The Portes du Soleil is 12 French-Swiss village resorts nestling in the northern Alps between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc.
This summer, come and explore no less than 48 signposted trails in the Portes du Soleil mountains – that’s the equivalent of a 400km playground! There are introductory trail running routes of four different levels (from green - less than 8km - to black, which involves sky-running along ridges). And don’t be put off by the altitude change because the routes start at the top of the chairlifts (altitude 1500 meters), guaranteeing you an amazing panorama on your run! Check the route on the app, select the village-resort where you’re starting out, as well as the distance and difficulty level. You can track your progress in real time with GPS en route, check the weather on our live webcams, and even call for help with the rescue function.
Mountain biking in the Portes du Soleil: with more than 600km of mountain bike trails, you will find something to please you!
All pistes and ski lifts in the area are accessible thanks to a single package! And with the Portes du Soleil Summer app, you can not get lost.
Portes du Soleil Summer is also all the information needed to participate in the flagship event of the summer in the Portes du Soleil: the Pass'Portes du Soleil MTB.
THE APP’S ADVANTAGES
• CHECK CONDITIONS: select your route according to where you want to start from, the difficulty level and type. Information is given in real time on track conditions.
• REAL-TIME GPS TRACKER: After choosing your route, save it into your phone and get ready to run! Your route is easy to find thanks to the GPS tracker and the “off-course” alert, which stops you from getting lost. You don’t need a GSM network because the route is saved on your phone.
• DETAILED ROUTE EXPLAINER: you can check directions on the map that’s provided, assess how difficult routes are with the profile checker, get details about your chosen route before you go, locate water and vantage points along the way, and, thanks to the photos, start thinking about the amazing sights you’re about to see...
• FEEDBACK from other runners: after your run, tell us what you thought of the route and the challenges you faced...you can also have a look at what others made of the route too.
HELP IF IT’S NEEDED: use the rescue function to send an SMS or make a call via the app; it’ll automatically send your exact GPS location to rescue teams. You can also share your location with friends and family via SMS.
• The Portes du Soleil summer MULTIPASS offer: For just 2€ per day, you can use the mountain lifts, swimming pools, museums and tennis courts...the app includes information on mountain lifts and summer activities in the Portes du Soleil.
• KEY TRAIL EVENTS: all Trail events in the Portes du Soleil and information on how to get involved.
An account with Trace de Trail gives you additional functionalities and lets you download IGN maps should you want to. There’s no holding back, it’s time to head out and conquer a summit … or ten!