NFPA’s HAZMAT FLIC app provides the on-scene incident commander with pertinent guidance materials for managing emergency responses for high hazard flammable train and liquid petroleum pipeline emergencies.
• Instant access to two Fire Protection Research Foundation reports:
• “Liquid Petroleum Pipeline Emergencies (LPPE) On-Scene Incident Commander Field Guide”
• “High Hazard Flammable Trains (HHFT) On-Scene Incident Commander Field Guide”
Each guide provides the incident commander with tactical guidance and information for managing an emergency, including the application and use of risk-based response methodology.
• A multi-tiered size-up checklist that includes steps for incident management, problem identification, hazard assessment/risk evaluation, PPE selection, logistics resource management, post-emergency response operations, and spill control and fire control operations
• A collection of additional resources that includes links to incident reports, emergency numbers for rail lines, and links for additional train-specific and pipeline-specific information