NEW ZEALAND’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to this pristine country. Written by a pro-author it explores key DESTINATIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (250+ points-of-interest/340+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
NEW ZEALAND’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and DESTINATIONS so you can decide where to stay.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers a six different easy-to-follow routes to explore the country. One of the itineraries focuses mainly on HIKING, another on WINE - two of the countries biggest attractions.
There’s much more on these two in the INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, the next section of the app, that’s designed to give you the heads-up based on your interests. If you’re travelling with KIDS or heading to NZ for WINTER SPORTS then you might just dive straight into the app here. Other categories here include ART & CULTURE, BEACHES, CYCLING, HISTORY, LORD OF THE RINGS, NATIONAL PARKS and OUTDOOR ADVENTURE – which covers the many odd ball outdoor activities Kiwi’s specialise in, from bungy jumping through rafting to zorbing.
Finally the app details a few good RESTAURANTS, CAFES & PUBS near many key sights and a good overview of NZ’s budding CRAFT BREWERY scene. There’s also a little on SHOPS & SHOPPING to help you find the best neighbourhoods in NZ’s key cities for souvenir hunting.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Local Info
• Money & Costs
• Information & Maps
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
Meet the key cities & regions:
• North Island:– Auckland & Around; Hawkes Bay & East Coast; Northland & Bay of Islands; Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty; Taranaki, Whanganui & Manawatu; Lake Taupo & the Volcanoes; Waikato & Coromandel; Wellington & Around
• South Island:– Christchurch & Canterbury; Dunedin & Otago; Fiordland, Southland & Stewart Island; Marlborough & Nelson; Queenstown & Southern Lakes; West Coast
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
• Auckland In-A-Day
• Exploring the North
• Glenorchy & Paradise Day Trip
• Dayhikers' South Island Itinerary
• Length of NZ Classic
• North Island Loop
• South Island Loop
• Wine Lovers' Itinerary
• Lord of the Rings Tours
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Art & Culture
• Cycling & Mountain Biking
• Hiking & Walking
• Kids & Families
• Lord of the Rings & Hobbit
• National Parks
• Outdoor Adventure
• Winter Sports
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Breweries, Cideries & Distilleries
• Cafés & Pubs
• Shops & Shopping
• Spectator Sports
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of New Zealand’s Best is available by installing it above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you’re online and only with intermittent ads.
• A single, one-off IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all content (except maps) offline.
• AUTHOR: Born and bred Kiwi, Craig McLachlan is based in Queenstown, NZ. He's been writing guidebooks since the late 1990s for Lonely Planet, has guided many foreign visitors around NZ and is fluent in Japanese.
• ICON: Karl Anderson @Unsplash
• FEATURE GRAPHIC: Samuel Bordo @Unsplash