A fun audio companion for your Ojibwe textbooks! Just look, tap, and listen!
Audio available for:
Gii-TAGOSHINOWAAD MAYAGI-WAAGOSHAG - White Foxes
Jiimaan - A Memory of Maude Kegg
The Ojibwe Media Player is a companion to GRASSROOTS INDIGENOUS MULTIMEDIA series of textbooks and pictures' books. Just point your phone at the page and tap to hear native speakers pronounce the words. The audio guide section gives you complete access to the textbook vocabulary with an easy tap and swipe interface.
-Each book has the full-text audio so you can read along.
-Two Ojibwe books included (and more to come!)
-Augmented reality (AR) places audio players right on the page in every unit!
-Audio guide reveals the English with a tap.
The Ojibwe Media Player is easy to use. You’ll start out in Books, where you can select and download the content for your books. The Camera mode lets you use your phone’s camera to put audio content right on the page. The Audio Guide mode has the spellings, images, English translations and audio, all in one easy tap and swipe interface.
- Tap the image of the book’s cover to select and again to enter Camera mode.
- Select a book and tap Audio Guide to go directly to the Audio Guide.
- New books will automatically pop up in the books list when they become available. Tap download to receive the content for your book.
- Occasionally, new content will be added to existing books. Just tap Update Now when it appears below one of your books.
- Tap the Camera to enter Camera mode
- Look at the page through your phone or tablet's camera.
- Looking at the first page of each unit will set the current section, or you can select it from the list by tapping List.
- Explore the page and play buttons will pop up right on the page!
- Tap the buttons to hear the words.
*Image recognition performance may vary depending on the device. Try the Audio Guide if you are having trouble getting all the play buttons to appear.
Audio Guide Mode
- Tap Audio Guide to enter Audio Guide mode.
- Select the section of the book from the list.
- Tap anywhere on the entry to hear the audio.
- Swipe down to scroll through the content for that section.
- If you aren’t sure from the image, tap Show English to make the English translation appear.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons to go to the next section, or go back to the list by tapping the Audio Guide or List.