Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
Then, reactivate it with the previously memorized delay.
Click on the widget to toggle between the two modes.
Changing of the screen off delay remains the same :
To get access to the preference screen, double tap on the application icon or the widget within 2 seconds.
For automation, pass "com.k2.set/on" or "com.k2.set/off" in data field (-d parameters for am command for ex.) to change the state.
Access required :
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS
To change the screen timeout (goal of the application !)
This application doesn't require Internet or Telephony access, so keep cool !
Most options are FREE and donator options are cheaper than simillar app on the store!
Download our new app Auto Exec! Easy Tasker! Stay Alive! donators get 10% rebate on Auto Exec! Easy Tasker.
Keep your screen on when your device is running your GPS application, favorite remote control, playing a movie or slideshow, etc... Perfect to keep your screen on without dimming for application development. Your screen will never go back to sleep until you want it to...
Choose when you want your device to Stay Alive!:
• NEW: Full Android 5 (lollipop) support
• On except if one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Only when you have power
• Even if you are running on batteries
• When one of the applications you selected is in foreground
• Can be automatically disabled when you connect to your car or desktop docking station
• Prevent or allow Stay Alive! to dim your screen when active
• Protect your battery with minimum battery level auto pause option
• Easily pause Stay Alive! when not needed from the notification zone. No need for a widget!
• NO annoying ADS!
• HOLO light and dark themes!
• NEW: Black screen floating clock
• Display a black screen to prevent screen lock and save battery on AMOLED screens. Just touch the screen to wake up.
• Auto start on boot
• Hide top bar icon (Android 4.1+)
• Automatically keep screen on when plugged even if configured to stay on for specific apps when unplugged
• Keep screen on even when locked
• Automatically pause SA! with proximity sensor
• Change config colors!
Easy power operation mode changes with the notification icons! It will show you which power mode you are using and allow you to quickly change between modes. You can also quickly activate the Stay Alive for specific application mode!
Stay Alive! will automatically disable itself then you manually turn off your device. It won't keep your screen on if your device wakes up when it receives a notification.
Stay Alive! will not change your display timeout value or brightness settings. It will prevent your device from going to sleep based on your needs.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application.
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
Support Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46379475
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
GET_TASKS - Needed to list applications you want to keep alive.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to disable Stay Alive! if the device is off.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the device Alive!
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Screen Alive, Screen Awake, Galaxy Dim, Brightness, Timeout
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
• Set individual rules for Apps (e.g. screen always on, app specific timeout ...) similiar to "Screen On" and "KeepScreen"
• Set a position in that the screen will always stay on (via Accelerometer)
• If its dark screen goes out (e.g. if you put your phone into your pocket) (via light sensor)
• Wake up device (the screen automatically turns on when you put your device out of your pocket)
• Screen lock widget (click on it and your screen gets locked) like "screen Off and Lock"
• Set an app specific display brightness
• No Ads!
• Set an individual global screen timout time (e.g. 42 seconds)
• Dock functions: choose if the screen should stay on when you are using a dock (e.g. desk dock)
• Display filter: saves battery life for AMOLED displays and great for eBook reading
• Info HUD: shows always the state of the accelerometer, CPU, light sensor and active app rules
• Backup/Restore your settings
• Set app specific brightness of the display
• Light Sensor
• Extended Notifications and display filter
• Widget designs
• Wake up device
• and much more...
So please support us and the further development of this app by buying the pro version (In-App purchase), Thanks!
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Is used for the backup functionality.
It's easy to handle the screen timeout via app specific rules, the accelerometer position, the light sensor or individual dock settings. You will be always informed about the screen timeout via the system HUD. Lock your screen easily with the screen lock widget.
"... making the app the only place you need to go for adjusting screen timeout." - addictivetips.com
"Manage your screen light, smartly" - androidzoom.com
We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions.
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
With the big widget you can set the timeout to a custom value easy and quick.
You can easily switch the timeout for the screen between 'no timeout' and the previous set value by the small Widget.
If you want to, a notification is shown whether the timeout is disabled or not.
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” - when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
The timeout can be set to any value between 0 and 99m55s with a granularity of 5 seconds. Also, an infinite time can be set (INF).
The user can define four custom timeout presets in order to change the screen timeout with just one touch.
Any Screen Timeout is a very small app and it does not run as a service. It merely changes the desired settings of your device and terminates transparently.
- A slider for Screen Brightness control
- A switch that controls the Screen Brightness Auto Mode
- Info line that shows the current time with seconds, available memory for application and battery charge level + battery temperature.
Any Screen Timeout is user friendly and it does not require any other permissions than the permission to modify the system settings.
This app is also available in a Plus-version (Any Screen Timeout Plus) with the following differences:
- Range from 0 to 999m55s (instead of 0 - 99m55s)
- Auto repeat function for all +/- buttons
- Landscape support
- Stay on while plugged in (Only devices with Android 4.1.1 or lower)
- No ads
- One click to active the widget and keep the screen on
- One click to deactivate the widget and restore the default screen behavior.
It's as simple as that!
Keep in mind that keeping the screen on drains the battery.
- To use Sleepless in APP on Android 5.0 or above, you must go to "Settings -> Security -> Apps with usage access" and enable access of "Sleepless in APP"
- Android 5.0 disabled old method to get top APP, so need to enable this access to make Sleepless in APP work.
- Several phones from LG and Samsung above Android 5.0 doesn't support the Setting page "Apps with usage access", so these phones are not supported. It needs manufactures of these phones to upgrade system and support the setting page.
Keep screen on for your specific APP. Select an APP, then your device will NOT sleep when you are using this APP.
For example, when you're using Google Map or selected APP, your device will always awake and not auto-sleep.
You can select any of your installed APP, while these APPs are using, the device will always awake until you leave the selected APP or pressing the power button.
For example, while your are using Google Map, it is annoying that device automatically screen off all the time.
Using this APP can prevent the screen from turning off when you are using any of your specified APP!
How it work: This APP will detect the foreground APP you're using, if the foreground APP is the selected APP (Ex: Google Map), this APP will hold a full wake lock to prevent device from suspend. After you leave the foreground (or press power button to sleep), will release the full wake lock.
Keywords: Not screen off, avoid auto suspend, wake lock, prevent screen turn off, avoid device sleep, keep screen on, prevent sleep, prevent screen timeout, avoid screen timeout, prevent sleep, avoid screen turn off
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
These useful options can be used to dim the screen or keep screen with your desired screen brightness. Allowing it to dim would enable you to reduce the screen backlight but restore to full with a simple touch.
Supports Landscape mode and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
1. Stop from Notification bar:
You can stop by clicking the "Stop" button in the notification, no more opening the app.
2. Always show Notification:
This option will always show the notification and allows you to START and STOP without opening the app. It currently picks up the last used option or the first option.
3. Start on Boot:
Selecting this option will automatically launch this app and apply the affect without even starting the app.
4. Start on USB:
This option will auto launch the selected option and disable immediately after disconnecting the device from USB. This is very helpful, especially for the developers.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.Keep on your screen
As usual, NO ADS!!!
Google Now, Everywhere.
With Open Mic+ for Google Now, access all the commands from anywhere on your phone, while driving, or while away from your phone! Simply say "Okay Google", wave your hand, or shake your phone. Screen on, screen off Google Now will be ready to listen.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Google Now becomes more conversational as after a search just say Okay Google to start a new one. And even better get the answers to your questions while your hands are tied, or when you're on the couch, or in the car.
TOMORROW'S FEATURES TODAY
Everybody's talking about the new Touchless Controls features for the Moto X, but now any phone that is running Jelly Bean or higher can have the same experience.
Open Mic+ will run in the background and can be configured to start at boot so that it truly becomes part of the phone.
Truly automate your device by combining the endless command list of Tasker with the ease of access of Open Mic!
CHANGE YOUR HOT PHRASE
With Open Mic+ you aren’t limited to “Okay Google”. Live out your sci-fi fantasies, support your favorite team, and just feel awesome with complete control over your phone.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN THE DONATE VERSION
Hi, my name is Ryan Senanayake and I'm a Junior still in high school. As the amount of time I have spent on this project grows to more than 1000 hours, I need to better justify the time I spend on development. The Free version will in no way be hobbled and will continue to receive bug fixes + performance/battery improvements, but from now on, new features will be added to the Donate version. It will only cost $2 and if you are not able to spend this, by simply sharing to two social media sites, you can receive a free donate version.
Open Mic+ is in active development, a low market review doesn’t help! Please press the support button in-app.
Developer: Ryan Senanayake
Design/Graphics Assistance: Adriano Loiacono
Translators: Paulo Calvo (Legacy Spanish), David Margolin (Legacy Spanish), Christian Meyer (German), Chiko Del Maiz (French), Y. Demers (French), ASHURiCAN iDe (French), Ján Kučera (Slovak), Billy Zhu (Chinese), John Larsson (Swedish), Mohamed H. (Arabic), Adriano Loiacono (Italian), Arthur Tretuhin (Russian), Julijan Nikolic (Serbian), Mehmet Can Ekinci (Turkish), Gert-Jan Anema (Dutch), Maxim van Loo (Dutch), Soedhier Bansidhar (Dutch), Jorim Tielemans (Dutch), and Jaakko Salminen (Finnish)
Works great while reading articles in web browsers, email, or any app you specify. You'll no longer need to worry about touching the screen to prevent the screen from sleeping, dimming or timing out.
If you have any issues or have a feature suggestion please email:
androidtouchdev [at] gmail.com