The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
As reviewed in Sky & Telescope, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari's streamlined user interface puts both power and simplicity into your hands - and turns your mobile device into an invaluable tool for exploring the night sky. SkySafari is more than just a star chart - it's a celestial travel guide!
SkySafari for Android comes in three versions – this is basic version of SkySafari.
What you can do with SkySafari:
• Point and hover your mobile device at the night sky to identify constellations, planets, satellites, stars, and other sky objects from your location.
• Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
• 46,000 stars, plus 220 of the best-known star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies in the sky.
• Displays the Solar System's major planets and moons using NASA spacecraft imagery, and includes the best-known asteroids and comets.
• Accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at anytime up to 100 years in the past or future.
• Encyclopedic descriptions of the sky objects written by professional astronomers.
• Hundreds of images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
• “Night” button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky.
• “Time Flow” Feature - follow the motion of sky objects as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
• Ten times more star data than Google SkyMap
***TOP NEW FEATURES in SkySafari 4***
• Animated Meteor Showers – with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics!
• Google Maps Integration: Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• New and Updated Descriptions – for HUNDREDS of objects!
• New Horizon Panoramas – Yerba Buena Gardens, Ayers Rock, Mauna Kea. Or add your own!
• Re-invented look and feel with new app icons and artwork.
• Complete rewrite of compass code for much smoother and accurate motion tracking.
• Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don’t have room to list here!
***Click on the following link for the NEW SkySafari 4***
Make sure you have at least 150 MB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 150 MB free on your internal SD card!)
Please note: there is no upgrade pricing from SkySafari's basic version to SkySafari Plus or Pro. Make sure to get the version you want!
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Is SkySafari having trouble downloading its data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions about SkySafari for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're firstname.lastname@example.org, and we're happy to hear from you.
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
Display rise, transit and set times of sun, moon and planets of our solar system !
Display sky projections including stars of the Bright Star Catalogue, constellations, some asterisms and meteor showers !
Notifications are available to not miss the various astronomical phenomena of our sky.
The application can be added on your screen as a widget (do not install it on the sd memory card in this case).
Select the position of the observer, date, time and time zone and display the various informations and views available.
★ HD graphics and awesome music and sound effects
★ Easy to use and intuitive controls
★ Detailed information about the places you visit
★ Images based on real photos taken by telescopes or NASA spacecraft
★ Ideal educational introduction for kids
★ An atmospheric experience in the vacuum of space!
Easy to use controls make navigation a breeze. A simple tap will send you soaring into the outer reaches of deep space. Another tap will return you safely home to Earth.
There’s lots to see and do. In addition to beautiful graphics, Solar System Explorer also includes a great deal of information about the planetary systems you’ll visit. Learning has never been so enjoyable!
With the new free-flight option, you can take direct control and fly the spaceship yourself and become the pilot. Accompanied by a rumbling engine, you’ll be swooping through the asteroid belt, diving through the gas giant Saturn’s rings and surfing the upper atmosphere of planets. It’s the next best thing to a space walk!
The 3D models in this app are based on photos taken by NASA spacecraft and ground based telescopes. Because some of the moons around the gas giants have only been visited once or twice, we may have partially complete images. Missing surface detail for these objects is estimated from what can be seen.
In this solar system simulator you can explore the brilliant blue-green Uranus, knocked onto its side by a massive collision. Visit the proto-planet Ceres which makes up one third of the mass of the asteroid belt. Marvel at Neptune's moon Triton which orbits in the opposite direction to Proteus. Take in the sights of the Jupiter's heavily scarred moon Callisto, its surface pockmarked by countless impact craters.
Places to visit in this solar system orrery:
The Sun, otherwise known as Sol
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars
Gas giant: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Moons: Luna, Deimos and Phobos, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede, Io, Mimas, Tethys, Enceladus, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus, Miranda, Umbriel, Ariel, Oberon, Titania, Triton, Proteus, Charon
Dwarf: Ceres, Vesta and Pluto
Also, catch up to NASA's Voyager spacecraft on its lonely journey into the cosmos
This is the 3D simulator for pocket astronomers!
Download the old Solar Explorer Lite version at http://apps.burlock.org/solar-explorer-hd-can-download-lite/
- Did you know that it is still a mystery how long a day on Saturn is?
- Did you know that Saturn has 60 moons?
Enjoy the beauty of one of the best known and most beautiful planet in the Solar System. Saturn is mostly known for its rings and numerous moons. The easy navigation through the app makes the experience of surfing the Space really breathtaking and unforgettable.
IMPORTANT: This free demo shows the Saturnian system of moons and rings. Full access to all solar system objects is available through In-App purchase.
Remember building a solar system in high school? Cups and papier-mache balls are in the past, because Solar Walk is an interactive orrery that shows all planets and satellites of the solar system in their correct positions in real time.
This 3D solar system model lets you navigate between planets, see their positions on a specific date, explore how they move and why. You will see the entire Milky Way galaxy from a far and zoom in to study all the planets and satellites in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structures, history of their exploration, and geography.
Every planet has extensive information: size, mass, orbital velocity, exploratory missions, thickness of structural layers, and composition of atmosphere.
“Can’t-miss app.” - Mashable
“Solar Walk serves up a visually impressive 3D model of our solar system. Set against a haunting, atmospheric soundscape, the app shows planets and satellites in their correct positions, and offers mini movies, facts and other related tidbits.” - TNW
“This jaw-dropping app provides a wholly interactive 3D model of our solar system, one that’s had me hooked for days. It’s the kind of thing you can imagine a science teacher using in the classroom of the future — except that we don’t have to wait.” - CNet
“Zoom from Mercury to Pluto (which makes the cut in this app), passing each planet’s moons along the way. Because Solar Walk knows what time it is, the planets are in proper orientation to the Sun: Earth is dark where it is currently night and gradually lightens to daytime on the other side.” - The New York Times
Planets: Sun, Mercury,Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
Moons: Phobos, Deimos, Callisto, Ganymede, Europa, Io, Hyperion, Iapetus, Titan, Rhea, Dione, Tethys, Enceladus, Mimas, Oberon, Titania, Umbriel, Ariel, Miranda, Triton, Larissa, Proteus, Nereid, Charon
Dwarf planets and asteroids: Ceres, Makemake, Haumea, Sedna, Eris, Eros
Comets: Hale-Bopp, Borrelly, Halley’s Comet, Ikeya-Zhang
Missions and satellites*: Curiosity, Luna 17, Apollo 11, Apollo 17, Hubble Launch, SEASAT, ERBS, ISS, Aqua, Envisat, Suzaku, Daichi, CORONAS-Photon
Educational movies*: size comparison, Earth’s cycles, solar eclipse, moon phases, tidal phenomena, major circles of latitude, zodiacal constellations, Cassini-Huygens mission
*Available through In-App Purchase
New: Free Without Ads !!!
- Android version of http://www.solarsystemscope.com/
- Requires at least 50 MB of free space on card to open correctly
- Languages available: english, spanish, german, russian, italian, korean, slovak
- Heliocentric view with real-time positions of planets and planetary orbits
- Schematic and realistic sizes of the planets and distances between them
- Movement of the planets in time to see how they move in relation to each other - Virtual Orrery
- Planetary exploration with info texts, images and additional views such as structure
- Moons (Galilean moons, Deimos & Phobos, Titan and 15 others)
- Dwarf planets (Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake. Eris) and their orbits
- Comets (Siding Spring, Lovejoy 2013, Lovejoy 2011, Panstarrs, ISON, Halley, 67P, 209P) - positions and trajectories
- Spacecraft Rosetta and its journey to comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko
- Stars and constellation of the night sky as viewed from a given location - Virtual Observatory
- Interactive night sky: point the device at the sky to see all objects in their proper place
- Changes in the night sky during night, month and year
- Advanced searching of the objects
- Ecliptic line, grid lines and more
Discover stunning images and videos of space, stars and planets -- including Earth and the sun! -- at your fingertips with the Space Images app from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a leader in robotic exploration of the solar system.
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
- A new star is born in our galaxy every 18 days
- There are more stars than all of the grains of sand on earth
- Saturn is the only planet in the solar system less dense than water
- The Virgo Cluster is 50 million light years away and is made up of 1000 galaxies
- Every year, the Moon is moving away from Earth by 3.8 centimeters
With "Amazing Universe Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange and funny facts and trivia about the space, stars, planets, etc.
* Hundreds of amazing facts about space and astronomy
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Is that bright object in the sky a star or a planet? The 3D view of the sky make it easy to identify planets and constellations. Learn what the sky looks like at frequencies outside of the visible spectrum. Spin the Earth or the planet of your choice with one finger.
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Star Walk 2 is an exquisite stargazing tool that combines astronomical data with premium technology to deliver an effortless journey through thousands of stars, comets, and constellations. All you have to do is point your device at the sky.
NEW IN STAR WALK 2
All-new stunning design:
- New simpler and cleaner interface in vibrant colors for retina displays
- Atmospheric visual and sound effects, stirring soundtrack
- Exclusive handcrafted artwork for constellations, inspired by minimalist low-poly art
Incredible 3D models of celestial bodies*:
- Planetary nebulae
- Dwarf planets, comets, and asteroids
- Man-made satellites
- Layer by layer planets and missions
*Available through In-App Purchase. Constellations are available for free for limited time.
DISCOVER NEW DEPTHS
Star Walk 2 is the first astronomy guide to introduce plausible three-dimensional models of planetary nebulae. Star groupings of the 88 officially recognized constellations are also presented in volume. You can see them as separate entities, turn them around and take a look from the other side. Complemented by articles on connected myths and history, this is the most comprehensive collection of information on constellations.*
REAL-TIME MOTION TRACKING
As you hold your phone up and point it towards the sky, Star Walk 2 follows your motions using the built-in digital compas to match the map on your screen to the stars seen from your location. Easily find any star, constellation, or satellite in the sky by tapping Search. Star Walk will indicate the direction to look in.
NEW POINT OF VIEW
Unlike on a plain photograph, every star in Star Walk 2 has coordinates. That means you can look at objects, for instance, a constellation from any vantage point in space, not to mention the ultimate accuracy of your map for your exact location.
NOW AND LATER
Star Walk 2 gives you accurate daily data on current moon phase, time of sunset and sunrise, and elevation of planets. With just one slide you can see how the sky will look later tonight or throughout the year.
Special night-time soft red mode will help you preserve night vision when stargazing with a telescope. You can see the sky in X-Ray (and 5 more filters) to study the invisible structure of the universe. Live tracking for over 8,000 satellites will help you catch iridium flares, and detailed articles will satisfy the most curious inquirer.
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
“She’s a beauty.”
The Next Web
“Star Walk 2 is a terrific introduction to astronomy for young and old. It’s also handy for serious stargazers for observing planning.”
“For those who enjoy the original app, Star Walk 2 is worth the upgrade — the interface is gorgeous. Anyone with even a passing interest in astronomy should grab Star Walk 2.”
“It is worth every penny.”
★ Position (azimuthal and elevation angle)
★ Distance to earth
★ Rise and set
★ Moon phase
Graphical displays of
★ Current lunar phase
★ Objects now above the horizon
★ Solar system (Current position of planets and other objects)
★ Moons of Jupiter (Current positions as seen from earth)
★ Moons of Saturn (Current positions as seen from earth)
★ Moons of Uranus
Graphical Widgets for Android's home screen
★ Current lunar phase
★ Objects now above the horizon
★ Solar system (Current position of planets and other objects)
Get this astronomy app now!
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ No ads & full main menu.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
Application use very precise algorithms to calculate it at any place on Earth at any date.
Position is could be easy selected by using maps or GPS/network systems.