Thru for Android extends the functionality of the Thru Enterprise File Sync and Share to your Android devices. This includes viewing, uploading, and sending files with extensive security options. The Thru Application enables:
- Access to corporate files from any location, both online and offline.
- Send files or folders of any size or file type, including pictures and videos
- Download files to your device’s file system or upload files from the device’s file system to Thru
- Ability to open files in 3rd party applications and automatically save a new version to Thru
- Provide auditable tracking information for files sent using Thru
The Thru Platform’s reliable and secure functionality is supported, while also providing additional functionality in some areas. Powerful security features available for every file transfer include:
- Set an expiration date for links to files
- Require recipient to login to download files
- Send secure and encrypted email message via private messages
- Ability to immediately expire access to files that have been previously sent
- 256-bit SSL/TLS Encryption for data in transit and 256-bit AES Encryption for data at rest
Administrators also have significant control over user access, supporting BYOD policies for business sensitive data. Administrators can enable or disable access to:
- Native App
- Mobile Web App
- Individual devices by MAC address
- The “Open In” function: Admins can disable the function to restrict access to a view-only mode.
There is no charge for this application, however, it does require an account with Thru.