Speak! is an app designed to aid the visually impaired and others that require reading assistance.
Speak! is distributed for free world-wide for the benefit of the community.
Supports any Latin based language offline: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Dutch, Danish, Turkish, Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian, Romanian, Czech, Slovak, Vietnamese.
Additional languages are supported online including Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
1. READ TEXT. Takes a photo, extracts the text, presents it and reads it out loud.
2. SCAN TEXT. Continuous text detection. Guides the user how to center the text in case it crosses the frame boundaries.
3. SCAN OBJECT. Continuous object detection.
4. SCAN COLOR. Continuous color detection.
5. SCAN BAR-CODE. Continuous bar-code detection. Can use an on-device database or search for bar-codes online.
6. SCAN MONEY. Identify U.S Dollar bills. Feature enabled in the United States only.
7. IDENTIFY. Identifies products and reads out loud the result.
1. Share text, images or pdf files to speak for reading.
2. Automatically detects language of text
3. Supports huge fonts and different color contrasts for partially sighted
4. Full text extraction or relevant text only
5. Set talking speed and text to speech engine
6. Zoom in and out using pinch gestures