Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
Most options are FREE and donator options are cheaper than simillar app on the store!
Download our new app Auto Exec! Easy Tasker! Stay Alive! donators get 10% rebate on Auto Exec! Easy Tasker.
Keep your screen on when your device is running your GPS application, favorite remote control, playing a movie or slideshow, etc... Perfect to keep your screen on without dimming for application development. Your screen will never go back to sleep until you want it to...
Choose when you want your device to Stay Alive!:
• NEW: On except if one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Only when you have power
• Even if you are running on batteries
• When one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Can be automatically disabled when you connect to your car or desktop docking station
• Prevent or allow Stay Alive! to dim your screen when active
• Protect your battery with minimum battery level auto pause option
• Easily pause Stay Alive! when not needed from the notification zone. No need for a widget!
• NO annoying ADS!
• HOLO light and dark themes!
• NEW Display a black screen to prevent screen lock and save battery on AMOLED screens. Just touch the screen to wake up.
• Auto start on boot
• Hide top bar icon (Android 4.1+)
• Automatically keep screen on when plugged even if configured to stay on for specific apps when unplugged
• Keep screen on even when locked
• Automatically pause SA! with proximity sensor
• Change config colors!
Easy power operation mode changes with the notification icons! It will show you which power mode you are using and allow you to quickly change between modes. You can also quickly activate the Stay Alive for specific application mode!
Stay Alive! will automatically disable itself then you manually turn off your device. It won't keep your screen on if your device wakes up when it receives a notification.
Stay Alive! will not change your display timeout value or brightness settings. It will prevent your device from going to sleep based on your needs.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application.
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
Support Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46379475
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
GET_TASKS - Needed to list applications you want to keep alive.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to disable Stay Alive! if the device is off.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the device Alive!
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Screen Alive, Screen Awake, Galaxy Dim, Brightness, Timeout
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
Devices have a screen timeout that is used to prevent screens from using all your battery while you're not using your device, this is quite useful but often it can interfere with the usability of the device and turn off your screen while you're using it.
Wakey will keep your screen awake when you need it the most, allowing you to have a smooth experience
while using your phone or tablet
The app has several premium features that will make your life even easier
AutoWake is the most popular feature in Wakey, it helps you automate the process
of keeping the screen awake.
You just have to choose which apps should keep your screen awake and enable AutoWake
Let's say you chose the browser app and news reading app, whenever you use those apps, Autowake will enable Wakey and your screen will stay on while using those apps, as soon as you leave the app your screen will restore it's default screen timeout.
ChargeWake will keep your phone awake when it's charging
CpuWake will keep only your CPU awake (not the screen), this is useful when downloading large files or performing
some background work, when you finish the task turn it off or the cpu will stay on and use battery
Other features in the app include, brightness controller, ability to dim the screen while awake (free), theming of the app
and a timer(free).
The premium features can be purchased with in app purchase, you can buy all of them in the premium package (best value + all future features) or purchase them separately if you prefer
Keeping your screen awake can be useful for a lot of things, like:
●Using your phone/tablet as digital photoframe
●Showing photos to your friends and family
●Reading an ebook
●Reading the news
●Browsing the web
●Checking your email
●Following a recipe when you're cooking
●Showing a desk clock
and many more.
Wakey is memory and battery friendly, it will keep the screen awake only when you need it, when you don't need it anymore just tap the bulb, or turn it off from the notification.
You can also enable and disable it from the widget
WARNING!: Wakey might misbehave with task killers or if you swipe it away from the recent apps.
If you experience problems please email me ;)
Keep your screen on with Wakey.
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
With the big widget you can set the timeout to a custom value easy and quick.
You can easily switch the timeout for the screen between 'no timeout' and the previous set value by the small Widget.
If you want to, a notification is shown whether the timeout is disabled or not.
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” - when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
The timeout can be set to any value between 0 and 99m55s with a granularity of 5 seconds. Also, an infinite time can be set (INF).
The user can define four custom timeout presets in order to change the screen timeout with just one touch.
Any Screen Timeout is a very small app and it does not run as a service. It merely changes the desired settings of your device and terminates transparently.
- A slider for Screen Brightness control
- A switch that controls the Screen Brightness Auto Mode
- Info line that shows the current time with seconds, available memory for application and battery charge level + battery temperature.
Any Screen Timeout is user friendly and it does not require any other permissions than the permission to modify the system settings.
This app is also available in a Plus-version (Any Screen Timeout Plus) with the following differences:
- Range from 0 to 999m55s (instead of 0 - 99m55s)
- Auto repeat function for all +/- buttons
- Landscape support
- Stay on while plugged in (Only devices with Android 4.1.1 or lower)
- No ads
- To use Sleepless in APP on Android 5.0 or above, you must go to "Settings -> Security -> Apps with usage access" and enable access of "Sleepless in APP"
- Android 5.0 disabled old method to get top APP, so need to enable this access to make Sleepless in APP work.
Keep screen on for your specific APP. Select an APP, then your device will NOT sleep when you are using this APP.
For example, when you're using Google Map or selected APP, your device will always awake and not auto-sleep.
You can select any of your installed APP, while these APPs are using, the device will always awake until you leave the selected APP or pressing the power button.
For example, while your are using Google Map, it is annoying that device automatically screen off all the time.
Using this APP can prevent the screen from turning off when you are using any of your specified APP!
How it work: This APP will detect the foreground APP you're using, if the foreground APP is the selected APP (Ex: Google Map), this APP will hold a full wake lock to prevent device from suspend. After you leave the foreground (or press power button to sleep), will release the full wake lock.
Keywords: Not screen off, avoid auto suspend, wake lock, prevent screen turn off, avoid device sleep, keep screen on, prevent sleep, prevent screen timeout, avoid screen timeout, prevent sleep, avoid screen turn off
*Screen on when charge option
Not enough options for setting screen off timeout values? With SOFFT you can set any value starting from 1 minute to 9999 minutes.
Yes, nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine options!
Add "Never timeout" option and that will round up to whole 10 000 options!
With "Stay on" while charging option ten thousand+1 options.
• Set individual rules for Apps (e.g. screen always on, app specific timeout ...) similiar to "Screen On" and "KeepScreen"
• Set a position in that the screen will always stay on (via Accelerometer)
• If its dark screen goes out (e.g. if you put your phone into your pocket) (via light sensor)
• Wake up device (the screen automatically turns on when you put your device out of your pocket)
• Screen lock widget (click on it and your screen gets locked) like "screen Off and Lock"
• Set an app specific display brightness
• No Ads!
• Set an individual global screen timout time (e.g. 42 seconds)
• Dock functions: choose if the screen should stay on when you are using a dock (e.g. desk dock)
• Display filter: saves battery life for AMOLED displays and great for eBook reading
• Info HUD: shows always the state of the accelerometer, CPU, light sensor and active app rules
• Backup/Restore your settings
• Set app specific brightness of the display
• Light Sensor
• Extended Notifications and display filter
• Widget designs
• Wake up device
• and much more...
So please support us and the further development of this app by buying the pro version (In-App purchase), Thanks!
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Is used for the backup functionality.
It's easy to handle the screen timeout via app specific rules, the accelerometer position, the light sensor or individual dock settings. You will be always informed about the screen timeout via the system HUD. Lock your screen easily with the screen lock widget.
"... making the app the only place you need to go for adjusting screen timeout." - addictivetips.com
"Manage your screen light, smartly" - androidzoom.com
We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions.
Android Authority Top 10 Best App of 2014
As Featured on CNET, LifeHacker, SlashGear, Android Police, Android Authority, Android Central, Droid Life, Android Community, Android Pit, and more!
"If you are looking for a way to add a few extra voice commands to Google Now, give Commandr a try!" - CNET
"... if you're using your phone hands free in the car, it can be a life saver" - LifeHacker
"With the 3rd-party-developed app Commandr, Google Now gets a boost" - SlashGear
"... meet Commandr, the new in-between service for flipping hardware switches in Google Now" - Android Police
Google Now Just Got Better
Now you can use Google Now to control your flashlight, toggle settings, control music playback, and much more!
Google Now Just Got Personal
Add your own custom commands through Tasker to make sure your device fits your lifestyle.
Listening to You
Vote on new commands or suggest new ones so that we are working on adding the commands you want.
Don't wait for Google! Updates will be quick and support request responses quicker.
Unify Your Smartphone
Access all the features of your device through Google Now so you don't have to remember what app does what.
Setup and Forget
Once you setup Commandr, it will always be accessible from Google Now and will only run when needed. It won't slow down your phone or your boot.
Full Android Wear Support
Either say "Okay Google" + the command to your watch or open up the full Android Wear app and tap on a command!
Commands work fully offline! (have to type instead of speak)
Command List (so far):
- Flashlight On/Off
- Wifi On/Off
- GPS On/Off (some devices)
- Bluetooth On/Off
- Wireless Hotspot On/Off
- Pause/Resume Music
- Previous/Next Song
- Read Unread SMS
- Read Last SMS From Contact
- Play Google Music Playlist
- Chatbot (for Siri-like functionality)
- Cellular Data On/Off
- Read Unread Gmail
- Raise/Lower Volume
- Silence/Unsilence Ringer
- Set Volume to Percentage
- Unlock/Lock phone
- Take a Picture
- Take a Selfie
- Shutdown (Root)
- Reboot Recovery (Root)
- Restart (Root)
- Clear Notifications (Root)
- Wolfram Alpha
- Send Whatsapp message
- Enable/Disable Rotation Lock
- Enable/Disable Sync
- Night mode (Disable wifi, data, and ringer)
- Enable/Disable Airplane Mode (Root)
- Enable/Disable Car Mode
Developer: Ryan Senanayake
Graphic Designer: Adriano Loiacono
Open Source Contributors: Aaron Disibio (firesoul453), Moksh Jawa, flyingtoaster0, Daniel Quah (emansih)
Special thanks to Moksh Jawa for his outstanding work not only in his open-source contributions, but also in his relentless marketing of the product
Source code: https://github.com/RSenApps/Commandr-Android
Do not enable Talkback Accessibility service instead of Commandr. If you do this by accident and notice an orange box around tappable items, please see the Talkback support pages to turn off the service.
Tasker (In-App): Use this for launching a single task
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Navigate to Tasks and press the add button in the bottom-right
3. Configure the command and keep note of the name
4. Ensure that Tasker is enabled (icon in top left is colored)
5. Go to preferences (top-right) > Misc and check "Allow External Access"
6. In the Commandr app click Tasker
7. Find the command you created and enable it by tapping the switch top-right
8. (Optional) edit the phrase that will activate the command
Tasker (Plugin): Use this for launching multiple tasks
1. Install Commandr and Tasker - [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en[/url]
2. Under Profiles Click Add
6. Configure the phrase to listen for
7. Add tasks to profile