Total Keto Diet is your go-to keto diet app for low carb recipes & keto meals. Discover hundreds of delicious keto recipes, calorie & macro tracker, keto diet articles, shopping lists and more low carb diet goodness with the Total Keto Diet app!
Total Keto Diet is brought to you by Tasteaholics.com, a leading keto diet & low carb recipe resource, with the goal to make your keto diet easier and more achievable.
KETO DIET APP & LOW CARB RECIPE FEATURES:
• Hundreds of Keto Recipes - more low carb recipes added soon.
• Keto Calculator - get on track with your low carb diet using our easy-to-use keto calculator.
• Macro Tracker - track your calories & macros every day - being on a low carb diet is easier than ever!
• Truly Low Carb - our macro tracker includes total or net carbs to make your low carb diet even easier to follow.
• Huge Food Database - hundreds of thousands of foods & tons of low carb recipes available for your keto macro tracker.
• Favorites Section - so you can jump straight to the keto and low carb recipes you need.
• Shopping List – add ingredients from keto recipes or your own ingredients.
• Beginner’s Keto Diet Guide - to help you understand everything about the keto diet and get started with your keto diet immediately.
WHAT IS THE KETO DIET?
The keto diet (also known as a ketogenic diet, low carb diet and LCHF diet) is a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet. Maintaining a low carb diet is great for weight loss. Moreover, according to an increasing number of studies, a low carb diet helps reduce risk factors for diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, and more!
WHY REDUCE CARBS ON A KETO DIET?
We’re beginning to understand that carbs in large quantities are more harmful than previously thought, while most fats are healthy & essential (the basis of a low carb diet).
When you eat lots of carbs, your blood sugar is consistently elevated and, as a result, so is insulin. Insulin is a hormone that keeps your blood sugar in check by shuttling the glucose into cells, but when there’s a consistently high amount of insulin, your cells become resistant.
This insulin resistance makes it easier to store fat, and chronically high levels of insulin also cause excessive inflammation in the body, which contributes to heart disease, high blood pressure and eventually type 2 diabetes.
A keto diet can reverse these harmful effects & restores insulin sensitivity.
THE KETO DIET IS A NUTRITION REVOLUTION!
The nutritional landscape is changing. The keto diet (low carb diet) is growing in acceptance and a nutritional revolution is beginning. We are starting to realize the detrimental effects of our relationship with excess sugar & carbs.
The keto diet focuses on low carb recipes to keep your blood sugar stable, helping your body regain insulin sensitivity and keeping your mood & energy levels stable.
When you’re on a ketogenic diet, you can expect to:
• Lose body fat
• Have consistent energy levels during the day
• Stay satiated after meals longer, with less snacking and overeating
HUNDREDS OF LOW CARB DIET & KETO RECIPES!
Keto recipes make you feel better, live better and eat better. Each low carb recipe is delicious – we know because we only share the ones we love.
We’ve included hundreds of low carb recipes for you to choose from. The main goal of these low carb recipes is to:
• Keep carbs low – under 25g a day, ideally
• Increase your protein intake – aim for at least 60g a day
• Keep you full and satiated from delicious meals
THE BEGINNER'S KETO DIET GUIDE INCLUDES:
• What is the Keto Diet?
• Testing for Ketosis
• The Truth About Fat
• What are Macronutrients?
• Long-term Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
• Day-to-Day Benefits
• Entering Ketosis
• Diabetes and Ketoacidosis
• What is the Keto Flu; why it happens and how to end it
• And more to help you with your keto diet
Low carb keto diet questions or feedback? Visit our help center: https://www.totalketodiet.com/help-center/