capitalization: I
• Capitalization: Names of Relatives
• Capitalization: Titles of Respect
• Capitalization: Nationalities
• Capitalization: Abbreviations
• Capitalization: Titles of Books, etc.
• End Punctuation
• End Punctuation: Period
• End Punctuation: Question Mark
• End Punctuation: Exclamation Point
• Comma: Series of Words
• Comma: Quotation
• Comma: City and State
• Comma: Day and Year
• Comma: Yes and No
• Comma: Name of Person
• Comma: Parts of a Compound Sentence
• Quotation Marks
• Quotation Marks: Person Speaking
• Quotation Marks: Title of Song, etc.
• Apostrophe: Singular Nouns
• Apostrophe: Plural Nouns
• Apostrophe: Contraction
• Word Choice
• Word Choice: am, is, are
• Word Choice: was, were
• Word Choice: has, have
• Word Choice: doesn't, don't
• Word Choice: wasn't, weren't
• Word Choice: run, ran
• Word Choice: done, did
• Word Choice: seen, saw
• Word Choice: come, came
• Word Choice: given, gave
• Word Choice: eaten, ate
• Word Choice: gone, went
• Word Choice: taken, took
• Word Choice: brought
• Word Choice: sit, set
• Word Choice: lie, lay
• Word Choice: I, me
• Word Choice: a, an
• Content Checklist
• Grammar Checklist
• Punctuation Checklist
• Word Choice Checklist
*** OFFLINE ACCESS ***
No signal bars? No Internet? No problem, our guides run local on your device, so your content will always be ready when you want it.
*** UNIVERSAL APP ***
This app has been written to run natively both on your Phone & Tablet This means you get 2 native apps for the price of one!
• There are no marketing pop-ups, advertising or any other prompts whatsoever to purchase anything via this app
• This app collects absolutely no information or data from you, your device or your order. Ever. Your business in none of our business. :)
AWE is a complete course in academic writing for a variety of purposes.
AWE will help you to compose:
* class essays
* exam essays
* experimental reports
* scientific essays
* academic articles
* An in-depth self-learning course covering the entire creative process of academic writing
* Interactive exercises that help you learn
* Checklists for reviewing your critical thinking, your arguments and your essay as a whole
* An extensive glossary of important terms
AWE will not write or review your essays for you! AWE does, however, provide easy tips for avoiding plagiarism, conducting research, thinking critically, making strong arguments and presenting your work well.
REAL ENGLISH, REAL EXAMPLES
AWE shows you real examples from real academic writing. We show you samples of text from the ICE-GB Corpus, a linguistics database compiled and analysed at UCL and used by researchers around the world.
AWE includes ten sets of exercises on a variety of topics, and many more tasks for you to try to on your own. Exercises include real examples of real academic English, and because it's an app, AWE refreshes its exercises so that you can continue to practise each topic.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS
AWE is written by a team of linguists at University College London (UCL), independently ranked as one of the world's best universities. The approach in the app is based on recent research and best practice in the field, as well as years of experience in writing and teaching.
WHO IS AWE FOR?
AWE is for undergraduates, postgraduates, professional academics and secondary school students preparing for university - in short, anyone who does academic writing. It is for native and non-native speakers of English.
Memoir lets you share your stories, in a way that lets others see what you went through -(good or not so good), shows who you are and says 'maybe I can help you, maybe you can learn from me. That feels good doesn't it?
To get you started I have some great memoir writing exercises. Once you start to pull all of these together you will be on your way to your first memoir. This course writing exercises for writing a memoir delivers:
• Ten chapters of your life
• Lots of writing exercises to kick start your memory and your writing
• A workbook with all of the exercises in
Start your trip down memory land today.
Take this ultimate Writing Exercises course right now and start writing a memoir.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- How to Unlock hidden memories
- How to Ignite your passion for writing
- How to Kick start your memoir
✔ Lifetime access to 16 lectures
✔ A community of 3300+ people trying to learn the same thing!
✔ Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
✔ Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE ON UDEMY *
"What a delightful, easy-going course that I literally found by accident. As a senior person I'd thought about writing my memoir many times, but never put pen to paper. Traced back generations, but only recorded the events, nothing more. This has given me the inspiration, but first, to go through each exercise in full."
-(Norm Gray) ★★★★★
"Thank you so much for such an amazing course ,i am surprised its free plus i loved your voice ,connecting with your listeners .Thanks it was a really helpful for writers like me who need inspiration."
-(IM Maliha Khan) ★★★★★
"Well organized, very thoughtful and thought provoking yet practical. Easy to understand"
-(Marva Jackson Lord) ★★★★★
"I have nearly finished the first part of my memoir, but I now have more ideas of things I want to add. Very helpful."
-(Judy Perdue) ★★★★★
Instructed By : Jacqui Malpass | Book coach, personal brand strategist, author, speaker
Jacqui is a Book coach, personal brand strategist, author and speaker.
Install the "Creative Writing Course" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
Manage all of your writing projects from your iPhone or iPod—get answers to your questions about research and grammar, instantly cite (search or scan) and organize your sources, keep notes, and view full-text sources while you research.
Writer gives reliable answers to all of your questions about research, documentation, grammar and other writing topics. No need to carry around a handbook or weed through search engine results. Just use the Writing Guide search engine to see relevant and clear explanations, videos, podcasts, and examples.
Manage your essays and research projects. You can keep track of your due dates, keep notes, and manage all of your sources for each project. Your “Bibliography Score” will flag any potential issues for you. And a “Progress Checklist” will help you stay on schedule from beginning to end. You can even search and view full-text journals and books so you can do your research when you’re on the go.
• Writer’s Guide: Search a comprehensive library of content on research, grammar, and writing topics. Get answers to your questions with text, video, audio, and examples.
• My Projects: Manage writing and research projects. Track due date and progress. Cite and organize sources. Check your “Bibliography Score.” Add and view notes.
• Cite a Source: Cite sources in various documentation styles, including MLA and APA. Cite books, journals, and Web sites using a simple search engine. Or quickly cite a book by holding scanning the bar code with your camera. Keep track of all your citations.
• Find a Source: Search, view, and cite full-text sources.
24/7 Support at http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/Writer.
-- This free version lets you play with and learn 800 traditional and simplified characters. We think that's a lot, but if you're really serious about mastering 汉字 the full version contains more than 5,000, spanning HSK and beyond... ---
☆ It's easy to play. ☆
Characters fall from the top of the screen - you have to tap them and draw them correctly to score points. Just don't let them reach the bottom, or - kaboom! Let five of them drop and the game is finished! But the learning continues; you can review everything that you saw, complete with stroke order diagrams and testing at your own pace. Characters you made the most mistakes on are highlighted at the top of the list.
☆ It's more than a game. ☆
✓ trainchinese Chinese Writer can test you on 5,200 Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters, and features stroke-order diagrams, English explanations and high quality audio recordings for every possible pronunciation of each one.
✓ The app remembers which characters you've had trouble writing and prioritises them in future games, as well as highlighting them in the character pack browsing screen.
☆ It's suitable for everyone. ☆
✓ Characters are divided into packs by difficulty according to the official HSK standard. Hundreds are included in this free download.
✓ Create your own packs by searching for characters by Pinyin. You can even mix Pinyin, English and Chinese characters in one search to find as many results as possible, and one tap adds them all to your custom pack.
✓ Your kids can play. Your grandmother can too. Now everyone can enjoy the pleasure of learning this beautiful system of writing.
✓ Whatever your writing level, you'll improve with trainchinese Chinese Writer. Beginners can start with simpler characters and at a slower pace, while experienced students will blaze their way through those HSK 4 hanzi!
☆ It's connected. ☆
✓ Create your own character packs and share them with friends by email.
✓ Feeling proud of yourself? Share your high score with your friends via Twitter and Facebook.
✓ Already a trainchinese user? Download the characters you're learning into trainchinese Chinese Writer for free!
Learn to write Chinese characters with trainchinese Chinese Writer. It's educational, entertaining - and addictive!
We'd love to hear what you think about Chinese Writer - Contact us at email@example.com!
Make Time To Write
Write Distinctions Essays
Effective Essay Writing
Stop Homework Hassles
Writing University Essays
Conduct Your Research Correctly
Keep it on your phone for ideas when you are stuck and check for updates. Recently revised and improved.
Download this free essay writing app now.
Alphabets included in the free version
- Elder Futhark Proto-Norse runes (1th–9th centuries AD).
- Theban (witch) runes (from 16th century).
In the full version these alphabets are available:
- Elder Futhark Proto-Norse runes (1th–9th centuries AD).
- Theban Witches' alphabet used in modern Wicca (from 16th century).
- Danish younger Futhark runes from viking age (9th-10th centuries AD).
- Swedish-Norwegian Rök runes from viking age (9th-10th centuries AD).
- Anglo-Saxon runes (4th–10th centuries AD).
- Medieval runes (1100-1500 AD).
- Aryan Armanic runes.
- Gothic alphabet (4th–7th centuries AD).
- Celtic Ogham alphabet (4th–10th centuries AD).
- Klingon pIqaD (fictional from 'Star Trek').
- Etruscan alphabet (8th–1st centuries BC).
- Ugaritic cuneiform (from around 1400 BCE).
- Phoenician alphabet (from 1050 BCE).
- Slavic Glagolitic alphabet (from 863 AD)
Translated text can be transferred over copy/paste to another programs or exported as PNG image.
You can change the background color and font color and size.
Output text is UTF encoded. Please note that not all programs can display the translated text copied from 'Rune Writer', because not all apps have the needed fonts installed. You see then only question marks or empty squares.
Not all Latin characters can be translated directly into ancient alphabets, as appropriate characters are missing (eg all or some vowels in Ugaritic cuneiform and Phoenician alphabet). If you see a not translated characters, then it is no error - the target alphabet is missing the required letter.
Let me know if you needed some other translations or features.
Gearing up for the second semester of A.Y. 2014-2015, the app brings an entirely new mobile learning experience.
* Get updated of new content without a desktop
* Offline Introduction page
* Dedicated page for quizzes and activities
* Dedicated email page
* Compatible with any android devices/screen-size
* Links to Facebook Fanpage (and Twitter, soon)
* Lightweight and free.
Difference between Ugly Writers Go and Ugly Writers?
* Video Section
* New Jelly Bean / KitKat UI
* Sherlock Action Bar for easy navigation
* Notification Settings
* PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!! Receive announcements real-time!
Thesis topics are arranged in different faculties, programs and courses. You choose and modify the topic suggestion to suit what you are planning to research on.
Writing Thesis app will help you to generate an essay statement. Once you input your essay topic, opinion for and against the topic, the essay outline will be generated to you. You can also edit or delete any generated thesis statement outline.
You can share thesis, seminar or dissertation topics with our community and you can search our online database for new and current research topics for your scientific papers.
Writing Thesis offers you the ability to search for research papers and scientific publications online through Google Scholar.
To write thesis is always difficult for first timers or even some experience research but this app is focused to make writing thesis easy and fun.
There is more to this app. We also welcome feedback on how we can make it better.
• Download APA Format Template
• Includes 23 in-text citations and reference generators. Artwork, Audio File, Books, Blog, Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Facebook, Google+, Government, Journal, Lecture, Magazine, Online Image, Online Video, Podcast, Power Point Presentations, Radio, Software, Website, Wikipedia, Television, Twitter, and YouTube sources.
• Share in-text citations and references via E-mail, Twitter, Google+, and Clipboard.
• Automatically saves generated results in local database for later retrieval.
• Supports copy/paste functionality.
• Rep Your School!
WHAT EDUCATIONAL CLASSES & SCHOOLS USE APA FORMAT?
1. Awesome people!
3. Social Sciences
4. High school, colleges, universities.
5. Teachers, professionals, bloggers, etc...
6. University of Phoenix (UOP) & DeVry, Stanford, Yale, University of Nevada, South New Hampshire University, Dalton State College, Princeton & Harvard requires APA essays in most of its classes of all types.
HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT ME?
APA Generator Professional benefits students of all ages with experience or not. The facts are APA format citations and references are structured in such ways that makes it hard to memorize for each and every different type of media. APA Generator Professional creates the references and citations for you while you just focus on writing your english essays.
If your not sure how to setup a word document that is compliance for APA format. Simply download our template word document where you simply fill in the blanks and are ready to start writing your essay on the spot.
APA Format tool made simple.
If you enjoy using APA Generator Professional, please take a minute to leave a nice review. Thank you very much for your support!
APA Cited is divided up into 2 main sections:
Section I: Citations
The Citations section of APA Cited allows the user to select from 14 pre set templates most commonly used in an APA research paper. Simply select the template you would like to use, enter your paper title at the top, and type the requested information in the open fields. When finished tap “Create” and the app will take you back to the main screen, which will be populated with your citations. Tap on the citation to view and send to your email to create your work cited.
Newspaper Article (One Page)
Newspaper Article (Multiple Pages
Online Scholarly Journal (No DOI)
Online Scholarly Journal (With DOI)
Section II: Reference
The Reference section of APA Cited gives the user basic information about how to begin and format their APA paper.
Reference Contents: Paper Format, Essay Outline, Running Head, Title Page, Abstract Page, In Text Citations
***Just Added*** Section III: Notes
The notes section is made for the user to simply input notes needed to write there research paper.
Any comments or feedback is much appreciated give us a review or message us on Facebook.com/spadeapps
The application gives you options to customize font size and color which will be helpful to set a suitable theme for your eyes.
* The ‘Trace Board’ help the kids to practice to write alphabet,Numbers,Words,Shapes and Colors.
* This has 10 colour shades and has both the upper and lower cases Alphabets.
* The ‘Sound’ option gives the pronunciation of the alphabets.
This app can be used with a wide variety of age groups ranging from preschoolers to teenagers.
The user interface is simple enough for ages 3+ to use without any additional instruction. The use of the app does not require reading, so it is an ideal tool for using in a preschool story circle (see lesson plans) as well as a general writing prompt for all ages without reading or native language barriers.
-Choose number of dice to roll, 1-10.
-Realistic dice sounds and still images.
-140 pictograms in dictionary.
-No reading necessary.
-Optional game instructions included in app.
1. Charades - Use the single die roll to determine a charade item.
2. Stories With Friends - Form a circle. Roll the Story Dice (any number, 1-10). Create a sentence including all of the items from the dice. Pass to the next person and repeat, adding onto the story each time.
3. Song Challenge - Roll a single story die. Come up with a song that includes that item in the lyrics.
4. Poems With Friends - Same Stories With Friends, using only 1-2 dice, and create rhyming lines.
5. Drama Club - Roll dice (any number). Form a character using these items, then create an improv skit with friends as your characters!
Story Dice is primarily useful in higher order activities under Bloom’s Taxonomy, particularly Synthesis, where you create, invent, compose, predict, plan, construct, design, imagine, propose, devise, and/or formulate. You can devise less and more challenging activities, as in the following example.
Sample Journal Activity “My Perfect Day” using Bloom’s Taxonomy
Student/Short Version: Student will create a character using Story Dice, then describe/write/dramatize their own “perfect day” from their character’s perspective.
Teacher Version: Student will create a unique character using the Story Dice for seed ideas. After writing a short character sketch, student will compose a Journal Entry called “My Perfect Day” writing from their new character’s perspective. The evaluation step is the highest order activity and is a self-grading option.. Finally, a fun bonus option in a classroom or small workgroup setting is to have students perform their journal entries as monologues, in character, possibly interacting with each other, adding a drama element.
1. Knowledge: Roll five or more Story Dice. Identify and describe the pictures on dice.
2. Comprehension: Paraphrase the task (Journal Activity “My Perfect Day”) in which you will use the dice.
3. Application: Prepare a chart with five categories: name, age, job, pets, hobbies. Place each dice image within a category. Imagine that you are this character and write a short paragraph describing yourself in detail.
4. Analysis: Examine each feature of your character and determine what makes them special.
5. Synthesis: Compose a journal entry called “My Perfect Day” from the character’s perspective.
6. Evaluation: Decide what worked and what didn’t in your journal entry. Were you successful at combining the dice pictures in a believable way?
BONUS Activities: Perform journal entry as a monologue and interact with other students. Stay in character!