Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests contains hundreds of diagnostic test descriptions to help understand and implement critical test procedures. Each entry delivers details on how the test works, how to accurately interpret results, and how to prepare and instruct your patients. With recommendations on pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test care, this mobile resource is the perfect companion for practicing nurses, nursing students, and other health care professionals.
Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests features:
•400+ updated laboratory and diagnostic tests
•Cross-reference links to related tests
•Age-specific, gender-specific, and ethnicity-specific variations
•Subspecialty information such as maternity and nutrition
•9 useful appendices including Potential Nursing Diagnoses, Transfusion Reactions, and more
•Full-color tube top guide
•The latest recommendations for radiation protection
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
•Favorites for ’bookmarking’ important entries
Authors: Anne M. Van Leeuwen, MA, BS, MT (ASCP); Debra J. Poelhuis-Leth, MS, RT (R)(M); Mickey Lynn Bladh, RN, MSN
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
In summary, this application is a reference for nurses and nursing students that utilizes the Nursing Process (ADPIE) for common medical surgical diseases/ disorders in the following ways:
• Gives a brief, simple description of over 340 common medical-surgical diseases and disorders.
• Outlines common assessment findings and potential priority assessments to include in client care.
• Incorporates potential Nursing Diagnoses with related factors for each disease/ disorder.
• Assists with delineating a plan by stating client-centered goals.
• Lists appropriate nursing interventions to implement in a client plan of care for each disease/ disorder.
• States potential complications for the nurse to consistently evaluate and assess for, associated with each disease/ disorder.
• A great resource for clinical application and NCLEX review.
Disclaimer: This reference is not intended to substitute for nursing education, texts, and other resources utilized by institutions and facilities to educate students and/ or facilitate safe client care. Due to the sensitive nature of medical and nursing references, this information may consistently need to be changed, supplemented, and updated to reflect current evidence based practice and medical/ nursing research.
Adaptive capacity decreased: intracranial
Airway clearance, ineffective
Aspiration, risk for
Body image disturbance
Breathing pattern, ineffective
Cardiac output, decreased
Caregiver role strain
Communication, impaired verbal
Coping, ineffective individual
Fluid volume deficit
Fluid volume excess
Gas exchange, impaired
Health maintenance, altered
Ineffective management of therapeutic regimen
Infection, risk for
Nutrition, altered: less than body requirements
Nutrition, altered: more than body requirements
Oral mucous membrane, altered
Physical mobility, impaired
Self care deficit
Sexuality patterns, altered
Skin integrity, impaired: risk for
Sleep pattern disturbance
Urinary elimination, altered patterns of (incontinence)
* US, UK, Indian and Canadian drug database searching
* US FDA adverse drug reaction alerts and drug updates
* Canadian (Health Canada) and Australian (TGA) advisories and recalls
* Various sources for disease pathology
Nursing Info Free is designed to aid healthcare professionals. If you are a healthcare professional and have recommendations to improve this app, please send us an e-mail at SterlingAppDevelopment@gmail.com and let us know what we can do to make it better.
**DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this app is for informational purposes only. Users of this app are responsible for how they choose to utilize this content. This information should not be considered complete, nor should it be relied on in diagnosing or treating a medical condition. Content in this app does not contain information on all drugs, diseases, ailments, physical conditions or their treatment. Sterling App Development does not in any manner endorse, assume responsibility for, or recommend the use of any drug or treatment method described in this app. This app uses Google Analytics to anonymously track usage data within the application.**
Nurse’s Pocket Guide
Preview, Buy, or Sign In from this app.
Preview – View select topics to experience Nursing Pocket Guide’s detailed nursing diagnoses, interventions, and care plan recommendations.
Buy – Purchase Nurse’s Pocket Guide at any time using your Google Play account.
Sign In – Current subscribers can download the entire resource to their Android Device by entering their username and password.
About Nurse’s Pocket Guide:
Make accurate nursing diagnoses and develop effective care plans with this comprehensive app. Each diagnosis listing includes a definition, related factors, defining characteristics, prioritized actions/interventions, NIC/NOC classifications, and documentation guidelines. Or, choose by patient symptom and link directly to associated nursing diagnoses.
Features of Nurse’s Pocket Guide include:
• 440 medical conditions with associated nursing diagnoses
• Updated NANDA-I 2012-2014 diagnoses
• Defining characteristics presented subjectively and objectively
• Actions/Interventions organized by nursing priority
• Care plan guides
• Icons for cultural, collaborative, community/home care, diagnostic studies, pediatric/geriatric/lifespan, and medications
• NIC and NOC labels for each diagnosis
• Universal Index Search to find topics quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Marilynn E. Doenges, APRN, BC; Mary Francis Moorhouse, RN, MSN, CRRN, LNC; Alice C. Murr, BSN, RN
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
If you already have web access to Lippincott Nursing Advisor through your facility, simply download the app and enter your facility credentials as an Institutional user and you’ll have the same access to topics that you currently enjoy.
If you do not have access through your employer, download the free sample entries for Individual users. If you like what you find, you will be able to access thousands of evidence-based, clinical entries via an InApp purchase.
Based on the same content already in use at hospitals across the country and brought to you by the most trusted source in nursing, the Lippincott Nursing Advisor App is an expanding collection of thousands of evidence-based, clinical entries that are updated 4 times per year. For Individual purchasers, it covers:
• Diseases & Conditions
• Diagnostic Tests
• Signs & Symptoms.
In addition to the regularly updated clinical content provided by our team of nurses and subject matter experts, you’ll have the ability to add your own protocols or notes to existing diseases, diagnostic tests, treatments, and signs and symptoms as well as add new ones and highlight those you access frequently in your own customized Favorites section.
Accessing this comprehensive resource has empowered nurses nationwide in making safe clinical decisions about interventions at the bedside. So, stop searching through lengthy textbook articles or voluminous Internet search returns to find relevant information. Aided by a powerful keyword or category search capability, this online clinical reference tool is available 24-7 and is updated quarterly throughout the year by clinical nurses to reflect the most current evidence and practice standards.
Get the right answers, fast, only with the Lippincott Nursing Advisor app!
Your InApp subscription will automatically renew every 12 months, until canceled, for $29.99.
For Institutional access, please contact your hospital administrator, nurse manager, or clinical educator.
This latest edition of the best-selling, comprehensive and authoritative Dictionary of Nursing has been fully updated and revised to take account of recent developments in nursing practice and related fields. Coverage of advances in the field includes general nursing, statistics, common scales and indexes, religion and spirituality, and commonly used abbreviations. The Dictionary provides readers with a comprehensive treatment of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions. In addition to specific nursing terms, there are many entries in the fields of medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice).
With over 10,000 clear and concise entries, written by medical and nursing specialists, this trusted dictionary covers the theory and practice of nursing, and even includes entry-level web links. The text is enhanced by 100 helpful illustrations and tables. This is an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students, recently qualified and practising nurses, and people training and working in related fields such as midwifery and health visiting.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type
• A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
• A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
Including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more about language with the special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with homescreen widget.
This is a fully functional trial!
* More than 56,000 entries
* Written pronunciations for every term
* Prefixes and combining forms set out separately, with their meaning meticolously explained
* FlashCards feature for easy learning of medical terms
* Daily word feature
* Links to connected terms and synonims
* Word genealogy explained in composite terms
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
Useful for Medical,Dental,Nursing & all Para-medical students.
Physicians,Pharma-students,Health-care Professionals & students working in clinical practice can also use.
Free Mnemonic App Features:
-All subjects Mnemonic
-Best quick revision tool
-Best interface easy to use
It's Hand book of Medical Mnemonic.
-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
-Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology
-Behavioral science, ENT, Ophthalmology
-Surgery, Medicine ,Obstetric&gynecology
-Radiology, Dermatology, Orhtopedics
-Cardiology, Physical Examination ,Podiatry
-Pediatrics , Anesthesia
In this digital tech. world if medical subjects are accessible in app form, then it's amazing.
We are helping Medical students by giving important subject information through Digital market.
Who can use this Free Mnemonic app:
-Health care professions
-Students working in clinical practice & dispensary
This app content is only for pocket reference & educational purpose.
*Your suggestions and ideas to create more medical field apps are most wel come.
Kindly rate us to improve and encourage to do more.
Medical dictionary is a hand book more like a Medical dictionary for emergency lookup on disease names to assist individuals and to Physicians. Medical Dictionary is a leading medical word dictionary used by health care professionals today in this modern technology world.
1. Offline – It wok offline, no active internet connection is required;
2. Detailed description of all major medical conditions and diseases:
- risk factors;
- preparing for your appointment;
- tests and diagnosis;
- treatments and drugs;
- lifestyle and home remedies
3. Equipped with quick dynamic search function – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
4. Voice search.
5. Easy way to share with your friends.
6. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark the Disease Terms to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
7. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
The handbook contains a description of diseases such as: cancer, diabetes, flu, back pain, herpes, hiv, ebola.
This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
1) List down all your random duties and doctor's orders!
2) Set reminder for each tasks in seconds!
3) Use your valuable time effectively in providing care!
4) Avoid Medical errors!
5) Be an efficient and competent Nurse!
Hello dear Nurses,
''Nurse's Aid'' is a free android reminder app, which helps nurses and other healthcare professionals to minimize the work load by organizing their duties effectively round the clock.
Six major advantages of this app:
1. It helps to remind random tasks associated with patients.
2. It is very user friendly and we can edit the default tasks on the app.
3. An overview display helps to review all tasks set on the app.
4. Setting reminder is very easy within 5 sec.
5. Its talking alarm feature (in paid version) helps to remind tasks when we are unable to pick the device and see the app ( especially when we are attending some procedure.
6.Very effective tool for effective handover among nurses and avoid medical errors.
''Now hit on the install button and start enjoying your nursing job and bag immense blessings from your clients''
Don't forget to provide your reviews and comments and give us your support by giving a 5 star *****
****For advanced features, please download the pro version of Nurses Aid on googleplay
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is a required companion for students and clinicians who need to diagnose mental, psychological, and psychiatric disorders. This manual creates a common language for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders and includes concise and specific criteria designed to provide objective assessment of psychiatric symptom presentations.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition is the most current, complete, and essential resource for clinical practice available to mental health professionals and clinicians.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is the definitive reference to the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders.
This Drug Index also offers a large dictionary of biomedical drugs, endocrinology and oncology drugs for physicians. It has a large database of prescriptions and over the counter drugs from medical experts and doctors! It also gives drug doses offline and helps with findings drugs for various diseases diagnosis.
Drug information in the app includes:
Salient Features, Indications, Warnings, Contraindications, Precautions, Brand Names, Drug Form, Dosage, Route of Admin and much more.
Ad free. If you like the app, please take a moment and rate us 5 stars in play store. If you face any trouble using the app, please give a chance before rating low. Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Pocket Pill App works offline and internet connection is required only for the first time to register & login.
Stay healthy and Connect with us at,
Disclaimer: This Drug Index App 'Pocket Pill' may not have covered complete information about the drug including it's possible uses or side effects. Do not take any medications or change your diet without consulting your Doctor.
It contains a variety of information and tools with which the nurse works every day.
- Values of blood
- Values of urine
- Techniques and Procedures
- Useful tools for diagnosis
- Guide ECG
- Detailed pictures
- Definitions for students
and ... much more.
The application is constantly updated