1.3.0: Amendments 11-27
1.1.1: High Contrast Text
1.1.0: Declaration of Independence
1.0.0: Bill of Rights
Coming: Indexes, Bookmarks, More Documents
This app will always be free.
Please note that I did not write this, but gathered the text, notes, and annotations from a variety of sources, but mostly www.usconstitution.net
(see below). I wanted a handy, self-contained reference to the Constitution.
Navigation thru sections of the constitution or articles of confederation is done using the D-pad or track ball of your device if equipped, or by swiping your finger left or right across the screen.
Pressing the select text menu will temporarily disable gestures (finger swipes). The text selection process is is built into Android -- learn it and you have learned how to use it in this app. Once text is copied onto the clipboard, gestures will not be restored until you share the clipboard contents to email, or Twitter, whatever. Gestures are also restored by returning to the top level menu.
- Searchable US Constitution and Articles of Confederation
- Resizable text
- Ratification Dates of Amendments
- Bios of the signers
- Constitution timeline
- Declaration of Independence
- Articles of Confederation
- Gettysburg address
- Mayflower Compact
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Star-Spangled Banner
- Emancipation Proclamation
- I Have a Dream
Odds & Ends:
- The U.S. Constitution has not been updated since 1992. Any updates made to the app are to improve the functionality of the app, add features, or to remove bugs.
- The app contains a few hyperlinks to some source or reference material on the web, so it will ask for internet access in the permission when you install.
- If you find a bug (and you want it fixed) email the developer using the link on this page, don't just leave a comment (Android secret: Developers do not read their comments).
Have all of your guaranteed rights, in the palm of your hand!
- Full US Constitution
- Several other similar documents: The articles of confederation, the declaration of independence, the english bill of rights, and the magna carta
- Failed amendments
- Ability to quickly jump to wikipedia, google search, or the official page for each item
- Move to SD Card
Additions or corrections readily welcomed. Thanks for the support!
The Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787, by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and ratified by conventions in eleven States. It went into effect on March 4, 1789.
Since the Constitution was adopted, it has been amended twenty-seven times. The first ten of amendments (along with two others that were not ratified at the time) were proposed by Congress on September 25, 1789, and were ratified by the necessary three-fourths of the States on December 15, 1791. These first ten amendments are known as the Bill of Rights.
The Constitution is interpreted, supplemented, and implemented by a large body of constitutional law. The Constitution of the United States was the first constitution of its kind, and has influenced the constitutions of many other nations.
* Full version of the Life Of Buddha in English translation including foreword.
* Fullscreen mode.
* Easy and simple to use layout with page animations.
* Choose from a wide variety of customisable themes.
* Small lightweight size.
* Contains advertisements from www.webdefine.co.uk and other companies
For support of this application please either email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.webdefine.co.uk
It is useful for general knowledge questions, crosswords, school or college work, quizzes, or just for interest. If you can not remember the name of some American Actor born in the 1970s, then Famous People can help you find the name. Or if you need the names of three 18th Century Italian Artists for an assignment, again Famous People will give you a relevant list in seconds.
Sorry for the delay - I was working on another app. I'll fix angle mode state retention soon, wanted to get a quick pass out.
1.1.0 - quick chop at radians (hit menu)