*NEW* Includes full DLR line and status information and live departure boards.
London Tube Traveller is a free app that countless London commuters have probably wished for at one time or another because it takes the guesswork out of your daily commute and travel decisions.
Add your Underground stations and Tube lines and get warnings about any problems that are likely to affect your journey.
Launch the app and find out what's going on with the Underground network before you leave to travel. If problems are serious enough, then you can make alternate travel arrangements. Perfect for both commuters and visitors to London.
Using TFL's services, London Tube Traveller shows the Underground status and information about any station incidents at over 260 London Underground stations and any problems with the following Tube lines: Bakerloo, Circle, District, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Hammersmith & City, Jubilee, Metropolitan, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria and Waterloo & City.
As an added bonus, London Tube Traveller also displays live departure board information for your London Underground and DLR stations to help you decide whether you need to rush to catch the next train or not!
Here's what some of our users think of London Tube Traveller
- I couldn't survive the commute without it
- Fantastic, useful app for any travel in London would recommend highly
- No thrills info well presented with really short load times
- This app somehow manages to predict the arrival of district line trains more accurately than the station boards, very clever!
- Best and prettiest tube app
- Lightweight, fast, responsive app which does the job
- Beautifully simple and accurate. Love the departure boards
- Perfect app for us lemmings that rely on TFL each day
- Excellent app, station-specific, and departure boards auto-update. Great UI. Congratulations!
- A must have app
Why not give it a try?
London Tube Traveller is not in any way affiliated with Transport For London (TFL). It works on Android 2.1 and upwards, supports "move to SD" and the screens are optimised for both phones and tablet devices.
This app is now for sale as part of a portfolio of three apps that includes London Bus Traveller, It's My Stop and London Tube Traveller. Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. London Tube Map (zoom in, zoom out)
2. Index to stations
Online travel plan - Transport for London (tfl) with:
Tube, DLR, Tram, London Overground, Coach, Bus, River Bus, National Rail
3. Plan a journey in London with tfl.gov.uk
4. London BBC Weather
You can use the Tube map offline , but to plan a journey you need to be online.
Real-time Tube status and departures, quick access to station info from favourites and find stations by GPS.
Follow @tube_chaser on Twitter for latest updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Some stations are missing from the list, or no useful information is given. This is ALWAYS due to TfL's poor data, not Tube Chaser.
This mostly affects Hammersmith & City/Circle Line in West London, District line at Paddington, and some Metropolitan Line stations.
Tube map and London Overground support can't be included at this stage, due to ridiculous licensing costs from both TfL and National Rail Enquiries.
Enable Send usage stats to help improve Tube Chaser. See website for more info.
How does it work :
- Run London Tube Compass outdoors far from large metallic objects
- Wait until your location will be found by GPS or wireless networks after that surrounding subway stations will be shown
- Select the most suitable for you station
- Go towards selected station in the direction provided by compass
- Also station may be shown on map
- If you are tired and don't want to walk anymore you may get taxi drectly from application
- You need not London city map
- You need not internet access
- Stations are clearly represented with subway lines and distances to them
- Usability and performance
PRECISE LOCATION (GPS AND NETWORK-BASED) - to get your location by GPS or wireless networks and find nearest subway stations (locations don't send anywhere and being used on device only).
NETWORK COMMUNICATION (FULL NETWORK ACCESS), NETWORK COMMUNICATION (VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS) - for taxi order form and statistic.
Our guests have spoken and we have ANSWERED with an app that allows you to book a room in seconds at some of the best value hotels in Asia.
You can get access to our hotels in four countries at any time through our INSPIRED new technology.
Our Red Planet hotels in Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Hat Yai), Indonesia (Jakarta, Pekanbaru, Palembang, Solo, Bekasi, Makassar and Surabaya), Japan (Okinawa and Tokyo) and The Philippines (Manila, Cebu, Angeles City, Quezon, Mall of Asia, Aseana City, Ermita, Malate, Makati, Ortigas, Ayala, Davao and Cagayan De Oro) are FEATURED on the app with the best available room rate given to all users at all times.
You can rest ASSURED that we have transformed the value hotel sector by offering an all-inclusive rate for every room, every night that is booked through our app. There are no hidden costs in the room rates or the amenities we provide.
All rooms have free high-speed Wi-Fi so you can stay WIRED at all times, our high-POWERED showers are always a hit, our quality custom-made beds with upscale linen provide a comfortable night's sleep.
There are many other features including air conditioning, in-room safes, hair dryers, ceiling fans and large flat screen televisions.
For all users of our app who also join our loyalty programme REMEMBERED there are great discounts to be enjoyed and other exclusive offers from our partners such as Lonely Planet.
If you download our app, look out for these FEATURED highlights to be:
• Search for hotels
• Hotel facilities information
• Location guide from our partner Lonely Planet
• Book hotels and pay by credit card
• Join the REMEMBERED program and get discounts on all bookings
• Rotate your phone horizontally to view your REMEMBERED card
• View upcoming and past bookings
• Modify and cancel upcoming bookings
• Access to all our social network pages
• Best price guarantee (since we always charge at our Best Available Rate or lower for REMEMBERED members)
For more information on the hotel brand REDEFINING value in Asia, please visit www.redplanethotels.com
- Scheduled updates
- Automatic notifications of any line delays
- Live status of the Underground network
- Homescreen widget
Data courtesy of Transport for London.
Note : To use the Homescreen widget, the app must be installed on your device and not the SD card.