An Official US Navy mobile application, produced by the Navy PMW 240 Program
The Navy’s Domestic Violence Prevention – All Hands (DVP-AH) app, revised for 2017, is a mobile training and resource tool that provides easy access to information and instructions regarding the prevention of domestic violence and child abuse.
The 2017 upgrade features new materials, videos, and creative interfaces to make this required training more intuitive, interactive, and educational. The DVP-AH app is designed to satisfy the following learning objectives:
• Define domestic violence and child abuse
• Identify the types of domestic violence
• Identify some factors associated with becoming an abuser
• Identify the three phases within the cycle of domestic violence
• Identify some tactics used by abusers in domestic violence cases
• Identify some ways domestic violence affects children
• Identify domestic violence reporting options
• Identify characteristics of the two reporting options
• Identify requirement for reporting any suspected child abuse
• Identify some domestic violence and child abuse resources
In addition, the app provides links to key DVP-AH resources, including an “Emergency” contacts section that provides information for services like the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the Military Crisis Line.
The DVP-AH app aggregates information from a variety of sources. Please be aware that some of the information in the app may be out of date or no longer valid. Information will be checked periodically for accuracy; the app will be updated as needed and released via periodic DVP-AH version updates.
Once training is completed, the app allows the user to document completion in their Electronic Training Jacket (ETJ) using their DODID number. This feature supports the Navy’s ongoing efforts to provide Sailors with the “anytime/anywhere” access to information.
PLEASE NOTE: To successfully submit a course completion from an NMCI issued mobile
device, an external e-mail account must be set-up.