Solar storms release particles that can destroy computer circuits.
The intensity of solar storms is expected to peak in 2013.
In 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, shocking telegraph operators, telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.
That was in 1859.
Get daily updates of solar flares
Detailed information about alerts
Worldwide ozone levels
Daily updates of sunspots and solar activities
# 1 TOP TIDE App on Google Play (titled Tidal Chronoscope)
Available for iPad and iPhone
#2 TOP NEW RANKED Google Play Weather category
TOP 1% of All Paid Apps on iTunes
#1 NEW & NOTEWORTHY iTunes Navigation Sept 2011
Featured WHAT’S HOT iTunes Navigation Sept/Oct/Nov 2011
TOP 10 RANKED iTunes Navigation Oct/Nov 2011
#2 TOP RANKED UK iTunes Navigation Nov 2011
#4 TOP Charts iPad Navigation Catagory
△ Instant depiction and details of present and future tide predictions, lunar and solar positions. Our website provides a list of 9400+ USA and International tide stations covered.
△ Automatically retrieves local tide predictions. Optional manual station selection.
▼ Using Maps, you can add a custom location as a reporting station with your own offsets.
△ Dedicated watch face for the visual depiction of the tide level at the current time, and up to 7 days into the future.
▼ Tidal watch face shows the present tide level and hours to high and low tide, as well as the current moon phase (for predicting neap and spring tides).
△ Dedicated watch face for the visual depiction of the current moon phase and the relative position of the moon in the sky.
▼ Dedicated watch face for the visual depiction of the relative position of the Sun in the sky.
△ Set the up to 7 days into the future to see all relevant predictions for that time.
▼ Information screen for detailed information about tidal and celestial events for up to 7 days in advance.
△ GPS based location tracking for accurate local tidal predictions. Adjustable tracking parameters.
▼ Interactive tide graph
△ Map interface shows all the tide stations in your vicinity.
▼ Favorite tide stations list.
△ Imperial and metric units.
▼ Notifications for solar, lunar and tidal events.
△ Adjustable connectivity setting for cellular data connections.
▼ Luxurious depiction and accruements of a fine Swiss watch including time and date.
△ Makes a great opening screen for your device providing you with instant time, tide, moon and solar movements.
▼ Built-in help for each screen
△ Please remember that this application is Not for Navigational Use.
*** Please check the Station List page on our website (http://www.chronglobal.com/station-list/) to ensure your country and/or your location is covered.
- Display of current solar disk image by using SDO
- The calculation of sunrise and sunset, the time of onset and end of twilight, astronomical noon, day length, сonsidering position of the observer.
- Display of the current geomagnetic and solar radiation, based on data from SWPC
- Short-term forecasts of geomagnetic storms (1-4 hours), using data from GOES
A convenient widget, that displays basic information without running the application.
Find out about end of the world first :)
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
The K-index quantifies disturbances in the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0-9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm. It is derived from the maximum fluctuations of horizontal components observed on a magnetometer during a three-hour interval. The label 'K' comes from the German word 'Kennziffer' meaning 'characteristic digit.' The K-index was introduced by Julius Bartels in 1938.
The official planetary Kp index is derived by calculating a weighted average of K-indices from a network of geomagnetic observatories. Since these observatories do not report their data in real-time, various operations centers around the globe estimate the index based on data available from their local network of observatories.
The whole APP ist OpenSource and you can find the code on https://github.com/ligi/Solar-Activity-Monitor
Thanks to http://mikrokopter.de for the impulse, http://www.swpc.noaa.gov for the Data and Clemens -Nebukad- Wronski for the Graphics!
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/de/ (Creative Commons / Non Commercial / Share Alike)
Addtitonally to this Licence it is not allowed to use this project in any violent manner! This explicitly includes that lethal Weapon owning "People" and Organisations (e.g. Army & Police) are not allowed to use this Project.
UAS UAV GPS Accuracy Solar Storm MikroKopter MultiRotor MultiKopter Navigation
For all astronomers, this is a great app for real-time information about the Sun. The app is currently more focused on solar flares, but expansions are already underway. No more looking at 10 websites to find all the information.
Some points that the app contains:
* User login including a forum
* Notification of a flare
* Comprehensive charts with automatic update, Touchable
* All sunspots in a list
* Latest report from NOAA
All data products (cygnets) in the NASA Space Weather application are user selectable, allowing customized display configurations that include only the cygnets of interest to each user. NASA Space Weather App has a catalog of over 200 unique space weather analysis data cygnets ranging from the solar domain all the way to the earth’s ionosphere. A new History Mode allows users to view and animate historical data for each of the cygnets.
Development of the iSWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis) system and the NASA Space Weather Android App has been a joint activity between the Office of the Chief Engineer at NASA Headquarters and the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate and the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard. The iSWA system is located at NASA Goddard.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center is funded by the Heliophysics Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation.
Get information about our app and updates on our Google+ page:
Special thanks to Microtel LLC for supporting the initial development of this app.
- Current weather, weather forecast.
- Sunrise/sunset, photography golden hour, twilight (dusk/dawn) times.
- Moonrise/moonset times, moon phase.
- Sun & Moon azimuth on rise and set (useful for checking local Manhattanhenge date).
- Choosing current position/city from GPS or manually.
- Homescreen widget
- Iridium flares prediction.
- ISS (International Space Station) pass prediction.
Features in the development:
- Weather history (pressure, temperature)
- Astronomical events (eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions, meteor showers, etc.)
- Aurora borealis forecast & current kp-index (magnetic storm predictor).
- Pressure from barometer sensor (for supported phones).
If you have problems or suggesion, write me: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's going on aruond the Sun and the Earth ?
So, the KSWC finally developed this space weather mobile APP.
It is expected that this APP is a portal site of the space weather, and provides the observation data, forecasting models and SWx monitors in real time.
The KSWC was formally established as such in 2011, and 14th member of ISES(International Space Environment Service).
The KSWC has dreamed of "the safety Korea without space weather disaster" by accurate forecasts and prompt alerts.
- The main features -
1. Space weather now
2. 3-day forecast of space weather
3. forecasting models and observation data
4. Space weather effects(Aviation, satellites, GNSS, Power Grids, Communications)
5. NEWS and announcement of of KSWC
- The KSWC(Korean Space Weather Center) of RRA(Radio Research Agency) -
- E-mail -
More from developer
When you install the widget onto your phone's home screen, a configuration dialog allows you to select what happens when you tap the widget. To change this preference, remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back to the home screen.
Widget icons and labels indicate the following:
- The power of the strongest solar flare in the past 24 hours
- Current sunspot number
- Current 10.7 cm solar flux, in sfu (solar flux units)
- Current 3-hour average planetary Kp index (probability of aurora increases with Kp index)
- Btotal and Bz interplanetary magnetic field in nano-teslas (probability of aurora increases with south-facing Bz)
These values are updated every thirty minutes.
Please email me if you encounter problems, or with suggestions to improve the widget - thanks!