UAV Ground Control is a Trimble Catalyst-enabled app for collecting ground control points for UAV mapping. The app enables Android powered mobile phones and tablets to collect ground control points with centimeter accuracy using the Trimble Catalyst positioning service.
Once collected, you can use UAV Ground Control to export the control points for use in your UAV processing software and produce accurate aerial imagery or basemaps.
USING THE APP:
* Connect the Trimble DA1 antenna to your Android device and start the app.
* UAV Ground Control automatically connects to the Trimble VRS Now service (where available), or Trimble’s worldwide correction service, Trimble RTX and the Catalyst engine starts generating positions.
* The app shows you the location accuracy being achieved in real-time. Outside Trimble’s VRS Now network coverage area (or if you prefer to use your own), UAV Ground Control can also work with 3rd party VRS networks and internet base stations.
* The app lets you easily record, edit, and annotate any number of ground control points.
* Once you have collected the points you need, simply export them to CSV and email them to the office directly from the phone or tablet for processing.
* Simple collection of accurate ground control points
* Sign-in to the Catalyst positioning service from UAV Ground Control
* Average the RTK positions for as long as required to achieve your accuracy target
* Collect as many points as required by your mapping processing software
* Select the points required for the processing software to map project
* Share via email in a simple CSV format.
*** NOTE: Using the Trimble Catalyst positioning service requires a free Trimble user account, a Catalyst DA1 antenna and a subscription to the Trimble Catalyst softGNSS positioning service. Visit https://catalyst.trimble.com for a list of subscription options and purchasing details. ***
Where available, the CSV file contains the EPSG code to ensure the processing software can use the correct datum and map projection.
For more information, visit https://catalyst.trimble.com.
Refer to Trimble's EULA for Terms of Service for Trimble Catalyst and UAV Ground Control. By installing this app, you agree to these terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. https://catalyst.trimble.com/legal/EULA.html