Shooting footage with DSLR cameras has many benefits including interchangeable lenses and superior image sensors. Along with these cost-effective benefits come some challenges. In this tutorial by Jeff Greenberg you’ll learn how to ingest, integrate and modify your DSLR footage to work in perfect harmony in the FCP X workspace.
Jeff starts you off with an overview of the DSLR workflow. He talks about the importance of proper camera settings to make what you're shooting compatible in the FCP X editing environment. Next on Jeff’s agenda is a section on ingesting media that explains the importing options for both video and audio. He then goes on to teach you how to optimize your media either during or after ingest and how to fix audio and color, all within Final Cut Pro.
One of the pitfalls of shooting video with a DSLR is Stabilization and the Rolling Shutter effect. Small cameras with large lenses are sometimes difficult to control and maneuver. They also capture footage serially across their sensor which can cause image distortion in certain shooting conditions. Jeff has your back as he shows you how to fix shaky footage and deal with the rolling shutter effect.
So if you are shooting your footage with a DSLR and editing it in Final Cut Pro X then this tutorial by FCP X Master Trainer Jeff Greenberg is what you need to get you started on the right track!
Table of Contents:
2. Why Use DSLRs?
3. Camera Settings
4. Camera Mount vs. Dual Capture Sound
5. Archiving Meda Cards
6. Importing Video
7. Importing Audio
8. Perils of Working Off the Media Card
9. Optimization: Overview
10. Optimization: Ingesting
11. Optimization: After the Ingestion
12. Optimization: Setting the Preferences
13. Organizing with Keywords
14. Audio Auto Sync
15. Sync Via Marker
16. Modifying Synced Clips
17. Adding Meta Data
18. Removing Audio Noise
19. Color Correction
20. Correcting Camera Shake and Rolling Shutter
The Smart Trigger uses advanced Bluetooth 4.0 technology, including low-energy BLE. With a wireless range of 50 feet and an idle battery life of 2 to 10 years, the Smart Trigger is the perfect companion for your iOS device and DSLR camera.
Smart Trigger App
Use all of Smart Trigger's features straight from the app – easily manage your DSLR camera right from your phone or tablet.
Small Package, Big Features
Photography accessories are typically big on space – thankfully, the Smart Trigger's compact, lightweight receiver and cable means it can be comfortably taken anywhere.
This mode allows your smart phone to act as a wireless shutter. Touch the shutter control button to capture a picture – perfect for including the photographer in group shots!
Manual Shot allows you to take long exposures while in bulb mode. This mode includes a switch that will lock the shutter open; use Manual Shot for photographic techniques like star trails and light painting.
Timed Shot mode turns your device into an intervalometer. Fine-tune your timer settings and use this mode to perform advanced photography techniques like time-lapses.
IR (codecollection in Beta)
- All major TV brands (e.g. Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic) and cable boxes supported (> 3,000 devices in total)
- Requires line of sight to device
- Remote control supports current Samsung TVs (generations C, D, E and F)
- Reads current channel setup when available in TV (generations E and F)
- Requires handset and TV to be connected to same network, but no line of sight to device necessary
Using this app you have the unique ability to switch channels and adjust volume just by swiping across the screen – you no longer have to look at your smartphone just to control your TV!
The WiFi option works with most Samsung Smart TVs of Series C, D, E and F. Please be aware that auto detection will work properly with Series E and F, just as some of Series D. With Series C and D please ensure that 'Remote Control' within your TV settings is enabled. Routers without UPnP enabled (this prevents auto detection) will require you to enter the IP address manually.
How to use the app:
1. Please make sure that the smartphone and your TV are both connected to the same WLAN
2. Make sure the TV is turned on and start the app – it will now search automatically for the TV (in some cases it might be necessary to completely close the app after the installation before detecting the TV)
3. If your TV (on the TV screen) requires approval for the connection please press OK
On mobile devices with an IR transmitter built in, you are also offered to use IR to control the TV or cablebox. This feature is known to operate the built-in IR transmitter of the following devices:
Samsung Galaxy S IV
Samsung Galaxy S IV mini
Samsung Galaxy MEGA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
and other compatible devices. Please let us know if it works on a device not listed here.
For connecting to a Philips TV using WiFi please check our other apps.
Simply download this FREE app and access additional content, currently not available on the Samsung TV itself as you use your Android to control your Samsung TV over Wi-Fi.
Enjoy millions of videos, images, and songs anywhere and share them with your friends. Easily search and find interesting content from many sources, including your mobile device and home network, and watch it on your internet connected Samsung TV or on your mobile device.
With the Samsung TV Media Player, you can do the following:
• SEARCH - Easily search, find, and browse videos, photos, or music and watch on TV directly from your Android phone.
• DISCOVER - Discover new and featured videos every day across a number of video topic channels for you to enjoy. Browse channels using easy-to-navigate video carousels.
• SEND TO TV - Stream music and videos directly to your Samsung TV or mobile device. No installation needed (except this app).
• ACCESS MEDIA - Access your photo and social networking accounts to watch on your Samsung TV.
• MANAGE PLAYLISTS - Create and Manage playlists of music and enjoy on your mobile or Samsung TV.
• Video search
• Add to favorites
• View and manage history
• Watch on TV
• Create and manage music playlists
• Continuous video and music play
• Upload videos and photos
• Access to your DLNA Home Media Servers
• Search and find your music, photos, and videos from multiple content sources including your Android device, your home network or the Internet.
• Share via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook
• Video Podcasts
• YouTube videos
• Your Music, photos, and videos from your Android device [Android Gallery]
• SHOUTcast Internet radio
• Facebook videos and photos from you and your friends
• Flickr photos
• Picasa (Web Album) photos
• Local Media Servers, any DLNA or UPnP AV Media Servers in your home network
• The “Now Playing” screen provides information about the content that you are watching on your Samsung TV.
• Music and Video player controls (i.e. previous, pause, play, next, and volume) appear, depending on the capabilities of your setup.
• Sign out of ZappoTV.
• Delete your viewing history.
• Send application logs to ZappoTV.
THINGS TO KNOW
• MyZappoTV > Favorites, lets you access and manage your viewing history.
• MyZappoTV > History makes it super easy to watch previous viewed photos or videos.
REQUIREMENTS TO GET STARTED
• Android 2.1 and later versions.
• ZappoTV account is required.
Guess what? No more waiting! FCP X lets you start processing and editing your clips even as they’re being ingested! But that’s only one of its amazing new features ...
In this tutorial, Michael Wohl explains how each clip is analyzed for its content, shot type and image stability. What’s cool is that all your audio is checked and corrected for noise and hum too. This means no more exporting to other audio programs and searching for esoteric plugins to fix pesky sound issues. It’s all done for you in Final Cut Pro X, and Michael shows you how to take control and optimize all of these amazing features.
But that’s just the beginning ... FCP X’s real power lies in its advanced media recognition and organization features. MIchael explains everything in extraordinary detail including the cool new "ingestion" features for digital and tape-based cameras, DSLR, and iMovie.
From there, he moves on to cover everything you need to know about Range-Based Image Stabilization, keywords, the Filmstrip and List views, clip auditioning, clip metadata, custom file naming, using folders, grouping clips, and much, much more!
Join the enjoyable and knowledgable Michael Wohl as he takes you through all the “media” features of Final Cut Pro X .
Table of Contents:
02. Ingest from Camera
03. Background Ingest
04. Ingest Settings & Options
05. Ingest from Tape-based Camera
06. Ingest from DSLR
07. Background Tasks
08. Import iMovie Events
09. Importing Video Files
10. Synching Audio and Video
11. Organizing Events
12. Merging Events
13. Creating and Deleting Events
14. Transcoding & Analysis
15. Stabilization Keywords
16. The Event Browser
17. Playing Clips
18. Auditioning Clips in the Event Browser
19. Marking In and Out Points
20. Marking Favorite and Rejected Ranges
21. Filtering & Removing Ratings
22. Adding Keywords
23. Additional Metadata
24. Custom File Naming
25. Searching & Filtering
26. Creating Smart Collections
27. Keyword Collections
28. Using Folders
29. Filmstrip View
30. Grouping Clips
31. Grouping in List View
TV SideView is a Remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
With your mobile device, you can discover programs with the TV Guide and effortlessly control your home devices like Sony BRAVIA TV.
For existing Media Remote app users, TV SideView app will offer additional functionalities in addition to a remote control.
- Key features
1. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
2. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a multifunctional remote controller always at your side.
3. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
4. When you "Love" a program, we learn more about your preferences and can recommend programs.
Although this app operates with Android devices from various companies, such as Xperia™, Samsung GALAXY, and Google Nexus depending on your model and version, there may be restrictions with some functionalities.
- TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony LCD TV BRAVIA
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
BDP-S370, BDP-S470, BDP-S570, BDP-S770, BDP-S1700ES, BDP-BX37, BDP-BX57, BDP-S380, BDP-S480, BDP-S580, BDP-S780, BDP-BX38, BDP-BX58, BDP-S390, BDP-S490, BDP-S590, BDP-S790, BDP-BX39, BDP-BX59, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100, BDP-S5100, BDP-BX310, BDP-BX510
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
BDV-IZ1000W, BDV-HZ970W, BDV-E970W, BDV-E870, BDV-E770W, BDV-E670W, BDV-E570, BDV-E470, BDV-E370, BDV-T57, BDV-F7, BDV-F700, BDV-F500, BDV-E985W, BDV-E980W, BDV-E980, BDV-E880, BDV-E780W, BDV-E580, BDV-E380, BDV-T58, BDV-L800M, BDV-L800, BDV-L600, BDV-N990W, BDV-N890W, BDV-N790W, BDV-N590, BDV-E690, BDV-E490, BDV-E385, BDV-E390, BDV-E290, BDV-E190, BDV-NF720, BDV-NF620, BDV-EF420, BDV-EF220, BDV-T79, BDV-T39, BDV-N7100WL, BDV-N8100W, BDV-N9100W, BDV-N7100WL, BDV-N9100WL, BDV-E2100, BDV-E3100, BDV-E4100, BDV-E5100, BDV-E6100, BDV-EF1100
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
SMP-N100, SMP-N200, NSZ-GS7, NSZ-GX70
Sony Internet TV
NSX-24GT1, NSX-32GT1, NSX-40GT1, NSX-46GT1, NSZ-GT1
Sony AV Receiver
For customers using Xperia™ Tablet with built-in universal remote control function, you will be able to use this application to select a TV program and change channels on your TV or set-top box from your mobile device.
- Additional information
1. “TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
Connect the server phone running “Camera” with client phone running “[VEGA] Remote Shot“.
Client phone is only compatible with “Camera” app on “VEGA No.6 (IM-A860S/K/L)”, “VEGA Iron (IM-A870S/K/L)”, “VEGA LTE-A (IM-A880S)”, "VEGA Secret Note (IM-A890S/K/L)" model (released 2013 in Korea).
Install the [VEGA] Remote Shot app and connect with server camera,
you can check the received image and shoot easily with camera from long distance.
1. Connecting: In the server Camera app, set the “Remote Shot” mode. And set back-to-back with both phone to connect.
2. Shooting: Set the Camera to right angle, command to the camera with [VEGA] Remote Shot.
3. Checking: You can check the taken photos and store in [VEGA] Remote Shot app. In the server Camera, the taken photos will save automatically.
-To connect, NFC and R&W/P2P must be enabled.
-Using Wi-Fi Direct will not result in additional data charge.
-Do not disable Wi-Fi while connected.
-Connection can get off if the distance is too far between both phone.
-Connection can get off if there are some barriers between both phone.
-Provide shooting photo, except recording video.
Android Jelly Bean Higher
* It may be disconnected or not work properly with specific smart phone model.
[Supported models to Connect]
VEGA IM-A860 Higher
-View the image reflecting from Camera in real time.
-Command shooting to Camera
-Command setting flash and resolution to Camera.
-Check the taken photos immediately.-Save the taken photos to the client phone’s local storage.