Features that have helped make Flightradar24 the #1 selling app in 25+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of March 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
Features of our Android travel guide:
- Pick a country or major city to download its guide.
- A downloaded guide works offline, without an internet connection.
- The app is a self starter, it suggests you things to see and do.
- Each guide includes a country map and detailed city maps for the top cities.
- Each guide includes info about the major sights, great restaurants, different nightlife options and more.
- Currency converter.
- Phrasebooks for the non-English locations.
- Weather forecast (updated when online).
- Current events (updated when online).
- Information about local wildlife, festivals, culture, food.
Once installed you have access to country guides covering most of the world and ranging from old time european favorites like Italy, Spain and France to more exotic destinations like Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia.
If you only want a single city and don't want to download an entire country into this guide, we also provide city guides, covering the major tourist cities in Europe like Amsterdam, Rome, Paris and London, but also for slightly smaller places like Brussels, Oslo and Prague. Listing the full depth of our content would be a bit for this space!
What people are saying:
"Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommers at home. Your phone and a Triposo guide is all you need."
"Triposo works offline and even has an offline map. So no roaming charges. And it's free!"
"You really saved our India trip when it turned out that our data roaming didn't properly work."
About our guides:
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use freely available content. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and OpenStreetMap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate, throw in a bit of content we get from our community - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We setup the app according to your locale, but if you want otherwise, you can set your home currency (for the currency converter) if you tap the top bar and choose Account. There you can also switch between imperial and metric units (fahrenheit/celsius, feet/meters) for the weather forecast temperatures and for distances.
If you see any problem with the app, please write us an email at email@example.com so we can figure out what’s wrong and fix it. Thanks!
Whether you’re exploring trendy US cities like New York or San Francisco, classic European locations like Paris and London, or popular destinations in Asia like Hong Kong or Bangkok, Gogobot's travel guide helps you find the perfect hotel for tonight, next week, or next holiday. See postcards, read trusted reviews and make hotel reservations from your Android phone via Booking.com, as well as make restaurant reservations via OpenTable.
And when you are there, share your memories with friends via sharable digital postcards.
What users love about Gogobot Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE over 60,000 destinations and discover insider tips on the best places.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Pick a destination and get a personalized travel guide, highlighting the best hotels, restaurants and cities anywhere in the world. When you connect your Facebook account, we can highlight places popular amongst your friends in your city guide.
Share your experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
The content of the app, including the Daily Secret logo, is owned by Daily Secret. Daily Secret is not affiliated with the app or the author.
I love the Daily Secret service. I think it's awesome! You can subscribe on http://www.dailysecret.com.
WikiMapia is an open-content collaborative mapping project, aimed at marking all geographical objects in the world and providing a useful description of them. Inspired by the success of Google Maps and Wikipedia it combines an interactive web map with a wiki system. Both registered users and guests have already marked over 19,000,000 objects and this number grows every day!
Download our Destination Planner App called Nomad (http://goo.gl/i1mH9)
Inspired by Mahesh Murthy's Excel Sheet (http://oh.pn/visa)
Please check with the authorities before you plan your travel for changes/updates.
Now you can enjoy the awe-inspiring beauty of Trey Ratcliff’s images on your Android device or GoogleTV! You will receive 50 free photos to get you started.
There's also a Premium version available with hundreds and hundreds more photos! Get it at http://goo.gl/M2Xla
Special thanks to Dagfinn Parnas for his fine work on this amazing app.
ABOUT TREY RATCLIFF
Trey Ratcliff is a photographer, artist, writer and adventurer. His photos and stories capture the beauty of exotic travel destinations and the humor of bizarre situations he often finds himself in. There is always something new, unexpected and beautiful to see. Each day, Trey posts a new photo to his website, StuckInCustoms.com, the #1 Travel Photography blog on the Internet.
Trey is best known as a pioneer in HDR photography. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, a technique whereby multiple levels of light are captured for a particular scene and then combined into a single photograph. The resulting images are richly detailed and more closely resemble what you recall of the scene in your mind.
Trey’s photo, “Fourth on Lake Austin”, was the first HDR photograph to hang in the Smithsonian. He has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and the BBC, and his photos have accumulated more than 50 million views. His best-selling book, "A World in HDR" sold out on Amazon in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Trey has taught many thousands of people the secrets to his techniques via his free HDR tutorial and a more detailed video tutorial, both are available on his website, http://stuckincustoms.com.
Trey is also a successful entrepreneur. His endeavors include popular iOS and Android apps such as 100CamerasIn1 (over 1 million downloads!) and Stuck On Earth (a completely unique travel photography app). In addition he launched Flatbooks.com, which is a rapidly growing eBook publisher.
For additional details about Trey please visit: http://www.stuckincustoms.com/trey-ratclif
More from developer
Roadside Assistance* – AAA’s legendary service now available electronically 24/7, no phone call needed
• Request roadside assistance electronically directly from the app with the ability to find you by your GPS location on your phone
• Instant battery replacement quotes (not currently available in all areas)
TripTik® - Trip planning with interactive maps and directions
• Updated gas prices at local gas stations
• AAA Office Locations
• Find AAA Approved Auto Repair locations with hours, contact information and available services
• Research, find and book AAA Diamond Rated hotels with reviews, inspector notes and information on AAA member offers (where available)
• Research and find local restaurants, attractions, and campgrounds
• Find electric vehicle charging stations
• Locate member discounts near you at over 114,000 locations
• Membership benefits that can save you time and money—and give you peace of mind whether you are at home or on the road
*To receive Road Service, you must be a current AAA/CAA member.