Toyota Remote Connect, available on select 2018 or newer vehicles, is an advanced vehicle app that enables you to connect and manage your Toyota from any distance+. The app allows you to remotely lock/unlock your doors and start/stop the engine, find your parked vehicle, and set speed /distance alerts for guest drivers. Toyota Remote is optimized for your smartphone but not for tablets.
With the introduction of Wear OS smartwatch support, you can now enjoy these remote features by touch or by voice command from your smartwatch+.
- REMOTE DOOR LOCK & UNLOCK: Not sure if you remembered to lock your vehicle? Now you can remotely lock and unlock your doors and receive confirmation if the action was successful. Should you accidentally unlock your Toyota remotely, the doors will automatically re-lock after 30 seconds if no further action is taken.
- REMOTE ENGINE START & STOP: Whether it's a cold morning or a hot afternoon, this feature lets you remotely start your vehicle to warm or cool the interior based on the last climate-control settings. The engine or hybrid system will run for up to 10 minutes or until any door is opened, the brakes are pressed, or the engine is turned off remotely.++
- PARKED VEHICLE FINDER: Locating your parked vehicle just got easier. Vehicle Finder uses the map on your smartphone to guide you to your vehicle's last known parked location.
- VEHICLE STATUS & ALERTS: With the touch of a button, you can remotely check the status of your vehicle's doors, windows, moonroof, trunk and hood, as well as the vehicle's current fuel level, odometer or trip mileage.
- GUEST DRIVER MONITOR: For added peace of mind Toyota Remote Connect can send instant alerts if your vehicle is started or exceeds preset limits on speed, curfew, miles driven, engine run time, total elapsed time or distance from a set location. Guest Driver profile can be activated from smartphone only.
- Device and App History: This is required as a security measure to display a pin when bringing the app from the foreground, or do send notifications via app or push. If you block this permission, then the app will not function.
- Location: Used to show your phone’s location, relative to your vehicle, in Vehicle Finder. If you block this permission, your location will not show, but the vehicle location will continue to show in Vehicle Finder.
- Phone, Wi-Fi Connection, Device ID, Call Information: In Settings > About, the app will display your OS, device model, carrier, connection type (wi-fi vs cellular) and IP address for support. No call information is retrieved, but this is a common permission to collect device information. None of this data is transmitted to Toyota. If you block this permission, the about page will remain blank, but the app will continue to function.
- Other: this information is required for the app to function and provide feedback to you. If you block these permissions, the app will not function.
+ Your vehicle and smartphone must be able to establish cellular connections. Smartwatch must pair with the smartphone using Bluetooth.
++ PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing a low battery an in app message prompt will be displayed. See your Toyota Dealer or contact Toyota Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-331-4331 for more information.