The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
- India's first offline drug reference app displaying 1200+ generics and 70,000 brands
- Quick Search by Generic, Brand or Therapy Group
- Get complete details of the generic drug and it's available brands in India
- *Unique Feature* First of it's kind, to display the different combinations and it's brands available for a generic drug
- Simple, Concise yet precise drug information at your finger tips
- Save frequently referred drugs into your favorite list
We strive to give our users the best possible experience to get 5 stars. If there is any issue, please write to us and give us an opportunity before rating us below 5. Thank you!
Tags: Drug Dictionary, Drug, Medicine, Health, Reference, Dictionary, WebMD, Medscape, Micromedex, Medstac, Medstack, Generic Drug, APICON
* Quick navigation to critical information
* Custom bookmarks let you quickly return to your favorite pages
* Expanded search capability
* Add notes to a page
“I have been using Informed’s Critical Care ACLS Guide for years and never go to work without it.”
—Shaun Michael Scott, RN, EMTP, CareFlite Flight Nurse
Best of all, you know you can depend on the Critical Care ACLS Guide™ for Android, because it was created by Informed Publishing—the trusted leader in emergency reference information since 1986. Informed’s print and digital guides are carried in the pockets, on mobile devices, and in the emergency vehicles of over one million first responders nationwide.
The Critical Care ACLS Guide™ for Android makes it easy for physicians, paramedics and nurses check ACLS drug doses, interpret EKGs, look up patient medications, and much more.
Critical information covers use of airway devices such as the Combitube, LMA, and King LT™ Airway, a complete list of emergency & ACLS drugs, including Natrecor and Ketamine, an extensive prescription drug list, Rapid 12-Lead EKG interpretation page, dermatomes, hemodynamics, lab values, and a complete list of abbreviations.
* Current ACLS Algorithms
* Emergency & ACLS Drugs
* 12-Lead EKG Section & Acute MI
* Basic EKG Rhythms
* Laryngeal Mask Airway / RSI
* “Rave” Drugs
* Basic Chest X-Ray Interpretation
* Fibrinolytic Screen for AMI & Stroke
* Ischemic Stroke Management / Neuro
* Pediatric Resuscitation, Drug Doses, Vitals
* End-Tidal CO2 / Capnography / Ventilator Guidelines
* Trauma & Glasgow Coma Scales
* Common Medical Emergencies
* Burn Charts, the “Rule of 9s”
* Pulse Oximetry, IV Drip Rates
* Quick EMS Spanish Translations
* Lab Values, Metrics, and Notes Pages
NOTE: For issues related to problems downloading the app or with refunds please call 1-888-624-8014 or email email@example.com. Please contact us before leaving negative reviews.
Critical - Medical Guide also features images, diagrams, language audio and interactive videos in high-definition to teach what to look for in real life.
Critical - Medical Guide contains detailed medical guidelines, including:
• Critical Care & Course of Action
• Emergency Medicine
• Interactive EKG Movies
• Medical Spanish with Audio
• First Aid Care
• Drug Calculators
• Formulary & Drug Interaction Checking
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support
• Ventilator Management
• Special Procedures, such as CTs and X-rays
• Monitoring Information - Electrocardiograms & IABPs
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• Videos & Imagery to Assist in the Critical Care, and much more.
All medical staff, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, EMTs and support staff will benefit from having this fundamental medical material – while on-the-go or in a medical facility. Staff and students in the medical field will also benefit from this app because it will become a Critical tool in their practices and studies.
Get Critical - Medical Guide Today!
From disease process and their underlying pathology through nursing and medical management, you'll find the answers to the questions that arise everyday, organized in 11 convenient sections.
- Describes the basic concepts applicable to a wide range of clinical situations, with cross-references where appropriate
- Uses a body system organization that encompasses 95 diseases and conditions
- Addresses Definition of Disease or Condition Underlying Pathophysiology Clinical Presentation Diagnostic Tests and Arrhythmia - - Strips (where applicable), and Management of the Clinical Condition
- Covers 26 medications specific to Critical Care
# Pathophysiology and management of common critical care problems
# Critical nursing interventions
# Evidence-based protocols and resources
# Sedation, agitation and delirum management,
# Ventilators and capnography
# ECG and ABG interpretation
- Offers tools, a guide to abbreviations, and an index for quick reference
Check more detail and user guide here: m-pax.net
If you want a more general logbook, you can find our Log4AS app
• Intuitive data entry. Each time you add a record it is added to the existing set of records. It is possible to delete records, update and amend existing records at any time.
• Access to the data held on the Android device can be password protected in case of loss or theft.
• Data can be imported from the backup file, easy for switch or upgrade mobile phone
• Backup has an easy to read and understand Excel spreadsheet format.
• The backup files can be displayed on your PC or Mac as an Excel spreadsheet and imported back on your phone if needed. No need for WiFi or GSM/3G access when entering and editing data or generating reports.
• Reports are generated without the need for WiFi communication and can be viewed on your Android device screen for instant checking and reviewing.
• The report is stored in the mobile phone.
• No need for a WiFi or GSM/3G connection in order to enter and save data or generate the reports. Data entered on each operation is saved in your mobile phone memory (security protected). You can also backup your operation data on the SD card on your phone.
• You can email to yourself all the reports you have generated in one easy command so that they can be printed.
o The only times you need access to WiFi or a GSM/3G network is when you want to email another computer for backup and printing.
• The reports generated are:
• Patient report
• Specialty report
• Diagnosis report
• Organ report
• Care-length report
• Procedure report
• Exposure report
• Comments report
• Patient outcome report
• A simple search capability so as you can find particular records for review or editing.
This Critical care App helps paramedics prepare for their FP-C® and CCP-C® exams. This App comes loaded with everything you will ever need to pass the certification.
It Critical Care paramedic App comes with over 3000 flashcards and over 2000 Quiz questions. It covers the following topics:
*Critical Care Interfacility Transport Overview
* Ground Transport Safety and Air Medical
* Medical-Legal and Ethical Aspects of CCIT
* Diagnostic Studies: Laboratory Interpretation, Radiology
* Vascular Access, Fluid and Blood Administration
* Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Disease
* Sepsis and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
* Trauma, Multi-system Trauma and Burn Injuries
* Flashcards with audio
* randomized quizzes
* Dosage calculator
* IV calculator
This app intends to bring together the day-by-day procedures at the Neurosurgical ICU of Santa Casa Hospital, Belo Horizonte, Brazil. The content was developed by a team of neurosurgeons that actuate in Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte - MG (Brazil) and are members of NEUROSURGERY BLOG. The application has more than 10 schematic figures, updated surgical complications and indications to facilitate learning.
The Neurointensive Care Guide also brings the possibility of storing photos of neurological injuries from the user's library or from the camera. This can be used by professionals to archive their main skull or spine tomographies, conventional brain and bone MRI, and other pictures of interest.
Subjects approached in the application:
1. Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit
2. General Concepts of the Postoperative Neurosurgical Patient
3. Main Clinical Complications in Neurosurgery
4. Sodium Disturbances in Neurosurgery
5. Seizures and Anticonvulsants
6. Prophylaxis of Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Tromboembolism
7. Epidemiology of Neurosurgical Complications
8. Neurosurgical Complications
9. Surgical Wound Care (Immediate PostOperative Period)
10. Drains in neurosurgery
11. Cerebrospinal Fluid Leakage
12. External Lumbar Drainage
13. Handling of the External Ventricular Drainage
14. Cranioencephalic Trauma
15. Spinal Cord Trauma
16. Spontaneous Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
17. Carotid Stenosis
18. Brain Arteriovenous Malformation
19. Brain Tumors
22. Glioblastoma Multiforme
23. Low Grade Glioma
24. Posterior Fossa Tumors
25. Transsphenoidal Approaches
26. Stereotactic Biopsy
27. Third Ventriculotomy and Endoscopy-Guided Biopsy
28. Brain Abscess
29. Postoperative Meningitis
30. Chronic Subdural Hematoma
31. Decompressive Craniectomy
32. Epilepsy Surgery
33. Cervical Spine Arthrodesis
34. Thoracic and Thoracolumbar Spine Arthrodesis
35. Lumbar Spine Arthrodesis
36. Spinal Cord Tumor
37. Dysphagia in Postoperative Neurosurgery
38. Brain Death
All the management and diagnosis strategies you need in the critical care environment
CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Critical Care delivers authoritative and clinically focused guidance in a concise, find-it-now format. Following the trusted LANGE approach, it includes a review of the etiology, relevant pathophysiology, and clinical symptoms as a prelude to diagnosis and treatment. Coverage includes everything from renal failure and surgical infections to coronary heart disease.
There is a strong emphasis on evidence-based medicine throughout.
• Comprehensive overview of 39 key critical care topics, covering critical care basics, medical critical care, and the essentials of surgical critical care
• Valuable perspectives on the latest technologies, equipment, therapeutic strategies, and interventions
• Addresses common but difficult-to-diagnose critical care problems and delivers “approach to the patient” strategies
• Important treatment strategies for venous thromboembolism, acute respiratory distress syndrome, diabetic ketoacidosis, asthma, sepsis, and many more
• Current recommendations for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis, transfusions, goal-directed therapy in sepsis, mechanical ventilation, use of pulmonary artery catheters, and glycemic control
• PMID numbers on all references for easy look-up
Authors: Frederic S. Bongard, Darryl Y. Sue, Janine R. E. Vintch
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
With cards for each of the exam’s 11 sections plus additional flashcards on value norms, critical care technology and critical thinking, our Critical Care Paramedic Review app will help you learn important facts and identify areas which require additional study. A bonus section – Flight Fundamentals – will give you additional preparation toward the FP-C examination.
A “Challenge Me” feature allows you to select 10, 30 or 50 randomly chosen cards. All cards have a “Mastered it” function which allows cards to be removed from the deck when you have mastered the content. Cards can be easily restored to the deck. All Limmer Creative apps provide a detailed history of study time and topics as well as the ability to email results to instructors and colleagues.
Critical Care Paramedic’s 500 cards are divided into the following topics:
• Obstetrical Patients
• Neonatal and Pediatric Patients
• Respiratory Patients
• Cardiac Patients
• Burn Patients
• Medical Patients
• Trauma Patients
• Advanced Airway
• Neurologic Patients
• Toxic and Environmental Exposure
• Laboratory and Value Norms
• Critical Care Equipment and Technology
• Transport Fundamentals
• Flight Fundamentals
• Critical Thinking Exercises
Created and reviewed by experts and educators in critical care, Critical Care Paramedic Review is an accurate, convenient and cost-effective way to prepare for the CCP-C examination.
NOTE: Purchase of this app will not provide the user access to the lc-ready.com web site
Intensive Care Medicine is an international, peer-reviewed medical journal published by Springer Science+Business Media. The Journal continuously publishes review articles, original papers and educational articles written by leading members of the medical community.
This free app provides valuable features including:
- Save and share articles
- Advanced search
- Document details - including abstracts
Intensive Care Medicine is the official journal of The European Society of Intensive Care Medicine and The European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care. Both are non-profit organizations dedicated to the advancement and promotion of medical knowledge to drive positive health outcomes in an intensive-care setting.
SCCM is the largest multiprofessional organization dedicated to ensuring excellence and consistency in the practice of critical care.
NurseCalcs is a great nursing app for nurses as well as nursing students. NurseCalcs features 25 of the most used nursing calculators, with more to be added soon. The Critical Care/ED calculator has many of the most commonly used drips with usual dosing. The ABG interpreter will help you to quickly determine the blood gas disturbance. IV Rate will calculate rates whether you are using a pump or gravity.
Internet connection is required to use this free trial (but not for the paid version).
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Adjusted Body Weight
BMI (Body Mass Index)
Body Surface Area
Critical Care/ER Drugs (Common drips)
Glasgow Coma Scale
Ideal Body Weight
IV Rate (gtt & mL)
Mean Arterial Pressure
Mcg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Mcg/kg/min to mL/hr
Mcg/min to mL/hr
Mg/kg/hr to mL/hr
Metric & Imperial Conversions
mL/hr to Dose/hr (i.e. Heparin)
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/hr
mL/hr to Mcg/kg/min
mL/hr to Mcg/Min
mL/hr to Mg/kg/hr
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a calculator? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
Be sure to check out our new app, IV Drips, which features 35 critical drips along with information and dosing.
Keywords: nursing, nurse, registered, calculator, calculators, nursing student, medical, medicine, dosing, IV, dose, patient, drip, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, CNA, MD, EMT, paramedic, critical, care, emergency, ICU, ER, ED, CCU, pharm, pharmacy, pharmacist
More from developer
This application is not a trial. Now you can access the same content you rely on in Micromedex® on your Android device for free. Drug Information contains the industry’s most comprehensive drug information and is backed by the same thorough, unbiased editorial process as Micromedex. Now from anywhere, clinical care teams can instantly get information to support confident treatment decisions.
Drug Information is a free resource for on-the-go access to the industry’s most trusted clinical reference information, providing users the peace-of mind of knowing the information is from Micromedex, coupled with the ease of use of Android devices. An internet connection is not required, allowing for access at anytime from anywhere.
Drug Information contains concise information on 4500+ search terms, covering:
• generic names, including selected combination products
• common trade names
• therapeutic class
• black box warnings
• dosage, adult
• dosage, pediatric
• dose adjustments
• indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”)
• how supplied
• adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”)
• drug interactions
• pregnancy category
• breast feeding
• mechanism of action
With Drug Interactions, clinicians can check a patient’s entire medication list simultaneously for potentially harmful interactions and view severity ratings that range from contraindicated to minor. This app provides insight into:
•Why the drugs in question interact
•How the results of those interactions will present in the patient
•Recommendations for monitoring patient outcomes.
Drug Interactions is a reliable resource for on-the-go access to the industry’s most trusted clinical reference information, providing users with more informed treatment decisions at the point of care. An internet connection is not required, allowing you to make decisions with confidence at anytime, from anywhere.
Not sure if your institution subscribes to Micromedex via the internet? Check with your Chief Medical Officer, Director of Pharmacy, Medical Librarian, or anyone else at your facility responsible for clinical reference information.
If the facility you work at subscribes to Micromedex 2.0 or Micromedex 1.0 via the internet, follow these instructions to obtain a password:
1.Login to Micromedex 2.0 or 1.0 through your subscribing facility
2.Click on the “Mobile” or “Handheld PDA” link near the top of the application
3.Refer to the detailed downloading instructions, which include your password for activating the application at no charge.
If you cannot locate the “Mobile” or “Handheld PDA” link please contact support:
When multiple IV medications are combined, the risk of complication is very real. Efficacy of one or more drugs can be reduced or a potentially dangerous incompatibility can occur. With this app you will have access to the largest, most comprehensive IV compatibility resource which:
Enhances patient safety by pinpointing potentially dangerous combinations
Helps clinicians interpret conflicting compatibility results by identifying contributing factors such as the physical compatibility, storage, study period, container and chemical stability
Includes drug-solution compatibility results as well as drug-drug compatibility results when creating an admixture or administering via Y-Site.
Micromedex IV Compatibility is a reliable resource for on-the-go access to the industry’s most trusted clinical reference information, providing users with more informed treatment decisions at the point of care. An internet connection is not required, allowing you to make decisions with confidence at anytime, from anywhere.
Not sure if your institution subscribes to Micromedex? Check with your Chief Medical Officer, Director of Pharmacy, Medical Librarian, or anyone else at your facility responsible for clinical reference information.
If the facility you work at subscribes to Micromedex, follow these instructions to obtain a password:
1.Login to Micromedex through your subscribing facility
2.Click on the “Mobile” or “Handheld PDA” link near the top of the application
3.Refer to the detailed downloading instructions, which include your password for activating the application at no charge.
If you cannot locate the “Mobile” or “Handheld PDA” link please contact support to receive your password:
Pediatrics Essentials is a reliable resource for on-the-go access to evidence-based drug information to efficiently and safely manage drug therapy for pediatric patients. It allows clinicians to make accurate and more informed treatment decisions at the point of care, while minimizing errors in this vulnerable patient population. This pediatric-specific app has clinical value for doctors, nurses, and pharmacists. An internet connection is not required, allowing you to make decisions with confidence at anytime, from anywhere.
Truven Health Analytics is a trusted source for pediatric drug dosing, based on the strict editorial policies and practices that have guided Micromedex for more than 30 years. Evidence-based, fully referenced pediatric-specific drug information enables clinicians to make informed treatment decisions. The drug monographs cover information including: dose, administration, uses, contraindications/precautions, adverse effects, monitoring, pharmacology, special considerations/preparation, solution- and drug-drug compatibility/incompatibility information, and references. This mobile app also includes a comprehensive enteral formulas component providing nutritional information for approximately 100 different infant formulas and human milk fortifiers, and pediatric prescription enteral formulas.
Pediatrics Essentials drug information is intended for full-term babies 29 days of age and older (postnatal age) and preterm babies over 44 weeks postmenstrual age, up to 18 years of age.
Do you work at a facility that subscribes to Pediatrics Online or Premier? Check with your Chief of Pediatrics, Director of Pediatrics, Director of the PICU, Directory of Pharmacy, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Medical Librarian, or anyone else at your facility responsible for clinical reference information.
If you work at a facility that subscribes to Pediatrics Online or Premier, FREE access to these apps requires a password. To obtain the Pediatrics password email support at firstname.lastname@example.org from an official work email address (Gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. will not be accepted).