For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
- Automatically alerts when auroral activity is high enough
- Current auroral activity based on Kp and history graphs
- Auroral oval map customized for all locations
- NOAA Kp predictions within the next few hours
- 3-day aurora forecast
- Solar wind and IMF data
- Configure when you can be alerted based on sky darkness
- Filter out alerts based on current cloud cover
- Several local K-indices available for the most up-to-date activity
- Moon phase calendar included
When first launching Aurora Alert, it will find your location from GPS or cell networks, and then configure your settings based on the results. Users can then adjust any settings, if they wish. Aurora Alert will then update in the background, as often as you wish, and will alert you to possible aurora sightings when the conditions are favorable. You’ll never miss a chance to see the northern lights again!
Aurora Alert is configured to run as efficiently as possible. Automatic updates will download only 5KB of compressed data per update, which spares users of downloading needless data against their limits. It also runs only when it needs to, and no more, which helps save battery life and frees up for RAM for other apps. Note that since Aurora Alert needs to update in the background, certain task killer apps can prevent it from updating. So if you run any task killers, Aurora Alert will need to be on the ignore list in order to keep updating.
For more screenshots, see the website link below. Your feedback would be appreciated.
The whole APP ist OpenSource and you can find the code on https://github.com/ligi/Solar-Activity-Monitor
Thanks to http://mikrokopter.de for the impulse, http://www.swpc.noaa.gov for the Data and Clemens -Nebukad- Wronski for the Graphics!
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/de/ (Creative Commons / Non Commercial / Share Alike)
Addtitonally to this Licence it is not allowed to use this project in any violent manner! This explicitly includes that lethal Weapon owning "People" and Organisations (e.g. Army & Police) are not allowed to use this Project.
UAS UAV GPS Accuracy Solar Storm MikroKopter MultiRotor MultiKopter Navigation
For all astronomers, this is a great app for real-time information about the Sun. The app is currently more focused on solar flares, but expansions are already underway. No more looking at 10 websites to find all the information.
Some points that the app contains:
* User login including a forum
* Notification of a flare
* Comprehensive charts with automatic update, Touchable
* All sunspots in a list
* Latest report from NOAA
Solar: An exquisitely designed weather app.
No vector polygons, no dew point calibration and it won't remind you to wear a jacket. Just radiant colorscapes and precision forecasting. A modern meteorological tech-cessory for the aesthetically-inspired.
• AD FREE - No clutter
• EXCLUSIVE 24 Hour scrolling forecast feature.
• GPS Weather data based on BestForecast™ by Wunderground.com™ to deliver unrivaled local neighborhood forecasts.
• U.S. current conditions data comes from over 42,000 weather stations across the country.
• International current conditions are collected directly from more than 29,000 weather stations located in countries around the globe.
• Share the current weather conditions like never before
What are you waiting for? The weather has never been cooler.
Optimized for Android 4.0+
Solar storms release particles that can destroy computer circuits.
The intensity of solar storms is expected to peak in 2013.
In 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, shocking telegraph operators, telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.
That was in 1859.
Get daily updates of solar flares
Detailed information about alerts
Worldwide ozone levels
Daily updates of sunspots and solar activities
- Display of current solar disk image by using SDO
- The calculation of sunrise and sunset, the time of onset and end of twilight, astronomical noon, day length, сonsidering position of the observer.
- Display of the current geomagnetic and solar radiation, based on data from SWPC
- Short-term forecasts of geomagnetic storms (1-4 hours), using data from GOES
A convenient widget, that displays basic information without running the application.
Find out about end of the world first :)
Clear Sky Droid interacts with cleardarksky.com to provide clear sky charts that describe astronomical viewing conditions.
Find closest, search by name / location, favorites, and map.
North America only!
keywords: astronomy, telescope, csc, forecast
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
Geomagnetic storms adversely affect the health of humans.
They can cause aches, dizziness, rapid heart rate, and abnormal blood pressure.
People with abnormal conditions of the blood and of the cardiovascular and autonomic nervous systems are particularly susceptible to the influence of geomagnetic storms.
The degree of magnetic storms’ influence on a particular person depends on many factors, including health status, stress, physical and emotional fatigue, natural predisposition.
Not only can geomagnetic storms have a negative impact on humans, but also on communications, navigation, and power.
By taking into account the forecast of geomagnetic storms, you can plan difficult decisions, avoid high physical stress, and protect yourself from negative consequences.
Our application will help you with this.
ABOUT THE NATURE OF THE GEOMAGNETIC STORMS
The Earth's geomagnetic field changes occur under the influence of the Sun. The intensity of the impact is not constant and depends on the ongoing processes on the solar surface.
The strength of geomatic field disturbances is characterized by the value of Kp index. The Kp index can be assigned values from 0 to 9, where 0 is the absence of disturbances and 9 represents extremely strong perturbations of the earth´s geomagnetic field.
Disturbances with a Kp index of 5 and above are called storms.
The number of geomagnetic storms per year can reach 50!
Available in Apple App Store
IN COMING UPDATES OF THE APPLICATION EXPECT
The ability to view history;
* The app uses data of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
The ALERT FM App integrates the critically acclaimed iMap Weather Radio with the reliability of ALERT FM’s state and local citizen notification. Before, during, and after a critical event receive timely localized emergency information- everything from weather alerts to available shelter locations- delivered right to your mobile device.
ALERT FM is used by a rapidly growing number of state and local officials to notify their citizens about emergency situations. The ALERT FM App provides users with weather forecasts, current conditions, radar updated every 5 minutes, and advisories/ watches/ warnings for both your preset and current locations across the United States. Additionally, you can receive information from federal, state and local emergency officials such as storm precautions and evacuations, hazardous chemical spills, major accidents, Amber Alerts, and more.
The ALERT FM App is free to download. The emergency alerting and basic weather functionality is available for free and there is an In-App Purchase option for upgraded weather functionality.
What you get for Free?
*Emergency information sent from federal and state sources for the jurisdiction that you registered for when you downloaded the app- are received on your phone through push notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) and appear under “Text Alerts” in the app.
*Over 100 types of weather advisories, watches, and warnings plus forecasts and radar updated every 5 minutes are available for up to 5 saved locations and your current location using your phone’s GPS.
*Weather advisories, watches, and warnings are available by opening the app and clicking on the badge next to the selected location (push notifications for weather are available for $9.99 - see below).
*A badge indicates you have an active alert. The number next to the badge indicates how many alerts are in effect.
NOTE: Custom Alerts, found under SETTINGS, can only be selected for Push Notifications. This setting allows you to select what advisories, watches, or warnings that you want pushed to your phone. Although the alerts read "disabled" with the free features, you will receive all advisories, watches, and warnings for your saved and current locations as stated above.
Upgrade to a Weather Radio for $9.99 and receive….
*Push Notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) for weather advisories, watches, and warnings.
*Voice Audio- spoken weather forecasts, watches and warnings.
*Map Overlay- additional display layers on the radar map, including warnings/watches, hurricane tracks, and more.
* The $9.99 is a one time purchase
*National Weather Service data and alerting available for the United States only
*Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
The weather RADAR and weather alerts are US-based. ALERT FM does not yet include Canadian RADAR or Canadian- issued weather alerts.
Geomagnetic activity has a significant impact on human well-being (exacerbation of disease, malaise, headache, etc.) as well as some technical devices (GPS satellites etc.).
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity transcription:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
Recent auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.
- Recent Auroral Activity from NOAA POES
- Aurora Forecast from Geophysical Institute
- Push Notification Alerts
- Supporting graphs
- Stunning new layout
Aurora Forecast works with Android running version 2.1 or later and all iOS running version 4.0 software or later.
[What people are saying]
"I really like this app. We live in Alaska and love it. We saw the aurora last night and it was beautiful. Thanks for creating duh a great app!!."
"Luckily we saw a tremendous Aurora display last night in Sweden, where we learned of your App."
" For me it is one of my most useful and handy apps I have."
"All I was waiting for is push notification alerts!! Thank you."
"Great app! ★★★★★ I'm glad I've found this app!"
"Tonight’s northern lights were incredible, thanks to solar explosions"
"I just love it!!!!!
- Please visit us and share your photo and feedbacks.
Web : www.tinacinc.com/AuroraForecast
Twitter : @AuroraForecast
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/AuroraFcst
Email : email@example.com
When you install the widget onto your phone's home screen, a configuration dialog allows you to select what happens when you tap the widget. To change this preference, remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back to the home screen.
Widget icons and labels indicate the following:
- The power of the strongest solar flare in the past 24 hours
- Current sunspot number
- Current 10.7 cm solar flux, in sfu (solar flux units)
- Current 3-hour average planetary Kp index (probability of aurora increases with Kp index)
- Btotal and Bz interplanetary magnetic field in nano-teslas (probability of aurora increases with south-facing Bz)
These values are updated every thirty minutes.
Please email me if you encounter problems, or with suggestions to improve the widget - thanks!