THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark, Layline distance and ETA
- Wind average calculation
- Count down time
- Time to burn, Coundown and Starting box distances
- NMEA 0183 data connection
- Polar download, record, upload
- Current indication
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
Sailrace.net app is free for learning (Optimist kids, Lasers and other centerboards) and for evaluation purposes. We kindly ask all keel boat racers to purchase Premium license for 10 euros / year.
Have a good start and even better finish.
Rule A. Approach on different tacks - Port tack shall give way
Rule B. Approach on the same tack - Windward shall give way
NB In regatta competitions (i.e. fleet- and match racing) these correspond to ISAF rules 10 and 11
Free Beta program ends on April 30, 2015!
Please send us your usage feedback, ideas for new features and especially found bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org!
YOUR LOCATION->FINE (GPS) LOCATION
This is one of the basic features of the app.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION->FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Needed for downloading Google Maps.
STORAGE->MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Needed for writing the .GPX files onto the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS->PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
When you turn off your phone's screen, the app does not stop recording your track. All your trackpoints will be memorized as expected.
YOUR ACCOUNTS->DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
The app request access to the user's email. This is a free BETA feature, the free BETA version will be active only until May 1st 2013. On the Welcome screen you are informed that the only way to proceed to using the app is if you agree to share your email information with us, otherwise you may cancel and the information will not be collected. The permission is there so the user doesn't have to type the email, he/she just taps the "Continue" button. We need your email because while the app is in the free BETA state, the feedback from users and getting to know your needs is crucial.
DEFAULT->MODIFY BATTERY STATISTICS
This is a permission you must request if your app needs to read battery statistics. One of the features of the app is to always show the exact percentage of the battery remaining and the estimated battery lifetime left.
Help at http://nautkaapps.wordpress.com
The Fast Track has three main sections. The Dashboard, the Map View, and the Leg Comparison Tool.
Before sailing The Fast Track app, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the app in the simulation mode, where you will be provided with the necessary buttons to simulate your boat's speed and bearing.
You can easily define navigation waypoints, or import them from a GPX file.
The Fast Track app works as a time to line tool, synchronized with the regatta
chronometer, keeping you informed with estimated time to the start line. So you can make a perfect start!
When choosing a destination, The Fast track app will automatically
determine the theoretical wind of direction as upwind or downwind from your current position. Each time the boat passes through the direction of wind, The Fast Track app will assume the boat's tacking or gybing. And creates a new leg.
You can also specify the wind direction, so this angle will be used to decide when a tack or gybe has occurred. While the deviance keeps referred as the difference between the current boat bearing and the initial bearing to Waypoint.
The Text to Speech functionality can be activated from the preference menu, this enables The Fast track app speak specific navigation information updates, without the need to look at the screen.
Analyze your sailing through useful line charts as Speed, VMG & Deviance evolution.
Get full statistics from your sailing track as the Total Distance, Maximum & Average Speed, etc.
Save your navigation to GPX format and analyze it later in your PC, with your favorite GPS software as Google Earth, Garmin Basecamp, etc.
GPX file is saved in the folder /sdcard/TheFastTrack/AAAAMMDD_HHMM.gpx
AAAAMMDD is the date
HHMM is the time
- Offline Maps. Now you can cache (store) cartography before sailing and have it available in the middle of the sea without data connection. Based on Open Street Maps (osmdroid project) and the overlays from Open Sea Maps
- Waypoints Name & Location modification
- Proximity alerts to Waypoint
- Route Statistics (Length, Num. Waypoints, etc.)
- Enable/Disable Legs auto - generation
We recommend you to use a bluetooth external GPS antenna to enhance the accuracy of the application and get the better results.
Your comments & reviews are welcome, they help enhance the product visibility and future improvements. Thus, if you like The Fast Track, please rate it in Google Play. If you don't like it please provide some description or email us directly, so we can take it into account to fix it for future releases. If a new release solves some of your previous issues we will really appreciate if you test it again and re-evaluate it.
Special Thanks to:
Bálint László, for his contributions, ideas & hungarian language translations
Teresa Albelda & Yolanda Barranco for the French translation
for their continuous contributions & ideas to this product
Anders Ericsson for his great tutorial about Android Line Charts:
Record your sailing trips, while you are sailing.
You can also add photos and comments to your track while sailing.
The app uploads your trip data to your free account at www.keepsailing.net, for you to re-experience the sailing trip whenever you wish.
You can also share the sailing trip with friends and family, even live while you are sailing.
Requires a free account at http://www.keepsailing.net.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend using a charger while tracking during long trips.
The challenge when sailing to windward is to know how high to point into the wind.
When pointing higher, the boat goes slower, but there is less distance to travel. On the other side, when pointing lower (from the wind), the boat goes faster, but the distance is longer. The trick is to find the optimum angle, that balances speed with distance. And that is what NaWi does for you.
Once the optimal route is calculated it is displayed on the map. With simple dragging of tacking point you can adjust the route (e.g. to avoid collision with dangerous navigation points or visit interesting places). Once you are ok with route, NaWi will navigate you to follow your optimal route.
Navigation screen is designed to provide all essential information in readable form even in hard sailing conditions. The rotating compass over the map shows the optimal course, speed, course value, time to destination and time to tack are also displayed. Everything in one place, but easily visible.
Your optimal route is projected on the Open Sea Maps. These can be downloaded to your device in time when you have Wi-Fi connectivity and then used offline during the sailing.
There are no additional purchases in NaWi and you have full functionality available after download.
NaWi was made by sailors for sailors. We are sailing enthusiasts and we made NaWi first for us to improve our sailing technique. After realizing how beneficially it is we decided to offer it commercially. We believe it will help you sailing faster and plan your trips more precisely.
AVAILABLE MAPS: Territorial and contiguous waters of Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany (Wadden Sea), Netherlands, France (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Spain (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Portugal, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Denmark.
- FREE Offline maps available; no need to have internet connection during sailing
- Optimal route calculation based on the wind direction
- Working for all wind directions (Close hauled, Beam reach, Running)
- Apparent or True wind speed and direction entry possible
- Use compass heading of the device or enter wind direction directly from external device
- Support for selecting alternative route (port/starboard tack) or adjusting the tack/jibe point to avoid obstructions
- Calculation optimized for different type of boats
- Fast and easy usage in the sailboat environment
- Navigation screen optimized for rough conditions on the sea
- Possibility of loading different map than actual location of device; could be used for trip planning in different country
- Battery saving mode for longer mobile device operating capabilities
- No need for additional in-app purchases, full functionality available
*** THIS IS THE PREVIEW VERSION WHICH ONLY COVERS THE BASIC RULES AND THE START ***
The app shows how the official ISAF racing rules of sailing are put into practice and apply during a regatta. It is made for anyone who doesn't find the time or motivation to study the text-based version.
If you are looking for an easy way to learn the ISAF racing rules or simply want to re-fresh your knowledge, this app is for you.
Regardless of your sailing experience you will get a better understanding of how the racing rules of sailing interact on the course and how you can use them to your advantage. All important rule changes of the 2013 - 2016 edition are included, as well.
The racing situations are categorized into into Basic Rules, Start, Upwind Leg, Windward Mark, Downwind Leg, Downwind Mark and Finish, which makes them easy to find and access. Swipe gestures are used to navigate between illustrations of the same category.
• Over 80 up-to-date racing situations
• Understandable explanations
• Rule number references
• Simple navigation
• Always available on your phone
With this app, you can watch In-Port Races and Leg Starts live, track the boats, check out the sailors’ profiles and explore the route, the ports and all the stories behind this extraordinary adventure.
The 12th edition of the Volvo Ocean Race will start from Alicante, Spain on October 4, 2014 and finishes in Gothenburg, Sweden with a final in-port race on June 27, 2015. The seven teams will visit 11 ports and cover 38,739 nautical miles from Cape Town to Abu Dhabi, Sanya, Auckland, Itajaí, Newport, Lisbon, Lorient, The Hague and finally, Sweden.
Keep up to date with a race that exceeds all others. Follow the 66 sailors as they compete day and night for more than 20 days at a time, living on freeze-dried food and facing the toughest weather conditions on the planet. This is Life at the Extreme.
Cut and save your training to keep it clean.
No fluff. Big numbers, high contrast, easy to use.
Don't worry about the marks during the training. You can add them later.
Share your results with Beautiful statistics to challenge your friends.
Log to Check your speed and direction in real time.
With TrainingDay is easy to check in real time the important datas of your sailing. Speed, direction, VMG (coming soon), distance and time. You will record your training datas and at the same time you have all the tools that are necessary to improve your technique.
Counts your maneuvers.
TrainingDay is able to count all the Tacking and Jibing. Is this way you can plan a good session and verify the work done.
Clean training analysis.
When your training is finished you can easily cut the session that is relevant to you and save it to analyze it afterwards.
Add the Marks
A mark is missing or is in the wrong position? Add it, change it again and again.
Record meteo information
You can add wind speed, waves, wind direction and more to have a complete overview of your training conditions.
* Input your course using the waypoints Navigatta already knows about, or add your own waypoints easily.
* Tell Navigatta which way round the mark to go, so you can tell the crew at a glance.
* View your Distance and Bearing to the Mark, Course over ground, Velocity Made Good and Estimated Time to Mark on a high contrast screen.
* Navigatta automatically increments to the next leg when you approach the current mark.
* View your course on the map by swiping to the map view in the Race Navigator screen.
We are building up a database of racing waypoints. If you find some that we are missing, please contact us: email@example.com
Luminous Development are a software company focused on user experience. Here are some nice little touches we think you'll appreciate.
When editing a race:
* Accidentally added the startline as a race mark? Just move the mark and drag it to the start line section.
* Not sure which is the port end and which is the starboard end of the line? Just add the waypoints and Navigatta will figure it out for you based on where the next mark is.
When viewing a race:
* Change the Race Navigator between Race List, Mark Information and Map View by swiping the black bar at the bottom.
* Tap a mark in the Map View to see its name and rounding details.
* You won't accidentally exit the Race Navigator when the app is in your pocket. The Race Navigator requires you to press and hold buttons (long press). Of course, you can change that behaviour in the settings screen.
* No need to unlock your device in Race Mode. The Race Navigator sits over the top of your lock screen.
* Alternatively, keep the screen on all the time if the device is mounted in the cockpit. Have a look in settings for these options.
* Navigatta monitors your race even when the screen is off. As you approach the mark, it will automatically increment to the next mark for you. If you don't pass close enough, you can set the current leg (see next).
* Long press a mark in the Race Mark List to set that as the current leg.
Navigatta uses the following permissions:
- To download existing waypoints from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- To download the maps data and image tiles.
- To report your race progress to Navigatta.com
- For accurate race navigation
- For creating waypoints based on your current location
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database if Cellular location is unavailable.
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- Used for managing the Navigatta processes.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine how conservative to be when accessing the maps servers.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine if the network is available.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to cache map tiles.
- Used to inform the user that a dragged item was dropped in the wrong place.
Dabei soll diese kein Lehrbuch und vor allem auch keine fundierte Ausbildung ersetzen. Die Informationen sind zum Nachlesen und zum Erinnern gedacht.
Zusätzlich sind persönliche, sowie auch Daten zum Schiff hinterlegbar, die ausschließlich auf dem eigenen Gerät gespeichert werden.
Zu den beinhalteten Daten zählen:
- Informationen für den Seenotfall
- Hafenmanöver mit aussagekräftigen Bilden
- Lateral-/Kardinalzeichen, Schallzeichen, etc.
- interaktive Informationen zu Funk (Notfall-, Dringlichkeitsmeldungen, etc.) mit Beispieltexten.
- umfangreiches Glossar
- Tools zur Beschickung von Kursen und Peilungen
- Kompass (natürlich nur für Geräte, die einen Kompass integriert haben)
Die Daten stehen komplett ohne Internet-Zugang zur Verfügung. Es wird weder WLAN, noch ein Zugang über das mobile Internet benötigt.
Die Internet-Berechtigung ist allein für die Werbung.
Falls etwas nicht funktionieren sollte, etwas fehlt, etwas falsch oder unverständlich ausgedrückt ist, bitte schreibt eine eMail.
Informationen zu den folgenden Themen rund ums Segeln sind enthalten:
- Buchstabier- und Flaggenalphabet
- Beaufort-Skala inkl. Umrechnungen z. B. in Knoten oder m/s und mit Beschreibungen der Windstärken
- Über 100 Segelbegriffe mit kurzer Beschreibung und einer Übersetzung ins Englische
- Die wichtigsten Knoten (z.B. Palstek, Achtknoten oder Stoppersteg)
- Die Funkschemata im Anrufverfahren SRC werden am Beispiel erläutert
- Vereinfachte Regatta-Regeln
- Übersicht und Einzelbeschreibung der "Sichtzeichen Fahrzeuge" gemäß Anlage II SeeSchStrO
- Kollisionsverhütungsregeln (KVR)
- Rechner für Geschwindigkeit / Distanz / Zeit
- Umrechnung Beaufort / m/s /km/h / Knoten
Egal ob zum Stöbern oder um gezielt Informationen zu suchen. Mit der auffieren-App sind die wichtigsten Infos rund ums Segeln immer parat.
Share your favourite fishing locations with your fishing friends.
Plan your trolling paths, waypoints, fishing locations in Google Earth and import them to Fishing Points (supported file formats are KMZ and GPX).
Prepare for fishing trip using 7-day detailed weather forecast and tide prediction.
- Save fishing locations, hotspots
- Save trotlines
- Save trolling paths
- Find fishing locations with GPS navigation system
- Current weather conditions
- 48-hour and 7-day detailed weather forecast
- 7-day tide prediction charts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Moon phase information
- Online mode with Google Maps
- Offline mode
- Import fishing hotspots, waypoints, trolling paths as kmz or gpx files from other devices
- Share your locations with your fishing friends
- Nautical, imperial and metrical unit system
- Multiple coordinate formats support
- Measure distances
For bugs, problems, any ideas, suggestions, translation help please contact developer.
You can use it in combination or alone with he internal GPS of your Android device to get position, speed and heading instead of using the data from the ship, as proof mechanism, or if you do not have an NMEA data connection onboard .
Sailtracker also allows display NMEA AIS information received by the AIS transceiver of your boat.
Sailtracker shows the position coordinates, Speed over ground (SOG), Course over ground (COG), GPS Time, True Heading, Magnetic Heading, Apparent and True Wind Speed and Angle, Depth, Temperature, active Waypoint, VMG, ETA ...
Record waypoints and calculate target distance, VMG, and estimated time of arrival at the destination or regatta mark.
Sailtracker compute polar based on angle and true wind speed, calculated from apparent wind and boat speed obtained by GPS (COG).
Sailtracker includes NMEA depth alarm and anchor, and a countdown timer to output regattas.
Features version "PRO"
- VMG Wind calculate and display on Map and Wind tabs
- VMG Waypoint display on Map and Wind tabs
- True Wind on Wind tabs
- Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth
- Scaling of AIS icons to show the actual size of the vessels
- Displays the complete Polar
- Allows you to record more than 5 sessions
- Export the session data saved in text mode email or other means.
- Export the image of polar
- Can be installed on SD-Card
Version 2.2 r38
Bug fixes. Support para Android 5.0
Version 2.1 r23-r25
UDP Broadcast support. Bug fixes.
Version 2.0 - r20
New wind screen; compass on Map; Lines waypoints; bug fixes
Notificacions with big text and buttons on statusbar
(PRO) VMG Wind on Map and Wind tab;
(PRO) VMG Way on Map and Wind tab
(PRO) True Wind on Wind tab
Version 1.0 r17
(PRO) Export of recorded session to .kml file to show it on Google Earth or similar software,
Version 1.0 r15
(PRO) Improved AIS. Show vessel at real size on map.
Version 1.0 r14
Increased polar to cover completely the 180º
(PRO) Added Regatta Mode in waypoint.
(PRO) Added indicator Windward / Leeward waypoint.
Version 1.0 r.9
- Added internal database to store data obtained by AIS vessels, allowing a faster visualization and data presentation.
- Fixed AIS information on ETA, Length, Beam and Draught.
- Added default option to calculate the True Wind locally based on Apparent Wind and GPS data.
- Added option to show default position coordinates in degrees and minutes format (dd ° mm, mmmm ') in waypoints and router marks.
Version 1.0 r.3
- Added waypoint control on Tab Map
- Permit save a Master Polar to use on VMG computing
- Layouts changed to show on different screen sizes
- VMG optimized to show the best angle to destination based on saved Master and Real Polar
- Fix alarms bugs
- AIS: Added Draught, Lenght and Beam.
- Google Play Services (automatic launch from application)
- Google Maps installed
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION:
It requires Android 4.0 or higher.
FishingKnots is optimized for both tablet and smartphone usage.
✔ Easy-to-follow instructions
✔ Tablet support
✔ Favorites support
✔ Eagle eye mode
✔ Two different themes: Black and Light
✔ Removable Ads
Happened in summer of 2011. I was fishing and I had to tie a knot, which I used a very long time ago. Ok, no panic, “there is an app for that”, so I’ve checked the Android market, but I was quite disappointed, as I could not find such app, which would gave step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions with good photos.
So I’ve made this app. That’s it.
This application illustrates how to make the most popular fishing knots, categorized in 4 chapters: line, hook, misc and boating knots. Step-by-step instructions help anyone to master those.
• Tying loops: Simple loop, Bight, 3-turn loop
• Stop knots: Multi-wrap stop knot, Figure of eight stop knot, Uni stop knot
• Dropper loops and leaders: Butterfly loop, Dropper loop, Surgeon’s knot, Alpin, Linfit
• Joining leader to loop: Joining loops 1-2, Quick joining to loop
• Line to line: Albright, Blood and Fishermans knot
• Spade end hooks: Domhof, Needle knot, Snelling
• Knotless knot
• Eyed hooks: Crawford, Herkules, Trilene
• Fly or/and eyed hooks: Duncan, Mörrum, Orvis
• Drop shot knot
• Palomar knot
• WF knot
• Knots for swivels and snap locks: Clinch, Hangman’s knot, Sling knot
• Arbour knots
• Rapala knot
• Universal knots: Rebeck, Kentauri, Pitzen
• Bowline, Anchor knot, Sliding knot, Double hitch, Cleat knot and Clove hitch
This app is free, but Ad supported.
This application was made based on series of articles on haldorado.hu site with the permission of the site owners and the author of the content, Róbert Balogh. Translation was made by Róbert, also.