MyPaths is built with thousands of pre-selected paths and numerous utilities for constructing your trails, tracking your paths, analyzing your exercises and sharing your paths on MyPaths server and across social networks.
1. Before Action
To prepare an outdoor activity; such as discovering/following a new hiking or cycling track (trail), several questions that are frequently asked. For example, the questions that concerns:
- the feasibility: “Is there a path for walking from North to South of the Corsica?”,
- the distance: “What is the length of the path that I have chosen?”,
- the difficulty: “What is the total elevation/inclination of that path?”,
- the experience: “Is there any body who followed that path and what is his/her experience?”,
- the community: “May I share my idea and invite others to do together the exercise?”.
MyPaths is designed and built to answer to such questions thanks to different utilities:
- Find a pre-selected trails shared on MyPaths server (“Search” utility); e.g. EuroVelo, Semi and Marathon Paris, French grand hiking trails (e.g. GR1 GR10 GR107 GR120 GR121 GR121C GR122 GR124 GR127 GR128 GR13 GR14 GR141 GR142 GR2 GR20 GR21 GR22 GR211 GR212 GR213 GR224 GR23 GR25 GR26 GR3 GR30 GR300 GR32 GR34 GR341 GR35 GR36 GR37 GR38 GR380 GR39 GR4 GR40 GR41 GR42 GR420 GR43 GR430 GR44 GR44A GR44B GR46 GR463 GR48 GR49 GR5 GR50 GR51 GR52 GR53 GR54 GR55 GR56 GR57 GR58 GR59 GR6 GR60 GR61 GR62 GR620 GR63 GR64 GR65 GR651 GR652 GR653 GR653D GR654 GR655 GR66 GR67 GR68 GR7 GR70 GR700 GR71 GR72 GR73 GR74 GR76 GR77 GR78 GR8 GR86 GR9 GR90 GR91 GR92 GR93 GR94 GR95 GR96 GR97 GR98 GR99 GR2013), voies vertes and lot of trails in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Victoria, Brisbane), Europe, France (Alpes, Corsica, Jura, Loire, Paris, Pyrenees, Volcans Massif Central, Vosges), Spain, Vietnam (fansipan),…
- Create a new trail passing the points of interest of your chosen route (“Path Editor” utility); e.g. trails in USA (Grand Canyon, rocky mountains). User can chose the type of trail to create (walking or cycling) and also the smoothly of your trail.
- Import a KML, GPX trail file from the internet.
- MyPaths help you to calculate the elevation of each point of your trail.
- The “Path Profile” window shows the elevation of each point of your trail and and the distance from the start point to reach this point. Especially, the trail portion that is shown in this window is highlighted in the maps. This utility helps you to have a detailed view of the distance and the difficulty of your future trail.
- The “Path Profile” window also shows how other persons (if any) followed the trail and what are the points to pay your attentions.
2. In Action
During your exercises, MyPaths help you to:
- track your paths using GPS: you can track a new trails or follow a pre-selected trails,
- continue to track your trails of the previous journey,
- have maps access even without internet connection.
3. After Action
After the exercise, MyPaths help you to:
- review your exercises: trajectory, performance,...
- share your exercise on MyPaths server and on social networks.
4. Trail animation on maps
My-Galaxies team understand the need of reviewing in detail all of the portions of the trail that the user prefers to follow. Thus, MyPaths highlights the trail portion that is viewed in the “Profile Window” on the maps.
MyPaths introduces a new User Interface (UI) concept on mobile devices – the transparency. The transparency means that every UI elements are transparent and overlayed on a workspace. The workspace in MyPaths is earth maps with your path.