- Winner of the 2014/2015 Ontario Museum Association's Award of Excellence in Publications!
- Beautiful new design.
- New exhibits.
- More features.
The Sioux Lookout Community Museum, located in Northwestern Ontario, is home to a fascinating collection of artifacts and archives significant to the unique history of this area. Items in our collection include pieces that date back to the First People’s early use of local waterways 4000-7000 years ago, items such as airplane skis manufactured by the Elliott Brothers here in Sioux Lookout, traditional First Nations beadwork, clothing dating back to the late 1800’s, an authentic birch bark canoe, and many pieces related to the establishment of the railway, the gold rush days, and early industry in Sioux Lookout.
Our new app allows you to browse select exhibits! Simply download the free app and start exploring. Be sure to check out the information section for regular updates about the Museum and community events in Sioux Lookout.
• Use the app with your smartphone or tablet.
• Browse high resolution photos of artifacts and archival materials.
• Share your favorite items through email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Information section – Stay informed of new developments with the Museum and community events.
• The app will be updated regularly with new content – check back often!
Connect with the Sioux Lookout Museum and the Municipality of Sioux Lookout!
Visit our website: http://siouxlookoutmuseum.ca
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MunicipalitySiouxLookout
If you need assistance or have suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at email@example.com