With HearPlugs you won’t ever need to take your headphones off, leave the headphones on as you have a conversation and switch back to the music as you finish it.
Works on the same principle of devices such as Sennheiser's TalkThrough or Shure's PTH (Push To Hear) module.
Please add the HearPlugs Widget to your Home Screen to enjoy easy access to the HearPlugs button.
Use Stereo Test to quickly verify that you're getting the correct audio channel sent to each ear or speaker. Hear your music & video how it was supposed to be heard: Left-left; Right-right.
TAGS: stereo test, audio test, sound test, headphone test, stereo check, audio check, sound check, headphone check, stereo, headphones, channels, left channel, right channel, two channels, channels reversed, identify channels
Featured in "Best Android Apps" Book by O'Reilly as Best Audio Management App in Android.
AudioManager is an application/widget that allows you to get all of your current volume levels straight from your home-screen. Tap on the widget to adjust volume levels independently. Save your audio settings as presets and use the built-in scheduler to automatically apply them for you.
★ Over 100 widget skins available through the Android Market
★ Two widget sizes available (large 4x1 and small 2x1)
★ Save Audio Profiles (presets)
★ Rename, Edit or Delete Profiles (presets)
★ Create profile shortcuts
★ Set your ringtones through profiles
★ 6 Themes for you to choose from (Standard, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green and Pink).
★ Volume Lock to prevent other apps from changing your volume setting
★ 1x1 Volume Lock Widget
★ 1x1 Current Profile Widget
★ Re-arrangeable profile list
★ Built-in Scheduler to automatically apply your presets
whenever you want.
★ Restore ringer mode feature.
★ Fully optimized for Android tablets.
★ Available in over 10 different languages.
★ Create and publish your own skins with the Skin Development Kit.
★ AudioManager Plug-in available for Locale and Tasker users.
★ Auto Backup and Restore so you do not lose your settings and profiles (this is not supported on all devices)
★ Manual Backup and Restore of your profiles also available
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to help us improve our products. Visit our website http://www.smartandroidapps.com and don't forget to check out our other apps in the market.
Smart Android Apps, LLC
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Playing audio at high volumes, especially for a prolonged amount of time, can destroy speakers and/or damage hearing. Some users HAVE reported destroyed speakers and earphones. IF YOU HEAR DISTORTED AUDIO, LOWER THE VOLUME (but it may be too late).
By installing this application you agree that you will not hold its developer responsible for any damage to hardware or hearing, and you are using it AT YOUR OWN RISK. Consider this to be EXPERIMENTAL software.
Not all devices support this software. Try it and see if yours works.
NOTE 1: This does not work on Android 4.2.1 and higher devices, due Google throttling the audio equalizer: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=41166
NOTE 2: This is NOT for adjusting the speakerphone volume in phone calls (that has its own boost, I think), but for adjusting the volume of music, movies and apps.
NOTE 3: Users who complain that this does not boost bass are right. In order to mitigate (but not remove!) the danger of damage to small speakers, there is no boost in the lowest frequency range, and there is also less boost in the highest frequency range. If you go to the Settings and uncheck "Non-uniform boost", you get an across-the-board boost, but that's much more dangerous to your speakers.
NOTE 4: When you set the boost to zero, Speaker Boost will be off. The notification icon is just for ease of launching. If you don't like seeing the notification icon when Speaker Boost is off, just go to Speaker Boost's Settings and set it to appear only when Speaker Boost is running.
Earpiece is a simple, light-weight audio-control app.
You can pop Earpiece up on top of another application simply by holding down the SEARCH key.
In the options, you can enable an experimental feature which switches the phone to speaker phone when it's away from the face and then back to speaker phone close up. This only works on devices with a proximity sensor, of course.
Another experimental feature is that you can significantly reduce the volume of the camera sounds on some devices. Ensure your local laws allow you to do this.
Earpiece is free and Open Source.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Playing audio at high volumes, especially for a prolonged amount of time, can damage speakers and/or hearing.
Note 1: There is no affiliation between the developer of Earpiece and the developer of Mortplayer, which is the application shown in the background of the screenshots.
Note 2: The reason the application needs permission to read log data is for the camera quieting feature. When the camera quieting feature is active, Earpiece monitors the log for when the camera is about to take a picture and then quiets things for about two seconds. If you are worried about privacy issues, or otherwise curious, you can look at the full Earpiece source code at code.google.com/p/Earpiece and you can build it from source yourself.
Note 3: If you use Earpiece, don't use my Speaker Boost with it--just use Earpiece's audio boost option instead.
To use the app follow these steps in the exact order:
1. Run the transmitter app on your windows laptop that has WiFi
2. Then connect your TV's headphone jack, or any other device with a headphone jack to the microphone jack of your laptop.
3. Then start this app on your smartphone and listen to the audio coming out of TV or your audio device.
4. Press the circle with a rectangle with it to start listening.
5. If you want stop or pause listening you can press circle with two vertical line.
6. To quite the app press the circle with an arrow at the bottom of the screen.
The delay of the audio relative to video is minimal and negligible. One of the main advantages of this app, is its simplicity. It is just a plug and play app so you do not need to find the server IP address, or change an audio buffer size. Everything is done automatically and in a smart way. If you have any questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
This application is a plugin for Yatse, the XBMC Remote.
When installed it allows streaming of your XBMC media to your phone or compatible UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast device from Yatse. (Needs Unlocker).
It also allows streaming of your local Android content to the sames devices.
For XBMC Eden and Frodo, you need to have UPnP activated in XBMC and be connected to the same network as XBMC.
For local video playing you need a Video Player application like Mx Player.
* Support resume point with Mx Player
* Support continue from Now Playing screen with Mx Player (Stop currently playing media and continue it on your Android device)
* Support Stream to and Resume to any compatible UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast device (Play your XBMC content)
* Support updating of XBMC resume point / watched status after streaming
* Support streaming of your local android content to any compatible UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast device
For more details : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/UsingYatse#Streaming-Unlocker-only
- You need to have Yatse, the XBMC Remote 3.3.0. at least to use it.
- You need to have Yatse Unlocker to use it.
- Live TV and most addons cannot be streamed due to Xbmc limitations.
- The screenshots contains content © copyright Blender Foundation | www.sintel.org
- The library presented in screenshots is based on fake media and all images / posters are @ copyrighted by their respective owners
Subscribe to your favorite podcasts using the embedded networks (5by5, ABC, AfterBuzz TV, BBC, CNN, Carolla Digital, ESPN, FrogPants, LibriVox, Nerdist, NPR, Revision3, Smodcast, Ted Talks, Twit, NPO, ...).
You can also import your podcasts subscriptions from an iTunes or Google Reader OPML file, or use the embedded search engine to browse Podcasts Addict (200K podcasts) or iTunes databases (250K podcasts).
Finally you can also copy and paste your podcasts RSS feeds in order to subscribe.
The app displays a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to support Podcast Addict and/or disable the ad banner, you can buy Podcast Addict - Donate app
Getting started: https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/292733-getting-started-
Bugs & Suggestions: http://podcastaddict.uservoice.com
• Android Wear notifications & controls (Android 4.3+ only)
• chromecast support
• minimal permission requirement
• manage Audio & Video podcasts, iTunes podcasts, Soundcloud url, Youtube Channels & RSS News feeds
• standalone player (MP3, local files, streaming)
• support both download & streaming
• automatic update
• automatic download
• advanced automatic deletion features (trash, ...)
• advanced Custom Settings per Podcast
• automatic podcasts Flattr
• podcast & episode search engine (use both Podcast Addict database & iTunes database)
• audio & video player with resume, shuffle, loop, ...
• variable playback speed, volume boost and skip silence (available for Android 4.1+)
• audio & video playlist
• customizable widgets
• full app backup / restore
• lock screen widgets (Android 4.0+ only)
• sleep timer
• both list & grid mode display (podcasts & episodes)
• authenticated feeds
• virtual podcasts (handle a folder content as a podcast)
• trending, new, TOP 250 most successful podcasts
• Browse podcasts by category
• OPML import (iTunes, Google Reader, ...)
• OPML export
• Full screen reading mode for RSS news feed
• Podcasts suggestions
• comments download feature
• episode & podcast sharing
• episode search engine
• pebble support (player notifications)
• support for Nova Launcher TeslaUnread plugin
• support for Tasker, AutomateIT, ...
• Chinese: HK Reporter
• English: 5by5, 77 WABC Radio, ABC, Absolute Radio, AfterBuzz TV, Al Jazeera, BBC, Carolla Digital, CBC, CBS Radio News, CBS Sport Radio, Channel 9 (MSDN), CNN, Earwolf, ESPN, Feral Audio, Fox News Radio, FrogPants, Gimlet Media, Goodstuff FM, How Stuff Works, Infinite Guest, KCRW, KFI AM 640, LibriVox, Mobile Nations, Monocle 24, MSNBC, Mule Radio Syndicate, NASA, Nerdist, Nickelodeon, NPR, Panoply, PBS, Podnutz, Public Radio International (PRI), Quick and Dirty Tips, Radiotopia, Relay FM, Revision3, RTÉ Radio, Scientific American, Slate, Smodcast, Stand Up NY Labs, The Guardian, The Incomparable, The Naked Scientists, Ted Talks, The Blaze, The New Yorker, Twit, Voice America, WBEZ 91.5, WFMU, WNYC, WOR 710, WWNO
• French: Europe1, Jazz Radio, Radio Campus Paris, Radio Canada, Radio France, RTL, Virgin Radio
• German: Deutsche Welle, DRadio Wissen, ORF, SRF, ZDF, WDR, Deutschlandfunk, Deutschlandradio Kultur
• Italian: Radio24, Rai Radio 1, Rai Radio 2, Rai Radio 3
• Portuguese: BAND, CBN, RTP, TSF
Locale's advanced artificial intelligence manages settings automatically. For example: arrive at work and instantly your ringer silences, your wallpaper snaps to that scenic Caribbean photo, and Wi-Fi switches on. With Locale, never worry about your ringer going off accidentally again. Once you experience Locale's power and convenience, you'll never want to be without it. Set it and forget it!
Locale leverages patent pending artificial intelligence geofencing algorithms for instant location detection.
Configuring is simple—it just works! To create a geofence location, drag and drop the pin on the map, resize the radius using your finger, and Locale does the rest.
The best part? No battery drain. Locale's sophisticated sensor fusion technology combines accelerometer, cell, Wi-Fi, GPS, and other signals for optimal accuracy, performance, and battery life. During our extensive testing across dozens of popular Android devices, we found Locale's typical battery impact too small to even measure.
Locale manages more than your ringer. Along with built-in conditions (Battery, Calendar (Android 4.0+), Caller, Location, Orientation, Time) and built-in settings (Bluetooth, Display Brightness, Display Timeout, Ringtone, Volume, Media Volume, Shortcut, Wallpaper, Wi-Fi), Locale expands with an advanced plug-in architecture. Over 500 plug-ins for Locale exist on Google Play.
With Locale, you get what you pay for: Locale is fast, accurate, reliable, secure, and battle tested. We stand behind our app 100%. Have a question? Just ask!
Looking for troubleshooting information and tips about how to use Locale? Visit our website: http://www.244.am/support
Locale is tested and fully compatible with all of the latest Android versions (including Android 4.4 KitKat) and devices (including the Nexus 5, Galaxy S 4, and HTC One).
Locale won the grand prize of Google's Android Developer Challenge, because it is one of the coolest apps for Android and showcases what the Android platform can really do. This is what people are saying:
"I'm really taken with Locale. [...] The idea that I have an intelligent phone that configures itself depending on where I am is very powerful."
- Fred Wilson, principal of Union Square Ventures
"Locale has a lot going for it. It's easy to use, but has some advanced functionality under the hood. We have found the battery usage to be absolutely amazing. [...] We feel the level of polish and overall quality are more than commensurate with the asking price."
- Ryan Whitwam, Tested.com
One of the top 10 apps that best use location.
- Wired Magazine
One of the top 10 apps for your Droid.
- PCWorld Magazine
With Locale and the Dock Plug-in Condition, your device can automatically perform actions based on whether it is docked in the car, desk, or undocked.
For example, automatically launch an app with the Shortcut setting when docked at home or enable Bluetooth in the car!
This is a plug-in for Locale. It requires "Locale" from the Google Play store, as well as a device that supports a Dock accessory, and a dock.
Keep your family up-to-date. Control your home automation system. The possibilities are endless!
Note: Sent SMS messages will not appear in your Android SMS app, due to restrictions in Android that forbid this plug-in from accessing your sent messages.
This is a plug-in: it requires "Locale" from the Google Play store.