Have you ever seen an iOS device as it displayed a notification, that the screen lights up and the notifcation is displayed on the lock screen, and thought to yourself that you want to see this happen on your Android device? Well, I did and thus createt this app - Notify Me!
Notify Me! is simple in design: You add apps of which the notifications should be displayed on the lock screen to a list, specify¹ the behavior of those notifications on the way and wait for a notification - it will be displayed as a popup in front of your lock screen.
¹No worries, the default behavior should suit most people's needs:
-Popups will only be displayed if the screen is off locked.
-Notifications will light the screen up.
-On Android 4.1+, popups of notifications that provide a bigger view will be expandable.
All of these settings can be customized! It is, for example, possible to make notifications just light up the screen, without showing a popup or to don't let notifcations light up the screen, with a popup waiting for you to manually turn the screen on, etc...
Generic aspects of popups can be customized, too. You can choose between a user interface with buttons and a user interface with a slider for interactions² with the popup. You can even set a custom screen timeout for cases when notification popups lit up your screen and you find your systemwide screen timeout to be too long for this popups.
²These interactions are possible: You can view the notification (this unlocks the screen and is effectively like tapping the actual notification in Android's notification area), dismiss the popup (unfortunately it is, as far as I know, no possible in Android to dismiss the actual notification this way) or expand popups of notifications that provide a bigger view (of course, only on Android 4.1+).
The only thing you'll have to do in any case is to enable Notify Me! as an accessibility service! Because there has been a lot of trouble with this in the test phase, Notify Me! will check on every app launch if it's accessibility service is running properly and provides you with a shortcut to the corresponding settings screen, if necessary. How often there will be a need for this depends strongly on the implementation of accessibility services in the Android build you are running! Whilst, during development, I only had to enable it once after the initial installation on my HTC Desire Z running CyanogenMod 10.1, I needed to enable, disable and re-enable it on my Sony Xperia Z (with stock Android 4.1.2) after the initial installation and need to disable and re-enable it after every reboot of the phone or update of the app - your mileage may vary! This inconvenience is, as far as I know, not my fault and either a bug or a security feature in some Android builds. <-(SHOULD BE FIXED IN CURRENT VERSION!)
If there are questions left, you should first consult the forum thread on XDA-Developers http://goo.gl/gmfHl before contacting me, as most questions have been answered before.
Notify Me! is free software, released under the GPLv3. If you would like to check out the source, you are invited to do so at http://code.google.com/p/notify-me/
Icon by XDA Junior Member taylorcoffelt.
Italian translation by Twitter user Kazur (@KazurBlog), Spanish translation by XDA Senior Member ldiomedi, Polish translation by XDA Senior Member trurl3, Chinese Translation by XDA Junior Member zxc123coke, Turkish translation by XDA Member tyler78, German and English translation by me.
Send SMS/MMS/Call/Etc Events to your Mac/PC
Supported methods of sending notifications are:
1) Notify.io- Supports Mac & Windows Growl. (no need for to know your IP, etc!)
2). Growl for Windows
Locale now supported!
See change log for details
Email me requests!
Growl (UDP Mac)
Next Notification is an independent plugin of Next Launcher. It can help you to be notified the number of unread messages for calls, SMS, Gmail. When you get any missed calls or messages, it would show the total number of them on the icon.
1. This is a totally free application and we need the permissions to read the applications, but we will not collect the messages.
2. v2.3.6+ Gmail is necessary with Android 2.3+ and v4.0.5+ Gmail is necessary with Android 4.0+
3. V1.16+ of Next Launcher 3D is required. (Search "Next Launcher 3D" to download)
4. To apply the notification: MENU> Preferences > Advanced settings > Notification
- Support for missed calls, unread SMS, Gmail
- Support icons on dock bar and home screen.
- Independent plugin
Feel free to contact us if there is any problem or suggestion.
Lists will automatically be created when there is a line break (multi-line) in the message field.
- Icon picker
- Time picker
- Voice notifications
If you have any feedback/suggestions/concerns please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High will place the notification at the top of your notification tray.
Normal will act as a regular notification.
Low will place it at the bottom in a "hidden" state, leaving no icon in your status bar.
- Letting Agents: achieve 1st time fix.
- Social Landlords: prioritise property repairs.
- Health & Safety: report incidents/accidents.
- Local Authorities: report public concerns.
- Environmental Organisations: conduct surveys.
Don't miss what matters most, get notified!
This application will display a popup notification window when certain phone/app events occur.
This app is extremely customizable with many options. Updates and new features are frequently added.
Popup Window Notifications for:
• SMS/MMS Messages
• Missed Calls
• Calendar Events/Reminders
• K-9 Mail Clients (Kaiten Mail, K-9 Mail, K-9 Mail For Pure)
• Twitter Notifications
• Facebook Notifications
• Google Voice Notifications
• More full featured notification options are in the works as well!
• Customize Contacts
• Quiet Time Feature
• Blacklist Feature
• and many more...
• Supported in multiple languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian)
• Region Specific Display Options
App Online Resources
An outline of the application preferences can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/droid-notify/wiki/ApplicationPreferences
Development Website: http://code.google.com/p/droid-notify/
Keywords: talk google voice whatsapp twitter facebook k-9 email gmail missed call calendar messages mms sms popup pop up pop-up toast toaster alert banner notification notify notifier display dialog status feedback screen metro windows phone wp7 iphone ios htc sony xperia froyo gingerbread honeycomb holo ics ice cream sandwich
*NOTE:There is a known bug on Samsung devices if you are running Android Jellybean and above.This bug causes your device to begin speaking. A solution to this problem can be found here: http://goo.gl/5kq8TT
This add-on adds additional functionality to the Notify application. It allows you to tap into your devices status bar notifications and display a popup window on your screen for almost any application that is installed on your phone that displays status bar notifications. This app can only be used with the Notify Lite (free) or Notify Pro (paid) apps.
Within moments you can be notified about all applications installed on your phone.
Please email me if you have any questions or issues using this app (email@example.com).
The app is perfect if you just want to remind your self to call someone, or take out the trash when you get home. Instead of telling you at a specific time, it lets you know every time you look at your phone and you can do it when you feel that you have the time.
The app is still in development and there are some features that may not work as they should. But the core funktions of the app work.
For now you have to have android 4.1 or higher for the app to work. If there is demand for lower versions, I will try to add them as well.
FOR EVERYONE GIVING BAD REVIEWS AND LOW RATINGS BECAUSE OF THE MISSING AGENDA FEATURE (REMINDERS): Please note that such feature was always planned for a future version (and still is), I'm sorry I wasn't able to release it sooner rather than later.
Some relevant features include:
• Several fancy and high quality icon sets
• Change individual notes visibility
• Persistent or dismissible notifications
• Customize the application's behavior with several preferences
• Easily create a new note from a notification or shortcut
• Quickly edit or delete any note with a visible notification
• Load visible notes on boot
• Intuitive and elegant user interface
The above is just a subset of the features already available in the current version, much more is planned for future versions. A premium and ad-free version is also planned to be released soon, allowing you to support further development if you are interested in doing so.
Please avoid bad reviews and low ratings just because the application closed unexpectedly or it didn’t work exactly the way you were expecting it to. Contact me so we can work out any issue you might be having.
Keywords: notification, status bar, notes, agenda, appointments
1. Notifications with customised content:
BBM, ChatON, Facebook, Facebook messenger, Gmail, Google+, GO SMS Pro, Handcent, Hangouts, IM+, Instagram, Kakao Talk, Kik, LINE, Pushbullet, Skype, Snapchat, Spotbros, Tango, Telegram, Textra, Twitter, Viber, VK, VK chat, WeChat, WhatsApp. The list expands on your request.
2. All other notifications with default content.
Launching an application on the phone from SmartWatch!
Managing the list of apps from which you want to be notified (Whitelist) or not (Blacklist)!
Setting vibrations number for each app!
Ignoring the incoming notifications if they contain phrases from "Ignored phrases" list!
If you find any bugs or you have any suggestions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to correct or implement it.
Smart extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart extension for SmartWatch 2 notification
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart Connect extension for Notification API
Put the app on your home screen on lock screen, and all you have to do is open it, immediately type your message and press a button, and your reminder will be waiting for you next time you look at your phone.
Unlike other quick notes apps, ReNotify allows you to view, dismiss, or add more notes instantly from anywhere on your device via the notification tray. You will also see a reminder icon in the status bar the instant you turn the screen on.
Unlike other notification apps, ReNotify’s focus is on speed. No complicated options, no choosing icons, just a lightning fast process that allows you to leave yourself a reminder in literally four or five seconds.
ReNotify has a clean and simple UI, is free from ads, and takes up virtually no memory.
"An excellent app - Editor's Choice from DroidAppOfTheDay.com"
If you have any issues or suggestions, leave a comment or email me at the address below. If the translation is wrong, you can help fix it by sending me a correction!
Boot permission is required to restore notifications after a reboot.
Keywords: Notification, notifications, notification maker, speed notification maker, quick notification maker, fast notification maker, quick memo, memo, notes, note taker, quick notes, to do list, to-do list.
This app lets you send links to your web browser. It also works with Youtube videos that won't open in mobile devices.
From any application which shares text, choose “share” option. A list of applications which can receive text will be shown, choose PhoneToDesktop. You will see a notification while PhoneToDesktop sends the text. When the text is sucessfully sent, the notification goes away.
To see your sent texts in your desktop or notebook, choose Tasks in Gmail. You can see the list of sent texts under the "PhoneToDesktop" list.
NEW: Install our Google Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/oifdfchgmkfglcccmkoofhbnmkdlbgag
Vous pouvez à tout moment connaitre les niveaux d'utilisation simplement en dépliant le menu de notification.
Cette application est fournie telle quelle, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, expresse ou implicite.
Notif History has been released! This will back up your text and list notifications and allows you to re-create notifications by tapping on them. FYI, this will not save picture notifications. Just text and list. Swipe to delete notifications because this free version will only show your last 10 :( Consider buying Notif Pro for unlimited backup!
Create notifications hands-free with VoiceNotif! Just tap the microphone icon at the top and it will listen for a title and your content. It will create an expandable notification, just as if you typed it out yourself.
There are three types of notifications that you can create:
1) Text: Holds a title, an expanded title, and multiple lines of content when expanded
2) Picture: Holds a title, one line of content, and an image that you can take or retrieve from your gallery
3) List: Holds a title, up to 7 items, a summary, and one line of content when the notification is reduced
To expand a notification that isn't already expanded, simply pull down on it with two fingers. Note that by default, only the highest notification is expanded.
Note: Updating the application will erase notifications. Sorry! I am working on a way around this.
Another note: If you are using a Sense UI device (HTC One X, for example), the UI will not expand any notifications except for the highest one. I cannot control this at all.
What is “ongoing”?
- The term ongoing means that the notification will be fixed in the notification shade. You will not be able to swipe it away or clear it, unless you click on it and press “delete”. If the check box is checked, it will be ongoing. If not, it will not be ongoing. Whether or not the notification is ongoing is not related to it being restored after a reboot.
What is “priority”?
- Priority, by definition, is the amount of attention a notification will receive. You can set the priority in Notif to default, minimum, or maximum.
- Default: Just the norm. Like when you receive a text message, it will appear and other notifications can appear above or below it.
- Minimum: These will always be fixed to the bottom and the icon will not appear in the status bar.
- Maximum: These will always be fixed to the top.
Upgrade to Notif Pro to get these features:
+ Notification editing
+ Unlimited Notif History
+ Over 200 icons
+ Integration with Android's share intents
+ QuickNotif - create and clear notifications from notification shade
+ Lots more to come
+ Only $1.49!
Have any questions? Want to suggest a feature?
- Follow @notifapp on Twitter (twitter.com/notifapp)
- Submit and vote on your most wanted features here: http://notif.uservoice.com
About me: I am a high school student. Updates will not always be as quick as you might like :)
A few known issues to be fixed:
- The resolution for pictures taken with camera in the Big Picture tab is pretty low. An easy workaround is to use your phone's camera app to take the picture and then use the "Get Picture" button in Notif to grab it from the gallery. It will be high resolution.
- Cannot get picture from gallery on Nexus 7
1. RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED -> Used to restore notifications on reboot
Full change log here: http://goo.gl/3p4ZG
More from developer
Get Android notifications right on your desktop!
Notify (together with the Notify Chrome app), work together to ensure that you stay productive, without having to check your phone each time a notification comes in.
Notify for Android will forward all notifications from your Android phone straight to Notify for Chrome on your desktop, allowing you to see who's trying to get in touch with you. You can then choose to respond or not, all without the hassle of unlocking your phone.
** Note **
- Notify does not record any of your personally identifiable data
- Notify requires that both phone and desktop be on the same wifi network
- Notify encrypts messages sent between phone and desktop, ensuring your privacy
- You need to download and install Notify for Chrome in order to receive notifications on your desktop
Get Notify for Chrome: http://bit.ly/notify_chrome
** Features in this version are the same as the normal version of Notify **
** The developers of Notify thank you for your kind support =) **