PROVENCE'S BEST is the ideal travel guide to France’s sun-drenched traveller’s paradise. Written by a pro author it details key DESTINATIONS; outlines several ITINERARIES; and suggests great places to EAT and DRINK. All content (200+ points-of-interest and 400+ pics) is original & independent; no recommendations are ads!
PROVENCE'S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key DESTINATIONS so you can decide where to stay.
Hand-crafted ITINERARIES then offer first-timers a selection of suggestions on how to spend their time; ranging from simple day-trips to extensive multi-day tours of the region.
Or just dive right into the SEE & DO section, which provides backgrounders on ART, CULTURE & HISTORY; makes suggestions for travelling KIDS & FAMILIES; and includes a run-down of the region’s best BEACHES.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT & DRINK to ensure the perfect trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all key towns and regions:
• Near to Provence
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
For every trip-length:
• 24 Hours in Nîmes
• A Boat Trip to the Calanques
• A Perfect Day in St-Rémy
• A Perfect Day in the Luberon
• Côte d'Azur - From Nice to Italy
• Côtes du Rhône Wine Route
• In the Footsteps of Van Gogh
• Old Nice Walking Tour
• Nice City Centre in a Day
APP FEATURE: SEE & DO: SIGHTS/ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Art & Culture
• Kids & Families
• Parks, Gardens & Open Spaces
• Beaches of Provence
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS: EAT/DRINK/SHOP
Recommendations of where to eat & drink:
• Cafés & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of PROVENCE'S BEST is freely available by installing above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you are online and only with intermittent ads.
• An IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all content (except maps) offline.
PAUL SHAWCROSS has penned city guides for Thomas Cook and revised and contributed text for several Michelin Green Guides. He's also authored pieces for in-flight magazines and coffee-table books, along with articles for several leading periodicals including *Living France*, *France Today* and *France Magazine*. While loving France and going back as often as possible, Paul travels widely in Europe and is currently the European editor for travel planning website bindutrips.com.
ICON courtesy of Luis Ascenso@Flickr
FEATURE GRAPHIC courtesy of Miguel Virkkunen Carvalho@Flickr