Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode, and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, track dirty ingredients, and shop for cleaner options.
• Search by Keyword or Barcode Scanning: Our database lists over 850,000 cosmetics and personal care products from Canada and the U.S.
• Personalized Ingredient Preferences (Premium): Save time by pre-selecting your Allergens, Ingredient preferences and personalizing your shopping experience. Ingredient alerts will be presented if we find flagged ingredients in the products you viewed.
• Search by Ingredient (Premium): Unlock to get detailed information about its usage, health impact, sources, and which products contain such ingredients.
• Search by Curated Categories (Premium Feature): Unlock to access our curated speciality lists such as Mineral Sunscreens, SLES-Free Skincare, Vegan Makeup
• Expiry Date Tracker: Is that mascara still good to use, but don't remember how long you have had it? Now you can keep track of its expiry date on your Bathroom Shelf. Enter Open Date and Shelf Life, and you will never put expired products on your face again!
• Dirty Meter®: A comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
• My Bathroom Rating: Keep track of what’s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on “cleaning” it up.
• Upvote Non-Rated Products: Let your voices be heard! Upvote, and we will aggregate user responses and reach out to brands on users’ behalf to encourage them to get their products verified and rated.
• Shopping Lists: Save products and make shopping faster and easier.
• Shop Now: Buy products directly from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Well.ca, Sephora.com, and Amazon.co.uk.
• UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Use your device's camera to scan its barcode and capture the list of ingredients with OCR, then submit it to us. For registered users who submit products, we thank you with a discount code to use our beauty box subscription. And will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
Fast Company’s 2020 World-Changing Ideas North America
25+ Apps To Make Your Everyday Life Easier – TED Blog
7 New Beauty Apps You Need to Download Now – Allure Magazine
26 Underrated Apps Every Twentysomething Should Download Right Now – BuzzFeed
The Beauty And Fashion Apps You Need To Download ASAP – Glamour Magazine UK
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our EU users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedback. Please email us at email@example.com if you have comments or suggestions.