MoveTracker is the successor of GPSSend.
MoveTracker is everything that I want with me in terms of electronic support when mountain biking, bike racing or hiking. I want to:
- retrace a route,
- record a route,
- see my heart rate, speed and distance in kilometers,
- send automatic emergency notification by SMS,
- occasionally download interesting routes underway,
- show my friends where I am right now,
- see where my friends are,
- have an up to date map.
You can find the (german) manual here: http://tinkerpete.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/gpssend-manual-fur-0-98/?????????????
- Automatic accident notification by SMS or email
- SMS activation of the accident notification with a security question
- Live tracking with heart rate and speed
- Support for Zephyr HxM heart rate monitors
- Support for Polar WearLink©+ transmitters with Bluetooth
- Integrated offline maps based on OpenStreetMaps
- Friends shown on the map with direction arrows and track trails
- Friends position shown in decimal degrees or UTM
- Friends movement detection with acoustic signal and auto-centering
- Multiple routes can be simultaneously shown in different colors.
- Automatic tracking with GPX, KLM or fitlog
- Tracking survives battery changes and crashes
- GPX format compatible with Google Earth (altitude profile)
- Dual language presentation layer (German and English)
- Manual transmission of GPS position possible
- Spoken messages from observers
- Can be used in conjunction with SportTracks
- Integrated Route downloading from gpsies.com
MoveTracker not only supports basic outdoor orientation functions like tracking and map pages. It also supports other possible applications for instance through live tracking. If you and your friends are registered on the server (http://biketracking.dyndns.org/geo_rbl), you can see each other on the MoveTracker map pages. This makes applications possible like:
- Meeting points in the woods
- Notification about friends who are also in the area
- Track friends or 'cut them off at the pass' :-)
- Action games like 'Fox Hunt' (http://tinkerpete.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/neulich-im-wald/)
- Greater distances during treks together
Another special feature of MoveTracker is automatic emergency reporting. It aids everyone who has an accident underway in remote regions, for instance while solo night biking or alone in difficult terrain. This is possible by setting an automatic interval in which a location report is transmitted to the server allowing a partner to follow along on Google Maps.
Even more interesting is the feature of MoveTracker that automatically reports an accident with GPS location by SMS or email. MoveTracker automatically monitors progress and, if the user doesn't move for a certain period of time due to an accident, the system automatically sends an emergency message.
This function can be an addition safety measure for athletes who have suffered a heart attack and are afraid to begin training again after rehabilitation, helping them to gradually restart sports.
Our live tracking server:
MoveTracker deployed on a handlebar mounted Motorola Defy: