Designed, invented, and created by Ivan Dancel (CEO of Tickments Inc.)
Tickments is a Canadian patent pending software platform with Canadian Intellectual Property Office Application Number: 2,976,114
What is the Tickments platform?
- A software platform for education.
- An online social communication tool enabling students to share their moments and emotions to each other.
- A mental health tool allowing schools and parents to keep track of their students' and child's mental health status respectively.
- Enables schools and parents to teach respectful communication to students and children.
What are the components to the Tickments platform?
- There are 3 components to the Tickments software platform: School Edition, Student Edition, and Parent Edition. You are currently viewing the Google Play Store Listing to allow you to download and install the Student Edition.
- School Edition: allows schools to invite students and parents to the Tickments platform. The School Edition also allows schools to monitor the mental health status of their students.
- Parent Edition: enables parents to keep track of their children's mental health status. Parents can also acknowledge and reward their child's positive behavior online.
- Student Edition: allows students to share moments and emotions to other students. Students can provide encouraging comments to the moments & emotions shared by other students.
How does the Tickments platform work?
Step 1 - School Edition
Schools send a request to Tickments Inc. to be invited and to be a partner in order to use the Tickments platform. Once approved by Tickments Inc.:
Schools invite students and their parents to join the platform
Schools grant only 1 account per student and parent
Students will be able to socially interact with other students
Parents can only view their child’s profile and will not be able to interact with other users
Step 2 - Student Edition & Parent Edition
Once invited by their school, students and parents download the Student Edition and Parents Edition of the Tickments app respectively from the Google Play Store. Tickments is available for Android Phones and Windows/Mac computers via the Bluestacks application (www.bluestacks.com).
Step 3 - Student Edition & Parent Edition
Students and parents complete the signup and registration process.
Step 4 - Student Edition
Students share Ticks with other students. Ticks are memorable moments and students share how happy or sad they are.
Sad Ticks have a value of 4 and below
Neutral Ticks have a value of 5
Happy Ticks have a value of 6 and above
Step 5 - School Edition, Student Edition & Parent Edition
Sharing Ticks will develop a mood tracking chart that schools, parents, and students can use to catch the early warning signs of depression. Students will be able to see the Tick details and mood tracking chart of other students. Schools and parents are limited to only view the mood tracking chart of their students and children respectively*
*Schools have the ability to view details of Ticks and Comments if they are reported for abuse.
Step 6 - Student Edition
Students can acknowledge others who provide them with respectful and supportive comments by clicking on the “I Feel Encouraged” button. Acknowledged comments are submitted to the parent(s) of the student who left the comment.
Step 7 - Parent Edition
Parent reviews comment.
If parent deems it a respectful and supportive comment, a point is given to their child.
Else, parent discusses with child and no points are given.
Step 8 - Student Edition
Students with points can redeem them at school for special rewards and privileges provided that they also behave respectfully and supportive in the school grounds.