Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU LIKE THE APP - WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT WE COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
Most options are FREE and donator options are cheaper than simillar app on the store!
Download our new app Auto Exec! Easy Tasker! Stay Alive! donators get 10% rebate on Auto Exec! Easy Tasker.
Keep your screen on when your device is running your GPS application, favorite remote control, playing a movie or slideshow, etc... Perfect to keep your screen on without dimming for application development. Your screen will never go back to sleep until you want it to...
Choose when you want your device to Stay Alive!:
• NEW: On except if one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Only when you have power
• Even if you are running on batteries
• When one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Can be automatically disabled when you connect to your car or desktop docking station
• Prevent or allow Stay Alive! to dim your screen when active
• Protect your battery with minimum battery level auto pause option
• Easily pause Stay Alive! when not needed from the notification zone. No need for a widget!
• NO annoying ADS!
• HOLO light and dark themes!
• NEW Display a black screen to prevent screen lock and save battery on AMOLED screens. Just touch the screen to wake up.
• Auto start on boot
• Hide top bar icon (Android 4.1+)
• Automatically keep screen on when plugged even if configured to stay on for specific apps when unplugged
• Keep screen on even when locked
• Automatically pause SA! with proximity sensor
• Change config colors!
Easy power operation mode changes with the notification icons! It will show you which power mode you are using and allow you to quickly change between modes. You can also quickly activate the Stay Alive for specific application mode!
Stay Alive! will automatically disable itself then you manually turn off your device. It won't keep your screen on if your device wakes up when it receives a notification.
Stay Alive! will not change your display timeout value or brightness settings. It will prevent your device from going to sleep based on your needs.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application.
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
Support Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46379475
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
GET_TASKS - Needed to list applications you want to keep alive.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to disable Stay Alive! if the device is off.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the device Alive!
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Screen Alive, Screen Awake, Galaxy Dim, Brightness, Timeout
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
Devices have a screen timeout that is used to prevent screens from using all your battery while you're not using your device, this is quite useful but often it can interfere with the usability of the device and turn off your screen while you're using it.
Wakey will keep your screen awake when you need it the most, allowing you to have a smooth experience
while using your phone or tablet
The app has several premium features that will make your life even easier
AutoWake is the most popular feature in Wakey, it helps you automate the process
of keeping the screen awake.
You just have to choose which apps should keep your screen awake and enable AutoWake
Let's say you chose the browser app and news reading app, whenever you use those apps, Autowake will enable Wakey and your screen will stay on while using those apps, as soon as you leave the app your screen will restore it's default screen timeout.
ChargeWake will keep your phone awake when it's charging
CpuWake will keep only your CPU awake (not the screen), this is useful when downloading large files or performing
some background work, when you finish the task turn it off or the cpu will stay on and use battery
Other features in the app include, brightness controller, ability to dim the screen while awake (free), theming of the app
and a timer(free).
The premium features can be purchased with in app purchase, you can buy all of them in the premium package (best value + all future features) or purchase them separately if you prefer
Keeping your screen awake can be useful for a lot of things, like:
●Using your phone/tablet as digital photoframe
●Showing photos to your friends and family
●Reading an ebook
●Reading the news
●Browsing the web
●Checking your email
●Following a recipe when you're cooking
●Showing a desk clock
and many more.
Wakey is memory and battery friendly, it will keep the screen awake only when you need it, when you don't need it anymore just tap the bulb, or turn it off from the notification.
You can also enable and disable it from the widget
WARNING!: Wakey might misbehave with task killers or if you swipe it away from the recent apps.
If you experience problems please email me ;)
Keep your screen on with Wakey.
- To use Sleepless in APP on Android 5.0 or above, you must go to "Settings -> Security -> Apps with usage access" and enable access of "Sleepless in APP"
- Android 5.0 disabled old method to get top APP, so need to enable this access to make Sleepless in APP work.
Keep screen on for your specific APP. Select an APP, then your device will NOT sleep when you are using this APP.
For example, when you're using Google Map or selected APP, your device will always awake and not auto-sleep.
You can select any of your installed APP, while these APPs are using, the device will always awake until you leave the selected APP or pressing the power button.
For example, while your are using Google Map, it is annoying that device automatically screen off all the time.
Using this APP can prevent the screen from turning off when you are using any of your specified APP!
How it work: This APP will detect the foreground APP you're using, if the foreground APP is the selected APP (Ex: Google Map), this APP will hold a full wake lock to prevent device from suspend. After you leave the foreground (or press power button to sleep), will release the full wake lock.
Keywords: Not screen off, avoid auto suspend, wake lock, prevent screen turn off, avoid device sleep, keep screen on, prevent sleep, prevent screen timeout, avoid screen timeout, prevent sleep, avoid screen turn off
★★★ On compatible phones and tablets (see below), SmartLight works right out of the box - no configuration (or editing of lists) required! ★★★
FOR HTC, SONY, SAMSUNG AND MOTOROLA PHONES AND TABLETS, AND FOR GOOGLE NEXUS 4, 5 & 7. (Also supports other models if you have one of the following launchers installed: Apex, Nova, Google Experience, GO Launcher Ex, Next Launcher 3D, Action Launcher, adw Launcher, Launcher Pro, Zeam.) (NOTE: GO Launcher Tab is not supported.)
• With SmartLight, the display backlight stays on as long as you have an app open.
• Once you return to the Home screen or to the Applications menu, the backlight will switch off as usual.
• For maximum effect, we recommend setting the display timeout to the minimum of 15 seconds. (Go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout).
• Autostart on bootup (only if Automatic Backlight was last enabled).
NOTE: When running with adw, GO Launcher Ex or Launcher Pro, the light will not stay on in the Contacts app.
NOTE: SmartLight is fully compatible with WidgetLocker, NoLED and Go SMS Pro. For technical reasons though, the light will not stay on in the configuration windows of these apps.
Problems or suggestions? Please email!
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” - when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
• Open app and toggle checkbox “Keep backlight on” to enable/disable application.
• Select appropriate backlight options.
• Keep your screen backlight switched on permanently.
• Keep your keyboard backlight switched on permanently( only for some phone models!!! ).
Application is free and does not contain an ads.
Application is simple, stable, lightweighted and run on all Android devices. This application wll not be updated with additional functionality, only bugfixes.
*Screen on when charge option
- One click to active the widget and keep the screen on
- One click to deactivate the widget and restore the default screen behavior.
It's as simple as that!
Keep in mind that keeping the screen on drains the battery.
Screebl works based on a simple observation: we generally hold our phones or tablets in roughly the same positions when we're using them. Screebl uses the accelerometer in your mobile device to detect how you're holding your phone, and when your device is within a configurable range, the screen is kept on. Move out of that range, and Screebl releases the lock and the screen is allowed to go off. It sounds simple (and it is), but it works amazingly well!
How does Screebl save power? Well, it's simple. On most phones, the screen is the single largest consumer of battery power. With Screebl running you can reduce the average amount of time that your screen is on by only keeping it on when you're ACTUALLY using your phone. The amount of savings can vary significantly by device and usage patterns, but it is possible for users to see savings of 20% or more. See our web site for more details.
★ "Screebl is ingenious..." -- KnowYourMobile.com
★ "Screebl also helps you extend your battery life..." -- AndroidAuthority.com
★ "Screebl is a far more effective way to utilize our screen timeouts..." -- Android Spin.com
★ "Works out of the box..." -- AndroidTap.com
★ "Screebl offers an intelligent solution to the problem of screen control..." -- AndroidGuys.com
★ "Excellent customization..." -- Phandroid.com
✓ PocketLock locks your phone when you put it into your pocket, unlocks when you take it out
✓ AppExceptions let you turn Screebl off when selected apps are running in the foreground
✓ Locale plug-in and Tasker integration provide automated control and customization of Screebl
✓ Look-and-feel customization lets you make Screebl look the way YOU want
✓ Better detection algorithms
✓ Screen timeout set from Screebl
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to a start Screebl when phone starts up.
INTERNET - Needed to check for new instructional videos and submit debugging information.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the screen on.
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to update system settings related to screen timeouts.
GET_TASKS - Needed to disable Screebl when selected apps are running (AppExclusions).
CHECK_LICENSE - Needed to monetize pirated versions of Screebl.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to check phone state (e.g., in-call, speakerphone on, etc.) to provide in-call behavior (e.g., disable Screebl or lock screen on)
✓ Some phones do NOT deliver sensor events when the screen is off. Examples include some HTC phones, some Sony Xperia phones, and quite a few Motorola phones. PocketLock may not work properly on these phones. See this link for more info: http://www.saltwebsites.com/2012/android-accelerometers-screen-off
✓ PocketLock causes significant battery drain on some phones. The effect of the PocketLock feature varies widely from one phone to another. The longer that you have PocketLock monitor for removal from your pocket, the more power will be used. Most phones see a minor increase in power consumption when using PocketLock (4-8%).
✓ Stillness detection doesn't detect small movements on some devices. A few devices have very coarse-grained accelerometers, and as such movement is not detected well, causing stillness timeouts when the phone is actually being used. I am working on a fix for this that will be in an upcoming release. Most phones are fine.
✓ Screebl doesn't startup when the phone is powered-on. On some phones (HTC in particular) the "fastboot" capability can cause problems with Screebl being started at power-on. I've done my best to fix this, but it still is a problem on some HTC devices. Also, Screebl must NOT be moved to SD storage.