This state-of-the-art facility was named the No. 1 aquarium in the 2012 Readers’ Choice Travel Awards from 10Best.com; the Best Rainy Day Outing in 2006 in Cincinnati Family Magazine; and the Best Aquarium in the Midwest in the Zagat Survey’s U.S. Family Travel Guide in 2004.
Newport Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (link to AZA.org) which sets the rigorous professional standards for animal welfare, veterinary care, wildlife conservation, research, education, staffing and safety.
The Aquarium is owned by Herschend Family Entertainment Corp. a privately held company devoted to bringing families closer together and creating memories worth repeating.
The Aquarium is open to the public 365 days a year. It is located only two minutes from downtown Cincinnati at Newport on the Levee.
Our FREE app has mountains of information: Learn about special events and festivals, attractions and outdoor adventure, our unique restaurants, places to stay, maps and much more!
-Search hotels, restaurants, attractions and events based on your location
-Locate places of interest with the "Map it" feature
-Share information via Social Media
-Feature sections on Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts Loop.
Gatlinburg is nestled at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in America. Gatlinburg attracts more than eleven million visitors a year and can grow to a population of 40,000-plus on any given night. This little town of 3,944 residents is dedicated to welcoming all of its guests with a taste of Appalachian hospitality at its best. Folks come from all over the world for vacations, outdoor adventures, family fun and memory making. Gatlinburg is one of America's great mountain resort destinations, with accommodations of every kind, dozens of local-to-national restaurants, and attractions galore – all nestled in the foothills and surrounded on three sides by the natural beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. Gatlinburg prides itself on its walkability amidst mountain heritage and the arts, crafts and shops that reflect that tradition.
• Learn all about our award-winning exhibits and animals, including their favorite hiding spots and caretaker tips.
• Discover the sights and sounds of the Aquarium through imagery, video and audio.
• “Favorite” all of your must-see animals so you don’t miss them on your visit.
• Never get lost! Navigate the Aquarium with a built-in, interactive map.
• Set reminders for feeding demonstrations, Animal Encounters and other educational activities.
• Watch sharks anytime, anywhere with the Blacktip Reef webcam.
• Share stunning, professional photos of our animals with family and friends.
• Sign up for conservation events like shark tagging, dune restoration and more.