TweetShelf gives you recommendations of News, Books, Podcasts and Videos from your Twitter friends.
It organizes tweets with links in your timeline by content type (e.g. Articles, Books, Podcasts).
It is free to join. Just install the app, connect your Twitter account and you are ready to go!
CATEGORIES OF CONTENT
All your content is organized under following categories:
• News, articles and blogs
• Websites, apps, tools and products
• Books, Kindle books, Audiobooks
• Videos, talks and shows
WHY USE TWEET SHELF
• SAVE TIME: Twitter is very noisy. Most of the tweets are...umm ordinary. One has to spend a lot of time to get something of value. TweetShelf bypasses those tweets and directly shows you the content shared by people in your network. It increases your signal-to-noise ratio and saves you a HUGE time.
• EASIER BROWSING: A feed with all types of content is hard to follow. TweetShelf organizes your content into various categories like Articles, Websites, Books, Podcasts and Videos. This makes it easier to consume and discover more relevant content faster.
• DISCOVER MORE CONTENT: TweetShelf surfaces the content that you might have missed otherwise in your fast moving feed on Twitter.
• MEET NEW PEOPLE: Get to know people who have shared the content you like and follow them on Twitter.
TweetShelf gives you a wide variety of filters for your content:
• By Content Type: Browse your content by categories - Articles, Websites, Books, Podcasts and Videos.
• By Lists: Browse your content by lists you follow on Twitter.
• By People: View content of any Twitter handle (even outside your network).
• By Website: View content of any particular website or domain (like NYTimes).
• Search: Use search to find what you are looking for.
Mark stories you find interesting as "Starred" or "Save for Later".
You can filter the content by:
• Time: like last 2 hr, last 4 hr, last 24 hr, today, yesterday etc
• Shared by 1+, 2+, 5+ friends etc
• Sort by latest or most shared stories
Here are some ways in which people have been using TweetShelf:
• Reading news. Many have made TweetShelf as their default news app
• Finding new books, podcasts and TED Talks for learning and self-improvement
• Finding reviews and opinion for books
• Discovering new tools and apps to make their life easier
• Meeting interesting people and better curate who they follow on Twitter
• Staying up-to-date in their industry
• Getting research material for creating their own newsletter
• Finding interesting content to tweet and increase their Twitter followers
If you use Twitter, you’ll love Tweet Shelf.
If you are a Nuzzel app user and looking for an alternative, this is perhaps the best!
Upgrade and get access to advanced features like:
• Twitter lists
• Connect multiple accounts
• RSS feed
• Hourly email alerts
• Past date filters
• Recently Viewed stories. Mark stories as Starred and Save For Later.
• Custom themes
Auto-renewing subscription ($5.99 monthly or $53.99 annually - price varies by country).
Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You need a Twitter account to use the full functionality of the app. Tweet Shelf does not get to see your Twitter password. It gets only *read* permission to your Twitter account. It does not post on your behalf, nor modifies your account in any way.
Note: Payment for auto-renewing subscription to TweetShelf Premium will be charged to your Play Store account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the Account Settings on your device. To avoid renewal, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. Your account will be charged for renewal by Google within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.