An educational app developed by Camp Quality for children 8-13 years who have a parent, sibling, friend or loved one with cancer. The app is filled with age appropriate information about cancer, hospitals, medicines and treatment.
It also gives advice on how kids might be able to help their loved one and includes short animated personal stories from kids. Designed for children, the app is visually appealing and uses colour, animation and sound effects to answer the big questions kids want to ask.
* Suitable for ages 8-13 years
* Educational app on cancer addressing most commonly asked questions from kids
* Age-appropriate information about types of cancer, hospitals and medicines, people who help and types of cancer treatment
* Ideas on how kids can help their loved one with cancer
* Animated stories where children share how the user (a child/young person) can help their loved one, and a section where children share their experiences.
* Available as mobile and tablet app
* Great educational tool for a child who has a parent, sibling, friend or loved one diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for cancer.
Kids’ Guide to Cancer is a Camp Quality initiative made possible with the support of the Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation. The app was designed and developed by 2and2.
Camp Quality has been developing programs to support children living with cancer for over 30 years. Find out more about our programs or how you can support Camp Quality at https://www.campquality.org.au/