TalkTablet LITE (demo version) has the following limitations.
1. Buttons changes are not saved for subsequent sessions
2. Speaks a maximum of 15 times. Restart to speak again.
Demo Version now includes speech output
TalkTablet LITE® is a fully-featured symbol/text communication solution for people who have difficulty communicating as a result of autism, aphasia, Down Syndrome, stroke, laryngectomy or any other condition that affects a persons ability to communicate effectively.
If you need the speech/voice output version, choose "TalkTablet - Speech/AAC".
** TalkTablet is the only fully featured AAC speech solution that is compatible with Apple iOS, Android and Kindle handheld and tablet devices. **
TalkTablet is developed by Gus Communication Devices, a leader in speech software for over 21 years. First released in 2012, TalkTablet has become the premier, reasonably priced, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution for children and adults with autism, aphasia, Rett Syndrome, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Simplicity by Design
• Select buttons that contain predefined words or phrases
• Add random text to phrases using the embedded on-screen keyboard
Choose one of the included vocabularies and start communicating today!
• TalkTablet includes NINE (9) SLP designed starter vocabularies that offer 16 to 48 buttons/page.
OR create a new vocabulary of your own design
Expand your pages along with the user's progression
• Each grid size (buttons/page) can be increased or decreased at any time to suit your needs
• Transition to literacy with word prediction
EASY, EASY customization
• Add buttons, pages, or new vocabularies in a flash. The most intuitive AAC app available today.
• Choose from over 11,000 included SymbolStix™ symbols, or take photos with the camera, use photos from your album, or add Google images to your buttons
• Create unlimited user vocabularies from a single app
• Change color, font, borders, backgrounds and more on each button or page
• Buttons can be made invisible, dimmed or normal
• Move buttons by simply pressing, holding and dragging to new location
• Copy and paste buttons between page or user vocabularies
• Prevent unwanted editing by enabling a password to the editing area
• Prevent unwanted repeated tapping of buttons with the “Tap Delay” feature
* Share buttons, pages or entire vocabularies WIRELESSLY with other TalkTablet users.
• Built-in backup and restore feature to safeguard your pages, including our free offsite backup service
• Compatible with handheld and tablet devices running Android
• An internet connection is NOT required to use TalkTablet. It is a “stand alone” app
• Includes toll free telephone technical support and free updates….for LIFE
• Created by the leader in speech software for over 21 years!!
TalkTablet includes our free Gus Global Sharing Service which allows users to share buttons, pages of buttons or entire user vocabularies with other TalkTablet users anywhere in the world. Requires an internet connection. The LITE (demo) version does not include this feature.
Learn more about TalkTablet and view step-by-step video tutorials at www.TalkTablet.com
More from developer
Tobii Sono Flex has been designed to be easy to operate and easy for SLPs, teachers, parents, caregivers or other communication partners to setup and customize.
--- Version and pricing ---
Tobii Sono Flex is also available in a slightly limited, but fully functioning evaluation version called Tobii Sono Flex Lite.
--- Some of the features of Tobii Sono Flex ---
- Combines core and topic-based vocabulary in a unique and dynamic way
- Provides an easy, and highly motivating, start with over 50 pre-made context vocabularies
- Comes with more than 11,000 SymbolStix® symbols
- Use the camera and photo albums of the iPhone or iPad to create your own symbols
- Comes with 5 US English, high quality Acapela voices; one boy, one girl, two women and one male voice
- Offers a solid structure to build up a large common vocabulary and enables versatile communication
- Great flexibility in tailoring the vocabulary to individual and situational needs
- Develop within Tobii Sono Flex, into other Sono Suite products or even switch hardware platforms
- Tobii Sono Flex is available for Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and on regular PCs and dedicated speech devices running Tobii Communicator.
Read more on www.tobiisonoflex.com or www.tobii.com
--- Read what others say about Sono Flex ---
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! I wonder why it hasn’t been developed before. It is great to have the situational modules at hand so easily. This is just perfect for us to prepare sessions with clients with a minimum of time consumption. It is really nice that you have chosen very interactive and playful contexts that are age independent."
Alycia Berg, MS, CCC-SLP, Boston Children’s Hospital
"I have to say, I really like Sono Flex. I believe that the control that a user has over it is going to be very helpful and prove to be successful over other currently available products where one can just flip through screens without having access to a full communication system that supports interaction.
I really love the Context-based pages. It is great that you include phrases in these as well for quick interactions that are specific to the context-based pages. Glad to see About Me as a context page.
The way you can swap out context-based pages is really brilliant and helps to expand the communication opportunities without increasing the navigation demands."
Judy Lariviere, M.Ed., OTR/L, Communication Specialist, Rett Clinic, Oakland Children’s Hospital
"Looks good. I like the way the vocab is laid out and you can change one bottom bar it’s possibly the fastest way of changing vocab I have seen."
Will Wade, Lead Occupational Therapist at Kent Communication and Assistive Technology Service, Researcher at Oxford Brookes University, Operator of Apps for AAC website
"I love the vocabulary and the mix of core words and situations.
What I like: Layout of pages; no vertical scroll; grammar feature; situations, situations, situations. Editing is very different, but once I got used to it I liked it (I like to see the whole page as a list, that is cool)."
Kate Ahern, M.S.Ed., AT Specialist and Operator of ‘Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs’ Blog