CapturaTalk comes with comprehensive technical support, which is provided by our highly-trained technical support team.
• A web browser that can read text aloud and present it in a dyslexia friendly format (i.e. it removes adverts and other ‘clutter’ from a webpage and presents the text of the webpage in plain and easy to read style)
• A collection of resources that assist with writing, learning and reading comprehension. These are especially useful for pupils and teachers: they chiefly consist of pedagogic tools, tasks and assessments. What’s more, a user can easily add new resources and tailor CapturaTalk to their specific requirements.
• Translation of text into numerous languages
• Visual text-to-speech highlighting
• Digital Audio recording
• Speech recognition
• OCR (photo-to-text conversion process)
• Translation of text (visual and auditory)
• Customise the visual appearance of text (including the default background colour)
• Dyslexia friendly web browsing text-to-speech
• Clean, clear and user friendly user interface
• In app - getting started support app materials
• In app - getting started support operating system materials
• A variety of default languages: English, Spanish, German and Swedish
Breakdown of the layout of CapturaTalk:
Talking Browser: Reads webpages aloud and presents them in a dyslexia-friendly manner
Type and Speak: An easy to use text composing and editing environment, which includes rich text editing
Phrases: Lists examples of words and sentences in order to support writing
Manage: Enables the user to access files in local and cloud storage
OCR: Converts text captured in a photo into editable text
Talking Help: Provides oral in-app support
Settings: Allows the user to configure and personalise the interface and other key settings
Paintings by Renoir and Rothko, Bonnard and O'Keeffe, van Gogh and Diebenkorn are among the many stunning impressionist and modern works that fill the museum's distinctive building, which combines extensive new galleries with the family home of its founder, Duncan Phillips. The collection continues to develop with selective new acquisitions, many by contemporary artists, and the Intersections series features projects by contemporary artists, responding to art and spaces in the museum.
The Phillips Collection app lets you explore this exceptional collection of modern and contemporary art through audio tours and multimedia presentations. Visitor information, a calendar of events, and maps of the museum help you to plan your visit, navigate the collection, and learn more about the art you discover.
Once downloaded the app requires a short initial network connection (cellular or Wi-Fi) for content download. From that moment on, the app works 100% offline.
The Montreal Holocaust Memorial Centre was created in 1979 by a group of Holocaust survivors with the support of members of the Jewish community and Federation CJA. Its mission is to educate people of all ages and backgrounds about the Holocaust, while sensitizing the public to the universal perils of antisemitism, racism, hate and indifference. The Centre operates the only Holocaust museum in Canada and is a leader in Holocaust education and remembrance.
Our Museum is located at 5151 Côte-Sainte-Catherine Rd, Montreal H3W 1M6 and is open daily, except Saturdays. To plan a visit: www.mhmc.ca
- Journey of Inspiration – General Tour
- American Sign Language Tour (ASL)
- Langue des signes québécoise Tour (LSQ)
Each tour features:
- Overview of each gallery
- Architectural highlights
- Exhibits description
You will also find:
- Video, images and audio content
- A Museum quiz
- Opportunities to comment and share
- Useful information such as location, hours of operation, admission fees and amenities
- Winner of the 2014/2015 Ontario Museum Association's Award of Excellence in Publications!
- Beautiful new design.
- New exhibits.
- More features.
The Sioux Lookout Community Museum, located in Northwestern Ontario, is home to a fascinating collection of artifacts and archives significant to the unique history of this area. Items in our collection include pieces that date back to the First People’s early use of local waterways 4000-7000 years ago, items such as airplane skis manufactured by the Elliott Brothers here in Sioux Lookout, traditional First Nations beadwork, clothing dating back to the late 1800’s, an authentic birch bark canoe, and many pieces related to the establishment of the railway, the gold rush days, and early industry in Sioux Lookout.
Our new app allows you to browse select exhibits! Simply download the free app and start exploring. Be sure to check out the information section for regular updates about the Museum and community events in Sioux Lookout.
• Use the app with your smartphone or tablet.
• Browse high resolution photos of artifacts and archival materials.
• Share your favorite items through email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Information section – Stay informed of new developments with the Museum and community events.
• The app will be updated regularly with new content – check back often!
Connect with the Sioux Lookout Museum and the Municipality of Sioux Lookout!
Visit our website: http://siouxlookoutmuseum.ca
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MunicipalitySiouxLookout
If you need assistance or have suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Available in four languages: English, français, german, mandarin
Two 30 minute audio tours are featured that provide a glimpse into Canada's fascinating social history and highlight the history and contributions of the country's First Peoples. The audio tours are enhanced with visuals.
Wi-Fi available to all visitors: Network Mus-Civ-WiFi
This application and all content is a product of the Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation in partnership with Tristan Interactive Inc.
Through the fictitious family story of a former port worker, Bob Bordeleau, you will discover what was happening on various quays of the Old Port and the popular neighbourhoods from these past two centuries.
Fuel your children’s creativity via the Brooks Kids! section of the app. This special kids-only section includes a puzzle game, audio tours presented in English and Spanish, and a coloring section where your child can create art inspired by works on view at the Brooks.
Over 9,000 works make up the Brooks’ permanent collection including ancient works from Greece, Rome, and the Ancient Americas; Renaissance masterpieces from Italy; English portraiture; American painting and decorative arts; contemporary art; and a survey of African art.
For more information on the Brooks, and all other exhibitions and programs, call 901.544.6200 or visit www.brooksmuseum.org
A Companion Walking Tour
Produced in conjunction with the Museum of Jewish Heritage—A Living Memorial to the Holocaust’s exhibit Emma Lazarus: Poet of Exiles, this companion mobile tour is a wonderful way to see New York through the eyes of one of its most fascinating residents, Emma Lazarus. We invite the public to walk in her footsteps and experience nineteenth-century New York in a very contemporary way.
Using excerpts from Emma’s lively correspondences and works, listeners will come to know her literary life, her social circles, and her groundbreaking message for immigrants. The tour is narrated by Julianna Margulies and includes a reading by Meryl Streep of “The New Colossus”—Emma’s famous poem at the base of the Statue of Liberty.
This application, sponsored by Credit Suisse, and developed by Tristan Interactive, imagineear ltd and gsmprjct for the Singapore National Heritage Board, serves as your personal multimedia guide to the exhibition with audio and images for over 65 stops and high resolution interactive maps to help navigate your way through the five sites.
imagineear is a young and dynamic full service interpretation company with one of the most experienced teams in the business. We are head-quartered in London, with offices in Amsterdam, Geneva, Paris, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We offer stand-out value for money, use our experience to innovate, and create additional revenue streams from rental and retail models, both on- and off-site.