Upgrade to the full version to experience the entire museum that includes over 60 galleries, 600 highlights, 7 interactive maps and 8 walking tours
Extensive information on all the highlights of British Museum are available in the full version. You can browse galleries from start to finish using the Gallery walk. Enjoy the views for a quick round of the must see highlights.
Top 20, 100 and 200 are also included in the full version so there is no need to buy books or audio guides. If you are planning a trip to the Museum, make sure to carry this app with you and you can make great use of your day.
Summary of features:
• Interactive maps of all floors
• Highlights featuring over 600 objects
• Timeline view of objects from ancient history to stone age
• The Top 20, Top 100 and Top 200 of the must-see highlights
• Excellent replacement for the paid-for audio guide
• Free section on Ancient Egypt
• Upgrade to enjoy the whole museum
Download and enjoy the app!
You can see the high-resolution images and descriptions of approximately 1,000 national treasures and important cultural properties owned by the four museums: Tokyo National Museum, Kyoto National Museum, Nara National Museum, and Kyusyu National Museum. The images of the items can be freely enlarged, and this allows you to fully appreciate every single detail. Some of picture scrolls and scriptures can be seen throughout from the beginning to the end. Additionally, you can quickly call up your favorite scenes or parts after adding to bookmarks.
Please enjoy excellent cultural properties from clay dolls in the Jomon period to modern oil paintings in a new style.
- By freely scrolling, enlarging, and reducing, see the high-solution images of national treasures and important cultural properties owned by the four museums of National Institute for Cultural Heritage.
- Search items by categories or keywords.
-This application and descriptions are available in Japanese, English, French, Simplified Chinese, and Korean. The language will be automatically switched depending on the application settings.
- A part or scene can be registered in Bookmarks and can be recalled later. In addition, the association with a Twitter account allows Bookmarks to be shared with other users.
- When using this application, you will need an Internet connection via 3G or Wi-Fi. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet before using it.
Timeline brings to life the paintings of such masters as Botticelli, Da Vinci, Micheclangelo, Van Gogh, Monet, Courbet, Klimt, and 73 others in an eye-catching and easy to navigate format.
★ App Features
‣ Complete details of the work including the title, year of completion, actual dimensions, creator, current gallery location, etc. paired with a high-resolution digital image.
‣ Brief artist synopsis including date/location of birth/death, completed works, and more.
‣ Slide navigation at bottom of screen allows for quick scanning through years, artists, and their paintings.
‣ Swipe with a touch of the finger to jump from artist to artist.
‣ Supports Portrait and Landscape modes.
‣ Currently details 80 artists.
"Timeline - Art Museum" presents both public domain artworks and works that are protected by copyright. The works protected by copyright are posted on the application in accordance with fair use principles, because:
1. They are historically significant artworks;
2. The images are only being used for informational and educational purposes;
3. The images are readily available on the internet;
4. The images are low resolution copies of the original artworks and are unusable for commercial use;
"Timeline - Art Museum" uses Copyright term based on author's deaths according to Republic of Korea Copyright Law, that is 50 years. In other countries, the duration of copyright term may differ. Artworks protected by copyright are supposed to be used for contemplation. Images of that type of artworks are prohibited for copying, printing, or any kind of reproducing and communicating to public since these activities may be considered copyright infringement.