Ever had your phone ring in class because you forgot to silence it?
School Assistant + will notify you when a class has started and automatically mute your phone for you during class.
Do you have trouble remembering when is your next test or assignment or what to study for your upcoming exam?
School Assistant + will remind you and even chart your progress throughout the year!
This version offers the following advantages over the free version:
• Main screen customization
• Weighted grades and evaluation types
• Better control and prediction on grades
• Unlimited evaluation types
• Tablet-designed main screen
• Google Calendar sync (one way)
• Events widget (Android 3 and 4 - can be added in the lock screen in Android 4.2 and up)
• Custom icons
• Password protection
• Schedule widget
• No ads
• Many more features coming soon...
If you want to check if School Assistant + supports your needs and wants, you can try the free version first.
Upgrading from the free version? Here is how to import your data:
• Make sure you have the latest version of School Assistant installed
• Open the free version, go to Menu > Settings > Tools > Export > Export
• Open School Assistant +, complete the initial setup and then go to Menu > Settings > Tools > Import and follow the instructions
Do you have ideas to make School Assistant better or have you found a bug?
Contact me and I'll implement/solve it as soon as possible.
Leaving negative comments here won't help me solve the issue.
Coming soon only in School Assistant +
• Better Google Calendar integration
• Smart event adding
• User support
• Many other features
- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Connecting to Students: The teacher can either browse for student tablets (from their desktop application) or allow students to connect directly to the relevant class from their Android device.
- Lesson Objectives: If provided by the teacher, once connected, students are presented with details of the current lesson, together with overall objectives and their expected learning outcomes.
- Sending Messages: The teacher can broadcast messages to one, selected, or all tablet devices.
- Chat: Both the student and the teacher can initiate a Chat session and participate in group discussions.
- Requesting Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they require assistance.
- Class Surveys: Teachers can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students are able to respond in real-time to the survey questions posed and the teacher can then show results to the whole class.
- Question and Answer Module: Enables the teacher to conduct instant student and peer assessment. Deliver questions verbally to the class, then select students to answer – randomly, first to answer or in teams.
- File Transfer: Teachers can transfer files to and from a selected student tablet or multiple devices in a single action.
- Lock Screen: The teacher can lock students’ screens while presenting, ensuring student focus when required.
- Blank Screen: The teacher can blank student screens to gain attention.
- Show Screen: While presenting, the teacher can show their desktop to connected tablets, at which point students are able to use touch-screen gestures to pinch, pan and zoom in order to highlight key information when needed.
- Launch URLs: Remotely launch a selected website on one or multiple student tablets.
- Student Rewards: Remotely assign ‘rewards’ to students to recognise good work or behaviour.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: View the current status of wireless networks and display battery strength for connected student devices.
- Configuration Options: Teachers can choose to pre-configure each Android tablet with the required classroom connectivity settings, or ‘push’ the settings out to each device from within the NetSupport School Tutor program.
Additionally, for supported devices:
- View thumbnails of all connected student tablets from the teacher PC.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student tablet.
- The teacher can discreetly view (Watch Mode) the screen of any connected student tablet.
Supported devices are from those vendors who have provided the additional access privileges needed for screen monitoring on their tablets. Currently:
Samsung – All devices shipped with Android 4.0 and above inc: Galaxy Tab, S3, S4, Note
ASUS - MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C. ASUS MeMo Pad ME102A
HP – All devices released since 01/01/14 inc: Slate 10/21
Intel - TR10CD1/TR10CS1
Mecer – All devices inc: S7, S10-3G, S101, M785, X9711, X1010, X1011
Haier Pad 1043
* Android v4.0 or later
** NetSupport School Tutor application required
If you're new to NetSupport School, you also need to download the desktop Tutor component at www.netsupportschool.com which you can try for free for 30 days. The Tutor component is used to connect to, and manage the Android students within the classroom.
Note: The NetSupport School Student for Android can be used with existing NetSupport School licences (if there are sufficient unused licences). Alternatively, additional Android-only student licences can be purchased from your NetSupport reseller at a reduced cost.
Time for School is an application developed specifically for high school and college students.
It makes it easy for you to save your schedule, and features a built in dynamic alarm.
- Easily keep track of you school's schedule.
- Notifications tell you when and where your next class starts.
- Dynamic alarm clock wakes you up at the right time according to you schedule.
- Highly customizable alarms.
Those features sound great, but how would you use Time for School?
To start, you enter your schedule into the application. You can easily add and delete weekly repeating classes. Or you can add one-time only classes. Next, you choose whether you want Time for School to notify you before each class. After you've done that, you can set an alarm. Just choose how long before you first class you want you alarm to go off, and it will automatically adapt to your schedule each day.
So what if one of you classes is cancelled? You open up Time for School, select and delete that specific class, and the alarm automatically recalculates your alarm time.
Available in English and Dutch
- Widgets that show you your schedule from you homescreen.
- Translations to German, French and Spanish.
Keywords: School, time, schedule, class, course, lesson, alarm.