Hosts manager application helping developers willing to modify their /etc/hosts (/system/etc/hosts) file easily.
This could be very useful if you need to test your app on a specific server via its IP.
Apps having root access are critical and their sources should be available.
This app is 100% free and the source code is available on GitHub!
* Best Hosts Editor app on the Play Store
* Blazing fast
* Holo theme
* Android 2.2 and above
* Free and Open Source!
* Support symlinks
* No ads
* Compatible IPv6
1. Enable/disable mappings
2. Backup & restore previous map-sets
3. Clean, easy & modern UI
Kindly report in-case you encounter any bugs or leave your-feature requests in comment, I'll do 'em for sure as this is my very first public-use application.
- Pinger can work in two modes: manual and by schedule;
- Notifies user when host is not available
- Allows save one or more host name or IP addresses
- Detail ping statistic for each host
- Allows ping all saved hosts by one click
This app is not perfectly polished, if you have any complaints, please directly contact me.
Here I must express my special gratitude to Bert Cotton, who helped me to remove the dependencies of busybox as well as UI tweak and async tasking.
AutoHosts is an OpenSource app on GitHub, you can check its source code at:
Thanks for Kelvin Pan, who provides and maintains a reliable hosts for this app.
Hope one day we can have a accessible Internet in China.
* You may need to REBOOT your phone to apply the changes of hosts file.
* The DNS settings may become invalid after each reboot, if this is the case, please fix DNS settings after every reboot.
Ability to add/edit hosts entries.
Ability to enable/disable a group of hosts entry.
Added "Revert to Blank" and "Add hosts Entry" feature. The former will allow you to revert your hosts file to a blank one with one touch, the latter enables the function of add entry into the hosts file.
v1.0.2 Added Fix DNS function. Hit menu to enjoy. This function will automatically set your DNS, no matter you are on 3G or WiFi, to Google DNS and OpenDNS.
v1.0.1 Added Backup/Revert function. Now you the app could automatically backup the original hosts file.
v1.0. Initial Launch
Fully integrated with Root Explorer. When browsing files in Root Explorer, selecting a database file automatically launches this app instead of the database viewer that is built into Root Explorer.
Non-root users can browse and edit databases on the SD card.
Data is displayed in a smooth scrollable grid and records can be filtered on any field value.
To quickly get to regularly accessed databases you can either add them to the bookmarks list or look on the recently accessed tab.
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
App enables you to take photos and import them straight to editor. App has a convenient photo gallery where you can manage all your photos and set favourite as a wallpaper even.
- Trimming photos,
- Resizing photos,
- Rotating photos,
- Adjust brightness / contrast / saturation,
- Adjust sharpness/blur,
- Add pixelate effect,
- Change photo into meme,
- Add border,
- Different photo effects,
- History function (previous - next),
- Capability to save, set as wallpaper, assign to contact your pic!
- Simple image manager,
- Easily share your pic with your friends!
Give it a go for a limited time only!
The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root (superuser) access, and a recent version of busybox installed!
The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)
If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:
- S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
- QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)
You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
- Hummingbird / Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
- Snapdragon / HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/
Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
More info about this application at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468531
Jota+ (i-o-ta plus) is a MAJOR UPDATE of Jota Text Editor.
★New features of Jota+
- Supports multi-file!
- Supports external file systems! (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SkyDrive, etc.)
- Supports root access!
- Modern UI based on ICS!
- Highlight searching words!
(External FS and root access need plugins. If you don't need these featues, Jota+ will simply not connect to these services.)
★Many features successed from Jota Text Editor
- Supports 1 million characters.
- Supports many different encodings and auto detection.
- Search/Replace (supports Regular Expressions)
- Supports the Install-shortcut feature.
- Auto save.
- Show Line numbers.
- Show Tab/Linebreak marks.
- Customizable Toolbar.
- Customizable syntax highlghting.
- Supports devices with physical keyboards.
- Support BlueTooth Keyboards. (Android 3.0 or later)
- Supports Android 2.2 or later. (Recommnded high-tier device)
- Safe app without any ads and any evil permission requests.
- And other good things from Jota Text Editor!
★FREE for evaluation. Some features are locked in the trial version:
Supports at most 2 files opened simultaneously.
Cannot use external file systems and root access.
Cannot set background images.
Cannot use backup/restore preferences.
The PRO-KEY app is now on sale!
★For donors of Jota Text Editor (with Google Play Store).
You guys do not need to wait the PRO-KEY. All new features are unlocked for you.
Thanks for your donation. Please feedback!
▼Jota+ doesn't support Right-to-Left languages, too.
I prohibit the distribution of Jota+ on places other than Google Play.
If you downloaded this app from any other place, it may be a malware.
▼I don't reply to anything on Review Comments.
If you have troubles or suggestions, send me an email.
I may not reply to all requests. But I'll read all messages. Thanks.
▼To avoid losing your work while editing files, don't check "Auto Update".
- Jota+ can't hide Action Bar and Tab Bar on the top of the screen.
It's featured. Sorry.
▼If you can't activate the PRO-KEY, try the following.
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet and logged into Google.
Confirm that PRO-KEY is installed in System Settings.
Click Menu - Preferences - Activate PRO-KEY.
reboot the device and start Jota+.
uninstall and re-install Jota+ or PRO-KEY.
- If you're donor of Jota Text Editor, install the original Jota
and click Menu - Preferences - MISC - Activate Jota+ option.
- If you have troubles with the activation, please send an email to the developer.
(c) 2012-2013, Aquamarine Networks.
This app is also available in ROM Toolbox. ROM Toolbox adds a bunch of other features as well. Check it out on the market!
Build properties control how your system runs. You can change your LCD density, decrease your call ring delay, save battery by increasing your wifi scan interval and more.
For common build.prop tweaks slide the screen to the right or click the home icon in the action bar.
To learn more about a build property click on the icon next to the name. If there is no information for the given build property a question mark will be displayed instead of an information symbol.
Remember to keep a backup of your current build.prop. Changing build properties can potentially harm or soft brick your device.
Root and busybox are required for this app to work correctly
Not only you can capture and edit photos on your phone, you can also share your editing skills with your friends and the rest of the world by sharing your photo on Facebook. Happy Photography! Enjoy photo capturing and editing.
Keywords: Photography, editor, mirror, color effects.
- Interactively designed user interface
- Support for English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, Italian, Russian and Turkish languages
- Edit a photo either by capturing it from your phone’s camera or selecting it from your photo gallery.
- Luminous Camera flash on photo capture
- Addition of color effects to your photo like sepia, grayscale, color inversion, filtering, color depth adjustment, color boost, saturation, mean removal, sharpening, Gaussian blur, tinting, noise, snow, hue etc.
- Addition of translation effects to your photo like rotation, cropping, rounded corners, watermarking, highlighting, reflection etc.
- Addition of HDR effects like smoothing, embossing, engraving to your photo.
- Sharing photo on Facebook or saving it on your memory card for future reference.
- Saving or reverting to previous version of photo.
- Improved user interface
- Improved photo capturing functionality
- Addition of photo selection functionality
- Fixing of bugs and crashes
HOW TO USE:
- Use the buttons on the top of the editing screen to capture or select a photo from gallery.
- Use the side buttons on the photo editing screen to preview any effect or modification you select on your photo. Click “Apply” to make changes persistent or “Revert” to switch to previous photo version.
- Click share to upload your modified photo on Facebook. Click Save if you want it saved on your memory card for future reference.
This application is an ad-supported app, which enables us to earn and keep developing good applications for you. If you have any queries or complaints, contact us directly instead of leaving a bad rating.
Thank you for choosing our application. We hope you have great experience with it.
More from developer
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file and now backup and restore hosts files. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
The Gold (paid) version has the same feature set as the free version. This is a way to donate back.
The backup files are stored in XMl format defined as follows:
** Searching may be slow **
This is because it needs to make a query against www.metacritic.com and then parse the search result. The search results are retrieved quicker on a faster network (4G LTE is great!). The XML parser speed is improved by a faster processor.
** If app crashes please report it so I can address it. **
Searches can also be initialized by typing in keywords.
Results are returned in an easy to read list with the Metascore, platform and release date showing. Clicking on a result will display even more detail, including the User score, summary, icon and the number of reviews.
Clicking on the product name will open up the review page on Metacritic's site.
Clicking on the User Reviews or Critic Reviews will transfer the user to the reviews section on Metacritic's site.
Metacritic Searcher utilized a third party barcode scanner. It was tested with Barcode Scanner but should also work with Google Goggles.