Birding App is the birdwatchers search engine which has over 10.000 species included, with information about the birds like images, sound, habitat and wiki. The app shows you highlighted bird species in your own country. This way you can get to know new species.
All the information in this app is based on the Avibase world bird database (avibase.bsc-eoc.org).
Birding app is also a multilingual app so you will search for birds in your language, and the information provided about the birds is also in your own language.
- Info about allmost all the bird species in the world
- 16.000+ images (all under a common creative license)
- 10.000+ birds with a sound sample attached
- Browse species by bird family (can be used for identification)
- Search by bird name
- The is the option to search only in your own country, or across the world
- Birds in the search result will be shown sorted by rarity in your own country, most common on top
- The country to focus on in the search result will be detected but can also be manually set
- Habitat map present for about 200 common species
- Wiki information for 7000+ species
- A wishlist / checklist is added to keep up with what species you have on your wishlist, with the ability to check the ones you have seen
- It shows a randomly picked featured bird in your country of which you can see all the information
Planning a birdwatching vacation and want to know specific information about the birds of Europe, North-America, South-America, Asia, Africa or Australia? Species from all over the world are provided.
At this moment a internet connection is required to load the content so the app is designed for those who prepare or evaluate a birding trip (or have internet at the birding location)
This app can be of great use for anyone who:
- Likes birdwatching
- Needs to lookup bird information
- Wants to play bird sounds of any bird species
- Wants to keep track of bird species he wants to see and which he ever spotted
- Wants to identify birds. Important to know: identification can be done by searching bird names or browsing species by bird family. Other apps that are meant for bird identification are more effective for this purpose.