Current network status may be displaying in the customizable widget.
Tags: GSM, 3G, CDMA, EVDO, signal detection, cell tower location, cellular network, cell location, cell id, cell coverage statistics, cell coverage map, network widget
There is an issue with the Samsung Galaxy S2 that prevents Mobile Signal Widget PRO from working correctly. There is nothing I can do to fix this.
"Freezing": This was a feature I added to detect when the widget update service had been killed, it is not a bug in the widget. If my widget detects that it has "freezed", check that you are not running any task killing applications.
PRO version features:
5 appearance options, including transparent background.
Tap to configure - Change widget appearance without re-adding.
V1.2 - Fixed operator and signal strength not returning.
New 2x1 widget featuring separate bars for signal and Wi-Fi strength.
More options, more widget sizes and skins!
1. A full screen WiFi Signal Strength Meter
2. Home screen widgets
3. Interference Monitor from Neighboring channels.
Did you know that the WiFi signal strength increases by a million times (60dB) from low strength to full strength ? The 4 bar default Android WiFi icon is just not good enough to capture this dynamic range.
Did you also know that there are very few WiFi channels (3 to 4) available and the likelihood of a neighboring WiFi router interfering with your connection is very high?
- Full screen graphical Signal Strength Meter
- Widgets with color schemes
- WiFi Channel Neighborhood to check the interference in connection
- Detailed WiFi data
Pro Features(Inapp Purchase):-
- Ad Free
- Additional Widget Color Schemes
- WiFi Meter and Channel Monitor Auto Update
1. The Minimal and Graphic widgets have been designed with latest design guidelines and better battery management. The widget updates on tapping or on network connectivity change. These widgets are only available on Android Jellybean 4.1 and higher.
2. If the widget is not available in the list of widgets on first install open the list of widgets and change the orientation of the device. This will refresh the widgets list. Also do not move app to Sdcard.
3. Permissions - The app requires internet permissions for showing the Google ads.
4.The Pro and Free apps(with INAPP unlock) are seperate apps and billed seperately by Google. The Pro App has been unpublished. More on this is in the FAQs on my website.
What this app gives you:-
1. An aesthetic and very functional full screen Signal Strength Meter.
2. Simple Home Screen widgets without taking too much space
3. Neighboring Cell tower coverage
4. Network Latency or Delay for data
IMPORTANT: Read the notes
The signal meter and widgets cover all networks including 4G/LTE and give extensive network information. The widgets can be extensively customized to any theme with a prototype. There is also notifications for out of service and roaming conditions.
1. Network Signal strength in dBm and percentage.
2. Graphic and Minimal Widgets with color schemes
3. Out of service and roaming notifications.
4. Detailed Network info and Neighboring cell towers
5. Airplane or Restart Mobile Connection only without disturbing WiFi, NFC etc(Not available for >= Android 4.2)
6. Network latency widget
7 Signal Check for basic diagnostics
Pro Features(Inapp Purchase):-
2. Additional Widget Color schemes
3. Service Notification tones
4. Auto Refresh Signal Meter and Neighbor cells
1. The Graphic, Minimal and latency widgets have been designed with latest design guidelines and better battery management. The widget updates on tapping. These widgets are only available on Android Jellybean 4.1 and higher.
2.Issues. A very few phones/ROMs are not supporting signal strength refresh. If the Network Type and the Carrier are updating correctly but the signal strength is not updating then this is a sure sign of a broken ROM. This is a known issue and not a problem with the App.
3. If you cant find the widget in the list of widgets after installation change the orientation of device with the list of widgets opened. This will cause the list of widgets to get refreshed. Also do not move app to SD Card.
4.Permissions - The app requires requisite permissions for accessing the info shown in the Network Info screen and showing the Google ads.
5.The Pro and Free(with inapp unlock) apps are separate apps and billed separately by Google. The Pro App has been unpublished. More on this is in the FAQs on my website.
There is an issue with Gingerbread 2.3.3 that prevents Mobile Signal Widget from working correctly. There is nothing I can do to fix this; the problem is with the Android API.
Mobile Signal Widget PRO now available!
PRO version includes transparency option, new 2x1 widget and more. Check it out in the market.
Shows real-time mobile signal strength in dBm, operator, network type and Wi-Fi signal.
NEW - Unfreeze! Widgets. Tap a frozen widget to get it going again.
* This is a diagnostic monitoring tool
* This does not increase reception
* Custom signal bars need time to calibrate or need to be manually set
* Please read all the description and please don't leave "It don't work" comments; email me....
Displays a persistent customizable signal-bar in your notification area (5-bar). It also records signal statistics and graphs for monitoring.
### This uses Android's raw GSM or CDMA signal values directly! ###
How many times have you had 3 or 4 signal bars yet couldn't make a call or even check your email? Many vendors (or carriers) intentionally pad or incorrectly display the real signal power using the devices built in signal-bar graph. This is where Real Signal's power comes in to help...
Real Signal can be adjusted manually or automatically to report a better and more accurate bar-scale. What Real Signal displays is your dBm signal in truth, but I leave the graphic bar-scale control in YOUR hands to manipulate to YOUR needs (with some help)! Great huh!
*** Instructions ***
I've included a general default CDMA and GSM bar-scale which works well for Samsung and HTC devices(probably others too), but Motorola signals seem different than other vendors. You can use the defaults and adjust the thresholds to properly display a 5 bar-signal graph in your notifications or you can use Real Signal's built-in (auto)signal threshold algorithm to set the 5 bar-scale ranges based on your recorded signal strengths. To use this to its best ability, make sure you calibrate Real Signal by traveling through known WEAK and STRONG signal areas before applying the (auto) signal thresholds. Once you get some decent and accurate thresholds, tweak them as needed or leave them as they are. It's your choice!
For general signal monitoring, DO NOT keep GPS tracking enabled. This will kill your battery quickly! It's not Real Signal that is killing your battery, its the GPS receiver.
*** TIP ***
Signals strengths are scaled from low numeric values to high numeric values. This could be negative values from a low of -120 to a high of -65 or something more simplistic as a low of 1 to a high of 31. Just remember, its always low to high on the number scale, including negative number ranges.
**!! This does NOT increase actual signal strength. !!**
Please use the FEEDBACK TOOL in the app for questions or problems. I can't really help if you leave feedback in the Market comments. Thank you!
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
1. losing signal problem of Motorola Phone 4G.
2. Signal block problem of Samsung S3,Note2.
3. Unregistered problem of Samsung android series as S4,S3,Note2,Note3.
4. Signal offnet or diving problem of cell phone
Does your cell phone losing signal or offnet frequently?
Does your grey-market cell phone keep losing signal?
Is the signal normal when your cell phone sleeping?
Do you get losing signal warning when entering subway,basement,computer room and tunnel?
You would suffer above problems more or less when using cell phones.Cell phone does lose signal in certain places.Could we get beforehand warning of losing singal? Could we restore signal?
SignalGuardPro real-time monitoring signal quality and working condition of your cell phone.It can give beforehand warning with ring,vibration and LED three methods when signal abnormalities occurs,such as entering places like subway,basement,computer room and tunnels or caused by uncorrectly baseband settings. And it can automatically restore signal networking within 6 seconds(fastest), in accordance with the signal parameter settings. The whole restore process will be recorded in database which could be checked later.
1,Baseband locking function:
it can set working baseband in 2G,3G or 4G.
2,Cell tower refreshing function:
it can switch to the most powerful cell tower nearby, Combination of rational setting 2G/3G/4G baseband,it will enhance signal stability and improve quality of connection.
3,WIFI management function:
control WIFI connection,real-time examine frequency channel, DBM and other informations, change or erase connecting password, more effective and convenient than system’s wifi management.
4,WIFI channel diagnostics function:
It can automatically analysis available wireless router frequency channels,give tips of conflicted and interferenced channels and available free ones,therefore solve the problem of slow wifi connection.
5,Power saving function:
When actived, power saving function will turn on flight mode,close wifi and GPS. Thus no need of worrying midnight call or message wake you up.
1) cellphone communications signal restore funtion to restore broken and weak network, enhance signal.
2) cellphone baseband lock, base station refresh function to improve the cellphone signal quality.
3) WIFI connection management, improve the diagnostic function to improve WIFI connection rate.
4) Signal power saving function to save cellphone power, extend standby time.
5) monitoring cellphone signals work status , double icon displays the amount of telecommunications signals.
6) Use combination of sound, vibration, LED three ways to remind lost signal and signal network restored.
7) Record logs of losing signal and restore signal network, for check and management later.
8) The app can be set to boot from the start, provide whole time monitoring.
9) Support all the software and hardware of Android models in the market. Support monitoring and restoring the signal even the cellphone is in standby or hibernation mode.
1. New 2*1 desktop widgets.
2. New report graph functions, statistical signal values at different times.
3. New ringing and vibrating alert in the baseband switching.
4. Improved part of the interface view, more friendly.
5. Optimized baseband lock function, support the Samsung GALAXY series.
6. Fixed some bugs.
1. Compatible with AT&T operator.
2. Optimization sub-module function.
1. new menu buttom to exit.
2. Fixed the cross-border issues caused by special large font.
3. Fixed individual bug.
1 . Answer Android fragmentation , now compatible with Samsung N7102i, Huawei Mate, MI 2A.
2 Fixed WIFI channel diagnostic functions BUG in 5G band.
3 Fixed display of time
4 Fixed some other small bug.
It can also show a notification in addition to the home screen widget.
The widget shows phone Signal Strength, Network type, Battery status, and Wifi strength and SSID name. Click each label to go to the related settings.
** There is no open API to get signal strength of an LTE connection. This will come when I am able to have access to it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please see website for changelog.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
- Signal Strength
- Network Type
- Network Operator
* Before installing this widget, please install "Signal Strength Checker"(TAMAO) and confirm whether the application detects accurate signal strength.
By long press on the Home screen, a menu is displayed.
[Widget]-[Signal Strength Checker Widget]
Setting page is opened by tapping the widget.
You can select a color of text and background,
and reconnect to the Network by clicking 「Reset」button.
IMPORTANT: try the LITE version first, testing if everything is ok with your device.
The widget is not tested yet on CDMA network. However it should work, but the values ranges are probably different.
In phone signal widget, the signal strength is differentiated into 20 levels, measured in dBm. This will show detailed information about how good the phone signal strength really is. Moreover you will have info about mobile data network type and network name.
So this application is ideal for those who experience low phone reception levels.
In this PRO version you can use custom colours for background, speed signal meter, pointer, operator network and unit text. Furthermore banner ads are not displayed.
** If you recently took an update from Samsung and it broke access to switching between LTE and 3G, it's Samsung fault, as they permanently blocked developers from accessing it. Please don't give me 1-2 stars for something I can't fix, but others still find useful**
--- What do this app do? ---
► Toggle between 3G and 4G with a few clicks for nearly any device regardless of manufacturer.
► View all statistics your carrier uses to determine signal quality and 3G to 4G hand offs for CDMA, LTE and HSPA/HSPA+ in real time.
► Easy to read 3G and 4G statistics in percentages based on the max/min values instead of just decibels.
► Quick access to info you can reference when you need to complain to your carrier about poor reception in your area.
► Find dead spots around your home/office that affect phone calls, but not data (or data, but not phone calls).
► Reception quality can be misleading with bars only. See all the data Android and your carrier hides from you to determine signal quality and how it varies.
► Access to low level information about your previous and current wifi connections, including the current signal in decibels.
Annoyed at the lack of network signal information for your Android phone your carrier hides from you?
Can't switch between 3G and LTE easily with your phone?
Wish you could know more about the statistics your carrier uses to determine many bars your phone has and the tower it connects to?
Want to see what your 3g and 4g signals are at the same time and also switch between them easily?
Try out this free app and see all that information you've been missing when you could only look at number of bars and one signal under status settings. Also includes hidden configuration settings (cell radio configuration, wifi config, battery info) normally invisible to users.
Compare your signal quality based on percentages instead of just decibels. Now, you can instantly see how great each signal reading is for your device based on a scale of 0% (worst) to 100% (best). Percentages are configured to give the best reading for your carrier by default.
Use the info contained in this app to monitor your current signal and find dead spots around your home and office. Also useful for complaining to tier 2 tech support with your carrier when your signal sucks. Be informed and use what they know to your advantage!
**If you want this app in another language, please contact me either on the forums or with the listed email here to help. Translating can be done by anyone via https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/advanced-signal-info **
More information about the app can be found here until it's integrated into the app itself:
App works best for phones with either a CMDA or LTE data connection, but I offer as much GSM info as I can provide. If it does not work with your device, please contact me at my email and I can work with you to find out the issue.
Note: not all information may be available depending on the OEM/OS. Info not displayed will show as "N/A".
If the advanced area button causes the app to crash, it's your device and not me, sorry (not much I can do other than remove the button for your device only). It's an activity added to the pure Android OS and can be restricted by manufacturers (such certain Samsung ones).
== PERMISSIONS ==
↑ because the app won't show anything useful without those ↑
↑ for the tiny banner ad I have ↑
↑ Used only as a fallback for devices that can't access additional settings.
I don't collect or store any personal information.
Source Code: https://github.com/yareally/SignalInfo
**The application won't work on Android version 4.2 and on later Android versions because of some restrictions**
- improve GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE signal reception on your mobile phone/tablet
- instantly improve calls and internet connections
- improve speed of downloading and data transmission
- prolong battery life
- find the strongest signal from the base mobile station within coverage area
- this application is a guaranteed way to find out the reason of weak signal on your mobile phone. If cellular signal is weak because you mobile phone gets always connected to the wrong mobile station, this application will exactly help you.
- if the signal is low because of poor coverage in the surrounding area, you may need special appliances for signal improvement.
The way the application works:
You should click "Improve the signal" and application will do the rest for you. Application finds the strongest mobile signal within the coverage area and get connected to the nearest base station. Due to reconnection to the nearest base station mobile signal level will incease on your mobile phone/tablet.
Please, write us if you have some some comments or suggestions.
It recovers the radio waves of the tablet and smartphone immediately by Cutting → Reconnecting the radio waves in use.
This radio waves recovery app is not the type of app that switches the flight-mode On → Off and reconnects to Wi-Fi or communicates the data.
In Android4.2 or above, it is not possible to control the On / Off flight mode automatically as in the usual way.
Due to this change, re-connection of communication is no longer possible.
But as most of the existing radio waves recovery app are of the type which re-connects using the On / Off flight mode, they do not work properly with Android4.2 or above.
As this app is not based on the method of On → Off of flight mode, it works properly with Android4.2 and above versions.
With just a single-tap on the app icon you can disconnect the radio waves being used and then reconnect it.
What is radio waves recovery:
When you move from the location that is out of range or with weak radio waves to the location within the range or with strong radio waves, the radio waves are not recovered immediately.
Usually cell-phones receive radio waves every few minutes, therefore it is possible that you stay out-of-range for a while even though you are in the location with radio waves.
(e.x.) You cannot send e-mails as still being out-of-range, even though you have come out of a tunnel.
You are currently at such a location in a building where the radio waves are weak and you want to find a location where the radio waves are strong, but you cannot even wait for a few minutes to retrieve the radio waves each time you move a little.
With this app, you can send e-mails as soon as you come out of the tunnel, or it is easier to find the best location for radio waves at home or in a building, as it retrieves radio waves at the location immediately.
Recommended for those who want:
- An app which supports Android4.2 or above
- A radio waves recovery app which works properly
- A non-resident radio waves recovery app
- No troublesome settings
- An app which works with one tap
- An app with no advertisements
How to use this app:
(1) Install the app.
(2) Tap the app icon.
(3) Disconnect the radio waves being used and then reconnect it.
(4) The app automatically completely finish.
(No need to install widget)
Charts show the changes of strength level and speed of mobile connection. Log and Statistics display the data about cells which were used by a mobile device. After importing of CLF file containing cell locations data can be displayed.
If you are using dual SIM device the app will work only with the SIM inserted in the first slot.
The application doesn't show neighboring cells data on Samsung devices due to firmware limitations.
This app uses a list type interface rather than a grid so you can concentrate more on finding your app rather thinking of where to look next. Change the UI size for easier legibility! Categories with icons and custom names makes it easier for you to find what you need! See the features below.
1. Place apps into custom categories.
2. Customize categories with icons.
3. Add shortcuts into your categories (e.g. driving directions, contacts).
4. Sort your apps by alphabet or (in app) launch count.
5. Adjust the UI size.
6. Categories are accessed through a sliding drawer, and you can select a side for easier one-hand operation.
7. Backup your category settings to your SD card and restore later.
PURCHASE THE APP KEY TO REMOVE ADS!
Report any suggestions or bugs to email@example.com. Your help to improve this app will be very much appreciated!