The Phillip Island Nature Parks Penguin Parade app provides detailed and interactive information which will enhance your visit to the world famous Penguin Parade. This rich, image-oriented app will take you behind the scenes of the penguin colony and help you learn everything you need to know about little penguins.
• Lives Burrow Cam – directly from a penguin’s burrow!
• 3D Penguin – flip the bird and discover all the physical traits that help penguins survive at sea and on land.
• Penguins Everywhere - find the best spot to get up close and personal and watch them waddle from beach to burrow.
• Penguin Tracking - follow four little penguins as they head to their burrows and at sea.
• Penguin Data to Device– see interviews with those closest to the penguins and watch the birds crossing the research weighbridge while real data about each penguin appears on your screen.
• All 17 Penguins of the world - learn about penguins of the world, including where they live and threats they face.
• Play a Game - collect as many fish as you can while avoiding the obstacles, or test your knowledge with our question and answer section.
• 6 Languages – App offered in English, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, German and Spanish.
And there’s more – other features include:
• Arrival Times and Directions - helpful information including daily updates as to when penguins arrive.
• Protecting Penguins - read about the history of the Penguin Parade and how we protect the little penguin colony.
• Adopt a Penguin – adopt your own penguin and contribute to conservation.
• Welcome to Country – hear the Welcome to Country by a local Aboriginal elder and listen to her story about penguins.