Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
Write for Android stores all your writings safely and remembers the last position you stopped writing. You can just start over where you left off when opening the app next time.
It does not come with any kind of cloud backup, text lay-outing or other fancy stuff. Just plain text editing.
Do you like Write for Android but want an online solution? Check out my new app Write for Dropbox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leihwelt.android.write2
Use the built in copy&paste functions of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich to make the most use out of Write for Android! You can select text passages, cut, copy and paste.
See it on a real device using fullscreen mode:
This is similar to "Pop for iOS" and comparable text editors that take on ZEN writing on your mobile phone.
- Save and open pages
- 5 page colours and 5 font colours
- Different font sizes
- Import background image from gallery
- Share on social media
- Latin, Cyrillic and Hangul support
- Real typewriter sounds
- Totally free!
Just one ad is shown when you start up the app so that developers can buy coffee and make even more cool apps...
If you are a korean speaker and would like to help with translations, please send an email.
Have fun :)
- Save notes directly on your device's storage.
- Create folders to organize your notes better.
- Import and edit text files from other folders you may have on your SD card.
- Write in plain text or in markdown, and see your words come to life.
- Preview your markdown text in a separate window to see how your rich text looks like.
Writeily is FREE and will always be 100% free, without ads or in-app purchases.
If you do wish to donate for Writeily Pro or Writeily, please buy the separate donation app: Writeily Donate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.donate
The app is free, but if you like what you see, please give it a rating, and share it with your friends - it helps a lot!
- Powerful note editor with rich text formatting styles (bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough)
- Highly customizable note text sizes and colors
- Semi-transparent memo widgets for putting your notes on your homescreen
- Sync and backup with cloud storage using your own Dropbox account (free and optional; StyleNote does not depend on any online service)
- Bullet-point list / todo-list / checklist support
- Flow view of all your notes: an overview of all notes in one place - more than just a list of note titles (optional)
- Note organization with custom notebooks / folders
- Custom-scope note search
- Optional date/time display
- Custom note ordering (you can move any note up / down and have your own ordering of notes)
- Automatic note sorting by note title, last modified time, or creation time
- Easy note sharing / sending
- Password lock for your private notebooks
- Automatic regular backup for your important notebooks
If you need help with StyleNote, you can check the FAQ and ask questions in our user forums. You are also welcome to suggest new features and talk about anything there:
You can create regular plain text files as well as Markdown and MultiMarkdown files.
Draft is powered by Dropbox, so all your documents are stored in the cloud where you can easily access them from any device you have.
(Notes created with Draft are not stored on the public storage of the device, so they cannot be directly accessed by other apps. Synchronization is only possible through the provided Dropbox integration.)
* Create, view and edit plain text and Markdown or MultiMarkdown notes
* Organise all your notes in folders and sub-folders
* Full text search of all your documents
* Fullscreen editing for distraction free writing
* Smart editing with a dedicated Markdown shortcuts toolbar and lists continuation
* Five different color themes
* Share your documents with other applications
* Share the Markdown generated HTML preview of your notes
* Receive text from other applications
* Store your notes in the cloud with Dropbox
# File formats
* Draft can create notes with the following extensions:
* Draft can import (from Dropbox or other apps) files with the following extensions:
# Dropbox synchronization
By default all your notes are stored in a dedicated folder in your Dropbox called 'Draft'; you can change this location in the application settings.
Draft provides full offline support, so every change you make to your notes will be propagated to Dropbox once the network is available.
Write down as much or as little as you want from reminders and timings to passwords and schedules, Jotter is a dynamic note keeping app that makes note keeping quicker, more functional and as beautiful as ever.
• Ability to set times, dates and schedules for notes or none at all.
• Set reminders for notes you want to be alerted by, and choose when you want to be reminded.
• A dual purpose navigation drawer, that combines upcoming notes with search functionality.
• Ability to password protect notes.
• English, French, Spanish & German languages with more to come.
• Card widget that shows next upcoming note, meaning you can quickly glance at your phone to see upcoming notes.
• Sort your notes in 4 ways, A -> Z, Z -> A, New -> Old, Old -> New
• Beautiful UI with KitKat translucent system bar support.
• 2 themes: white and dark.
• 6 colours: red, blue, green, orange, purple and monochrome.
• Dedicated landscape UI that makes Jotter more functional than ever.
• A gorgeous custom settings screen with lots of useful options.
Jotter is a beautifully designed note keeper that follows Androids design guidelines but with some subtle changes. Jotter has designed to be clean, attractive and purposeful, with crisp fonts, gentle and flat colours that do not dominate the notes but give it a unique twist. Using a "card layout" for each note, Jotter makes your notes easy to find by allowing you add sub notes up to infinite level, meaning you can organise notes in categories to your personal preference. By using a quickly accessible navigation drawer, you can quickly see with a glance the next upcoming things to complete without having to search through notes to find them, by typing in the top of this drawer you can search through your notes easily. By password protecting notes you will have to enter a password when deleting, editing or viewing sub notes of the item, this means Jotter is highly versatile by allowing to enter not just notes but also information you want for your eyes only.
Jotter has been designed to have the best UI for a note keeping app on the play store. With 12 potential colour combinations you can make the app your own. Along with a quick and easy way to enter notes in a beautiful dialog, Jotter enhances the note keeping experience to a new level.
To find out how to use the app simply go into the settings and click the help button and you will be taken to a page where you can learn exactly how to use the app.
I hope you like this app as much as I enjoyed making it. Please consider leaving a review, and if you have any issues drop us an email, thanks!
Markdown is a lightweight markup language, originally created by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz allowing people "to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid HTML". The language takes many cues from existing conventions for marking up plain text in email.
**Note:** The external file viewer is disabled by default. In order to open external text or markdown files you need to enable it from the Preferences screen first.
✓ Create notes using Markdown syntax
✓ Share notes
✓ Pager interface to navigate between notes
✓ Configurable text size
✓ Open external files (text files or *.md). Enable from Preferences -> External File Viewer
Tutorial: Making Notal and Dropbox work together on Android: http://fusionfenix.com/page/making-notal-and-dropbox-work-together-on-android
★ Open more documents at once in tabs, like Notepad-plus-plus (Notepad++)
★ Change font size
★ Recently opened documents list, for quick access
★ Light and Dark themes
★ Translated in 20+ languages
★ Movable on the SD card
★ Samsung Multiview support
★ Optimized for both Smartphones and Tablets
Download Writeily Pro for FREE
I've launched a brand new app with many of the most requested features for power users, including: Keyboard shortcuts, folders, and opening from the filesystem. Download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.pro
- Create notes, documents, short stories, or even a whole book in a minimal editor.
- Enjoy a colourful, inspired, design.
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Switch between different Roboto typefaces.
- Organize notes by starring the most important notes in your list.
- Preview your work in a rendered Markdown view.
- Share your work to other apps via the Share button.
- Share works from other apps into Writeily.
- FREE! And No ads :).
Download, have fun, and get writing!
Like the app?
The app is free, but if you like what you see, please give it a rating, and share it with your friends - it helps a lot!
Donate to Writeily
If you really like the app, you can donate by purchasing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.donate
The Simplenote experience is all about speed and efficiency. Open it, write some thoughts, and you're done. As your collection of notes grows, you can search them instantly and keep them organized with tags and pins.
The best way to learn about Simplenote is to try it. Once you're up and running, visit simplenote.com to download it on other devices and start accessing your notes everywhere.
- More than 40 templates made by some of the world's best graphic designers.
- Find friends and follow people that have written crazy, funny, inspiring stuff.
- Share automatically to all of the important social networks and instant messaging apps.
- Save your note locally as in image.
- Create your own gallery with your best notes.
- Check out the Explore section for some unexpected inspiration.
Go for it.
You do the writing, we do the magic.
✔ No more bloated and complex applications
✔ Amazingly simple and intuitive design
✔ No services, no cloud sync. Simple app but lots of possibilities
Thunder Note is always a safe place for quickly writing down a bit of text. Thunder Note doesn't depend on web services and doesn't store your information in your smartphone's internal storage. It's as simple as a notification, because most times we don't need a complex app full of features.
Usefulness instead of lots of utilities.
Try the new EXPRESS Mode. EXPRESS Mode will set a notification for quickly add new notes. This way, notes can be launched from the browser or the music player, without manually go back to the homescreen and starting the app.
Main List screen : It displays all the individual notes that are present in the application in the form of a list, in the order of most recently added note to be displayed as top most list.
1. Add Note : (Press Menu or Action Bar ) Can add a new note into the list
2. Delete : (Long press & hold on list item) Will popup delete option, on choosing will delete the list permanently
3. Tap : (Tap on the list item) Will lead to a note view screen
4. Scroll : (Scroll the list) One can scroll the list if there are many notes in the list
Add Screen : It displays empty title, note content place where user will be hinted accordingly. User can enter content, save it. If user wants to discard while entering content, can cancel it.
1. Title : Enter the title for the note
2. Note: Enter the note content
3. Cancel : press this to discard this note
4. Save : press this to save this note
View Screen : On selecting the note item present in the list of Main List screen, it will launch view screen, shows the title, note content. If user feels to edit, an option is provided, can close the view by pressing cancel
1. Title : Displays the title of the note (non editable)
2. Note: Displays the content of the note (non editable)
3. Cancel : press this to close the view
4. Edit : press this to enter into edit view
5. Delete : (Press Menu or Action Bar ) Deletes this note
Edit Screen : One can edit title, content of the present note, save it by pressing Save. If user doesn't feel to save his changes, one can press cancel to discard the changes
1. Title : Can modify the title of the note (editable)
2. Note: Can modify the content of the note ( editable)
3. Cancel : Press this to discard the changes
4. Save : Press this to save the changes to this note
This application is tested on Samsung Galaxy S, S2. Supports english language in this version.
Favourite Web Award (FWA) Mobile of the Day
"Meet Journey, A Beautiful Journal App For Chrome And Android" -- MakeUseOf
"Looks good. Wish I had it for my visit to London" -- Matias Duarte
## Superior journal / diary writing experience
- Undo / Redo
- Forward / Backward cursor
- Markdown shortcuts (In-app Purchase)
- Word and character count
- Create photo / video entry (One photo/video per entry)
- Delete entry
- Modify Date and Time
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Night Mode (In-app Purchase)
- Exclusive fonts Verlag from Hoefler&Co. , Novel Sans
by Atlas Font Foundry and more
- Supports RTL (Any-RTL is unavailable for viewing)
- Ad free
## Innovative features
- Sync across devices with Google Drive using In-app data
(Your data is stored privately in Google Drive)
- Swipe between entries for easy reading
- Markdown preview
- Automatically tracks weather using OpenWeather service, temperature,
location and motion activities (Requires GPS and network connection)
- Manual geotag or tag specific location with Google Places
- Daily Inspirations
- Quick add widget
- Publish to Social: Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr
- Android wear / watch app
- Chrome app
- Search by keyword
- Create tags
- Browse entries by list, timeline, calendar, photo or atlas
## Share and backup
- Import from Diaro (.zip), Evernote (.enex) and Day One
- Backup entire journal to local storage (In-app Purchase)
- Cloud print and print to PDF (Requires Android 4.4) (In-app Purchase to remove watermark)
- Share as plain text, html, text + photo and zip
For daily journal / diary inspirations, follow us on Twitter @myjourneyapp
Chrome App: http://goo.gl/yLUKg2
Help Desk: http://help.2appstudio.com/
1. Requires login to Google account
2. Syncing to Google Drive is a free feature
3. Download Chrome app to view entries from desktop
4. No real-time syncing. Do not edit entry from devices simultaneously
5. Please turn on GPS. Location cannot be tagged without GPS due to privacy issue
6. Journey uses OpenWeather service
7. We do not support multiple photos per entry. Please do not request this feature.
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
"It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
"Complete makeover with a Material-inspired design" — Dr Rita, AndroidPolice
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, Markdown (.md), .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- CommonMark [New!]
- Live Markdown Preview * [New!]
- Custom font * [New!]
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling * [New!]
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf [New!]
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta) * [New!]
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx (Beta)
- View Mode in Markdown
- Live Markdown Preview
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- Thesaurus & Rhyme [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling [New!]
1. JotterPad saves your work on exit.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
#1 Minimalistic Writing App in Google Play!
PLEASE READ: JotterPad HD has been upgraded to JotterPad (Writer).
JotterPad HD is a minimalistic writing app specifically designed for Android tablet.
Our main concept behind this app is to combine the best top listed features such as Dropbox, Grouping, Undo/Redo, Day/Night Mode and Search on a tablet. These tools are handy and effective for casual users, as well as, serious writers.
With that many features, JotterPad HD is one of the best minimalistic writing apps in Google Play Store.
Some of the JotterPad HD features include:
1. Undo & Redo
2. Day / Night mode ●
3. Backup & Restore
4. Search for document
5. Find exact phrase in document
6. Compatible with Physical & Bluetooth Keyboard
7. Shortcut keys for keyboard (E.g. CTRL + Z for Undo)
8. Theme based ribbon ●
9. Share document
10. Import & Export as .txt
11. SImple and neatly organised layout
12. Dropbox Sync (Beta) ●
14. Time Machine ●
15. Export as .pdf
16. Word Count
17. Full Screen Preview ●
18. Recommended Android Ice-Cream Sandwich 4.0 or above
19. Minimum 7" tablet
20. Adjust font, alignments, line spacing and width
●Availabe for Pro version only.
We are listening to your feedback. If you have any queries/feedback, please join our Facebook Fanpage and talk to us!