Easy connectivity, file sharing.
To use it, install it on both your phone and your tablet, so they can connect.
If it is "not available on your carrier", get the APK here: https://opengarden.com
Android 4.4.x (KitKat) has several VPN bugs, so Open Garden will not work:
✓ Share your Mobile Internet (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G) for free with your Android tablet or Windows / OS X laptop
✓ Access more Wi-Fi hotspots through other phones, tablets and laptops running Open Garden
✓ Stay connected to the Internet automatically whenever your tablet or laptop doesn't have access to Wi-Fi
✓ Extend the range of existing networks by linking multiple devices together
✓ Faster and more reliable Internet by crowdsourcing connectivity from nearby devices running Open Garden
Open Garden requires Bluetooth and to be installed on all devices, such as your Android phone, tablet or laptop. Once installed devices will automatically connect (in about 2 minutes). Wi-Fi direct is supported where available.
Your laptop or Android tablet can now access mobile Internet coming from your phone anywhere they have no Wi-Fi. No buttons to press and nothing to configure, everything is done automatically once the app is installed on all devices.
When more devices running Open Garden are nearby, they automatically interconnect to create a peer-to-peer mesh network.
To detect nearby peers, we use location services. That includes GPS, if no other location service is available and functioning. Connections can also be initiated manually using NFC - just tap the devices together!
The Open Garden app is completely free. Open Garden usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tethering or hotspot plan is needed.
Open Garden works like a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and provides you with the same benefits as tethering applications.
It is comparable to PDA Net or EasyTether but doesn't require the use of a USB cable. It works without root like FoxFi, but doesn't limit your usage if you don't pay. And unlike Wifi Tether or Barnacle no root access is required.
Open Garden is a wireless mesh networking application that also turns any of your devices into a portable hotspot. When installed on your laptop and your Android phone, Open Garden enables use of software like Skype, Dropbox and any mail client or browser on your laptop. Access Internet on the go as if you were at home!
When you get a new member in your community, he has all the info he needs in his phone instantly. You can use Shared Contacts without lengthy configuration and training.
You can send SMS messages, emails and make calls from Shared Contacts. You can also comment what you have done with the contact or contact group and see what others have documented.
Works offline, automatically synchronised, easy to set up and easy to use.
No more clicks and manual approvals for connections. SuperBeam makes file sharing as convenient and fast as it should have been, because it is 2014 already!
• Blazing fast transfer speeds using WiFi direct.
• Pair devices using NFC or QR code scanning.
• Sharing with devices that do not have SuperBeam through web interface.
• Share single or multiple files of any type (photos, videos, zip files, APK's... You name it!).
• Supports Android 2.3.3 and later.
• Uses port 8080 for all types of transmissions, which means more compatibility on restricted WiFi networks.
• Light and dark color themes.
All received files are stored under "/sdcard/SuperBeam" directory by default, this can be changed in settings (PRO). Don't worry about duplicate files, SuperBeam will automatically add unique numbers to duplicate file names.
SuperBeam Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that doesn't support WiFi direct. Also, it can use existing WiFi network connection between devices in case WiFi direct fails.
Get more, upgrade to PRO
Upgrade to SuperBeam PRO (on SALE for a limited time!) and get much more awesome features:
• No more ads.
• SuperEasy sharing with your computer using SuperBeam app for PC (compatible with Windows, Linux and MacOS)
• Change default save location to any available storage.
• Send entire folders and preserve their structure.
• Receive using manual sharing keys.
• Send to more than one device at the same time.
• Share unlimited number of files on web interface, with the ability to download complete structured zip and share SuperBeam APK.
• And much more!
PRO Version Link
What others are saying
★ "A great file transfer tool for power users" - Android Central
★ "Full-featured and well-written app" - CNET Asia
★ "This app is simple to use, convenient, and most importantly it works!" - XDA Developers
★ "A simple concept: share files of any size via NFC verification" - AndroidPolice.com
★ "A Dream!" - mobiFlip.de
★ "Tap and share files for real!" - YourTechReport.com
★ "Makes sharing files between devices quicker and easier" - NFCWorld.com
★ "The transfer happens lightning fast" - Tested.com
★ One of "10 new Android apps worth checking" - AndroidAndMe.com
For issues, questions and ideas: http://support.superbe.am
XDA support thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2177133
This app uses zxing library for QR code encoding and decoding (https://code.google.com/p/zxing/)
mailVU's Business Plan and Business Pro plan (available at http://mailVU.com) allow you to customize the branding on the video messages, Realtors, car dealerships, and other mobile professionals can easily record and send branded video messages to their clients while on-the-go.
mailVU videos are streamed to the recipient so they do not consume storage space. Automatic encoding is performed to ensure your videos play on any computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Unique self-destruct option deletes your videos after a set number of views or number of days.
- Record videos of any length and email to clients, colleagues, friends and family.
- Send videos from your phone/tablet library through SMS text or email.
- No large files to fill your inbox. mailVU stores and streams the videos.
- Auto-format conversion so the recipient will be able to view it on any device.
- When logged in, you may use your online mailVU account branding and template.
- When logged in, saved videos go to your online account dashboard.
mailVU is an award winning video messaging service which has been listed on Labnol's Top 101 Most Useful Websites on the Internet for 3 straight years. In addition to video messaging mailVU provides:
- Video testimonial recording
- Video contest service
- Video API
- Private Label video messaging service
Businesses frequently use mailVU for sales and marketing to clients and prospects, collection of client testimonials, and to distribute training videos. Educational institutions have used mailVU for private teacher-student video sharing and for school marketing. mailVU integrates easily into Learning Management Systems including Moodle, Angel, and Blackboard.
More from developer
Thrutu comes with six different buttons built in, each a fun and easy way to share information and media during a conversation.
- Location: callers can see each other’s position on a map, updating live as they move.
- Camera: snap and share a photo during a call
- Doodle: instantly share sketches - or annotate maps and photos - during a call.
- Gallery: select and share a photo from those already stored on the phone.
- Contacts: share contact details that will appear instantly in the other caller’s address book.
- Prod: for the first time, you can convey touch in a phone call! Playfully poke the other person by causing their phone to vibrate during the call.
In addition, Thrutu now lets you install extra buttons, many built by the development community using Thrutu's APIs. There are several to choose from, including:
- PayPal: send money, instantly and securely, to the person you're talking to
- Meet Me: quickly find the best place to meet in person
- Shared Search: search and browse the web together
- Coin Flip: make decisions or settle arguments with the flip of a coin
Plus many more! In Thrutu Central you'll find classic games including Tic Tac Toe, shared access to social sites like Flickr and Twitter, and other useful and fun sharing functions - and with new buttons being built all the time, the potential for new sharing capabilities is limitless.
Thrutu also helps you share rich content when you're not on a phone call. From Thrutu’s Contacts or History tab you can choose to send a message to share your location, photos and more using an SMS text message, or interactively if the other person has Thrutu.
Thrutu is changing the conversation. And we’re just beginning.
** Also available on iPhone and BlackBerry! **
With Thrutu, simply make a phone call in the normal way and Thrutu will automatically appear. If you both have Thrutu you'll get live updating maps and near-instant sharing. If you don't both have Thrutu, or if you don't have simultaneous a voice and data connection, then Thrutu will offer to share by SMS.
To share directly and interactively using Thrutu your phone needs WiFi, 3G or 4G coverage; it also needs access to the voice and data networks simultaneously, and not all networks support this - for example, in the US, Verizon and Sprint's 3G networks can't do it. (It's because they are CDMA-based.) In these situations you can still use Thrutu to conveniently share using SMS.
To activate Thrutu we send an SMS to your phone. In most cases activation is fully automatic, but if you see an SMS with a Thrutu link in it please click it to complete activation.
Our activation process verifies your phone number to make sure no-one else can intercept things people share with you. This process is now succeeding for 97% of users, but if you're unlucky enough that it doesn't work for you please use Menu -> Report Problem and we'll try our best to sort it out.