TalkTablet LITE (demo version) has the following limitations.
1. Buttons changes are not saved for subsequent sessions
2. Speaks a maximum of 15 times. Restart to speak again.
Demo Version now includes speech output
TalkTablet LITE® is a fully-featured symbol/text communication solution for people who have difficulty communicating as a result of autism, aphasia, Down Syndrome, stroke, laryngectomy or any other condition that affects a persons ability to communicate effectively.
If you need the speech/voice output version, choose "TalkTablet - Speech/AAC".
** TalkTablet is the only fully featured AAC speech solution that is compatible with Apple iOS, Android and Kindle handheld and tablet devices. **
TalkTablet is developed by Gus Communication Devices, a leader in speech software for over 21 years. First released in 2012, TalkTablet has become the premier, reasonably priced, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution for children and adults with autism, aphasia, Rett Syndrome, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Simplicity by Design
• Select buttons that contain predefined words or phrases
• Add random text to phrases using the embedded on-screen keyboard
Choose one of the included vocabularies and start communicating today!
• TalkTablet includes NINE (9) SLP designed starter vocabularies that offer 16 to 48 buttons/page.
OR create a new vocabulary of your own design
Expand your pages along with the user's progression
• Each grid size (buttons/page) can be increased or decreased at any time to suit your needs
• Transition to literacy with word prediction
EASY, EASY customization
• Add buttons, pages, or new vocabularies in a flash. The most intuitive AAC app available today.
• Choose from over 11,000 included SymbolStix™ symbols, or take photos with the camera, use photos from your album, or add Google images to your buttons
• Create unlimited user vocabularies from a single app
• Change color, font, borders, backgrounds and more on each button or page
• Buttons can be made invisible, dimmed or normal
• Move buttons by simply pressing, holding and dragging to new location
• Copy and paste buttons between page or user vocabularies
• Prevent unwanted editing by enabling a password to the editing area
• Prevent unwanted repeated tapping of buttons with the “Tap Delay” feature
* Share buttons, pages or entire vocabularies WIRELESSLY with other TalkTablet users.
• Built-in backup and restore feature to safeguard your pages, including our free offsite backup service
• Compatible with handheld and tablet devices running Android
• An internet connection is NOT required to use TalkTablet. It is a “stand alone” app
• Includes toll free telephone technical support and free updates….for LIFE
• Created by the leader in speech software for over 21 years!!
TalkTablet includes our free Gus Global Sharing Service which allows users to share buttons, pages of buttons or entire user vocabularies with other TalkTablet users anywhere in the world. Requires an internet connection. The LITE (demo) version does not include this feature.
Learn more about TalkTablet and view step-by-step video tutorials at www.TalkTablet.com
Vox4all® allows multiple adjustable features for each user.
NOTE: This version does not include Spanish language.
This app offers:
- More than 12,000 Widgit Literacy Symbols
- The possibility to change and customize all the grids and cells and to create new ones
- 3 Available languages - English (EN), Portuguese (PT) and Portuguese (BR)
- Incorporated Text to Speech (TTS) (*)
- Voice recording
- Inserting images from files
- Fast reply menu for “Yes/No”
- Touch time configuration
- Integrated user guide
(*) Uses voices installed in your device
education, learning, alternative and augmentative communication (AAC), assistive technology, autism, Widgit Literacy Symbols, voice digitizer, text to speech (TTS), Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, mental disability, intelectual disability, verbal or nonverbal communication, cerebralvascular accident (CVA), deafness, stroke, post-surgery therapy.
Keywords: augmentative and alternative communication; Widgit Literacy Symbols; voice digitizer; autism; Down syndrome; verbal or nonverbal communication; post-surgery therapy
As humans we always express what we need. With expressions one can explain himself/herself in a better way. Children with autism spectrum disorders usually don’t understand how to express themselves in different situations. To address this developmental issue, we has brought an app called What's the Expression - Lite to help child with special needs learn different expressions such as happiness, sadness, anger, and surprise.
*** About WebTeam Corporation ***
WebTeam Corporation (WTC) is a technology-driven company based in Somerset, NJ, working in areas of special education, staff augmentation and customized software development. Founded in 2006, WTC specializes in leveraging the potential of touchscreen technology to improve the lives of children with autism.
WebTeam Corporation has been working closely with top industry experts and service providers, and is constantly on the lookout for breakthrough autism research. The goal of the company is to develop an affordable, holistic, synchronized and consistent education model capable of tapping the latest mobile technology to make the overall experience of learning and development stimulating, enjoyable and effective for special children.
** About ABA **
As we know, the recommendation of 40 hours per week of ABA programming as employed by Lovaas’s study has been cited by many parents as being vital to their child’s success. The National Research Council’s 2001 report (p. 184) summarizes the skills necessary for implementing an effective ABA program as:
“Teachers must be familiar with theory and research concerning best practices for children with autistic spectrum disorders, including methods of applied behavior analysis, naturalistic learning, incidental teaching, assistive technology, socialization, communication, inclusion, adaptation of the environment, language interventions, assessment, and the effective use of data collection systems. Specific problems in generalization and maintenance of behaviors also affect the need for training in methods of teaching children with autistic spectrum disorders. The wide range of IQ scores and verbal skills associated with autistic spectrum disorders, from profound mental retardation and severe language impairments to superior intelligence make the need for training of personnel even greater.”
autism, autism speaks, education, letters, words, what is autism, sentences, ABA, about autism, adhd, applied behavior analysis, Mobile Apps, Games, Mobile Games, Play Apps, apps, special needs, as autism, ASD, asperger, asperger syndrome, assistive technology, autism adults, autism child, autism on, Autism Spectrum, autism teaching, autistic, autistic children, Autism Spectrum Disorder, behavior intervention, children activities, children autism, early intervention autism, games for child, games for children, games for kids, kids games, life skills, Mobile app, social skills training, Special education, Special Needs, teaching skills, technology for education, the autism, the aba, Touch apps, What is ABA, webteam, webteamcorp, signs of autism, autism awareness, autism symptoms, high functioning autism, autism awareness month, low functioning autism, autism apps, apps for autism, best Autism Apps, autism apps for android, apps for autistic children, autism apps for toddler, whats the expression, What's the Expression - Lite
The ultimate literacy support tool.
CapturaTalk for Android™ is the assistive technology solution that makes text accessible in addition to providing literacy support for improving reading and writing skills on Android mobile and tablet devices.
By combining OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and text-to-speech, CapturaTalk provides a range of powerful accessibility tools wherever you are, helping you read, write and access information on the go.
• Take a picture and convert to digital text with OCR
• Type and listen back with text-to-speech
• Read aloud web, PDF and eBooks with text-to-speech
• Apply screen overlay tint to improve you visual experience
• Proof check your text using the confusable words and homonym checker
• Dictate your words and convert to digital text with Voice Recognition
• The transcription feature allows you to convert your audio file into typed text
• Translate typed or OCR'd text into over 20 languages
• Synchronised colour highlighting of words
• Fully integrated dictionary
• Save text as audio files for listening back to at a later date
• Store key words and phrases
• Playback media in full screen
• Input text via Speech Recognition
• Type notes and insert audio tags within the same document
• Convert your audio file or spoken words into typed text (Transcription – BETA)
• Import and export category and phrases lists
• Toggle reading mode from pop-up window or in-browser reading
• CapturaTalk TTS service runs in the background to provide users with TTS function from any app
• Bookmark favourite webpages for easy access
• Easily print from the pop-up context menu from within the type and speak tab
• Compatible with Zipped files and Google Docs
• Customise the look of the display of text and reading highlight
• Change the default language from English to Spanish or German
CapturaTalk for Android is suitable for people of all ages and abilities and is the perfect support tool to benefit anyone requiring reading and writing support, especially those with dyslexia or learning English as a second language.
More from developer
Tobii Sono Flex has been designed to be easy to operate and easy for SLPs, teachers, parents, caregivers or other communication partners to setup and customize.
--- Version and pricing ---
Tobii Sono Flex is also available in a slightly limited, but fully functioning evaluation version called Tobii Sono Flex Lite.
--- Some of the features of Tobii Sono Flex ---
- Combines core and topic-based vocabulary in a unique and dynamic way
- Provides an easy, and highly motivating, start with over 50 pre-made context vocabularies
- Comes with more than 11,000 SymbolStix® symbols
- Use the camera and photo albums of the iPhone or iPad to create your own symbols
- Comes with 5 US English, high quality Acapela voices; one boy, one girl, two women and one male voice
- Offers a solid structure to build up a large common vocabulary and enables versatile communication
- Great flexibility in tailoring the vocabulary to individual and situational needs
- Develop within Tobii Sono Flex, into other Sono Suite products or even switch hardware platforms
- Tobii Sono Flex is available for Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and on regular PCs and dedicated speech devices running Tobii Communicator.
Read more on www.tobiisonoflex.com or www.tobii.com
--- Read what others say about Sono Flex ---
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! I wonder why it hasn’t been developed before. It is great to have the situational modules at hand so easily. This is just perfect for us to prepare sessions with clients with a minimum of time consumption. It is really nice that you have chosen very interactive and playful contexts that are age independent."
Alycia Berg, MS, CCC-SLP, Boston Children’s Hospital
"I have to say, I really like Sono Flex. I believe that the control that a user has over it is going to be very helpful and prove to be successful over other currently available products where one can just flip through screens without having access to a full communication system that supports interaction.
I really love the Context-based pages. It is great that you include phrases in these as well for quick interactions that are specific to the context-based pages. Glad to see About Me as a context page.
The way you can swap out context-based pages is really brilliant and helps to expand the communication opportunities without increasing the navigation demands."
Judy Lariviere, M.Ed., OTR/L, Communication Specialist, Rett Clinic, Oakland Children’s Hospital
"Looks good. I like the way the vocab is laid out and you can change one bottom bar it’s possibly the fastest way of changing vocab I have seen."
Will Wade, Lead Occupational Therapist at Kent Communication and Assistive Technology Service, Researcher at Oxford Brookes University, Operator of Apps for AAC website
"I love the vocabulary and the mix of core words and situations.
What I like: Layout of pages; no vertical scroll; grammar feature; situations, situations, situations. Editing is very different, but once I got used to it I liked it (I like to see the whole page as a list, that is cool)."
Kate Ahern, M.S.Ed., AT Specialist and Operator of ‘Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs’ Blog