Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
Write for Android stores all your writings safely and remembers the last position you stopped writing. You can just start over where you left off when opening the app next time.
It does not come with any kind of cloud backup, text lay-outing or other fancy stuff. Just plain text editing.
Do you like Write for Android but want an online solution? Check out my new app Write for Dropbox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leihwelt.android.write2
Use the built in copy&paste functions of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich to make the most use out of Write for Android! You can select text passages, cut, copy and paste.
See it on a real device using fullscreen mode:
This is similar to "Pop for iOS" and comparable text editors that take on ZEN writing on your mobile phone.
- Save and open pages
- 5 page colours and 5 font colours
- Different font sizes
- Import background image from gallery
- Share on social media
- Latin, Cyrillic and Hangul support
- Real typewriter sounds
- Totally free!
Just one ad is shown when you start up the app so that developers can buy coffee and make even more cool apps...
If you are a korean speaker and would like to help with translations, please send an email.
Have fun :)
- Powerful note editor with rich text formatting styles (bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough)
- Highly customizable note text sizes and colors
- Semi-transparent memo widgets for putting your notes on your homescreen
- Sync and backup with cloud storage using your own Dropbox account (free and optional; StyleNote does not depend on any online service)
- Bullet-point list / todo-list / checklist support
- Flow view of all your notes: an overview of all notes in one place - more than just a list of note titles (optional)
- Note organization with custom notebooks / folders
- Custom-scope note search
- Optional date/time display
- Custom note ordering (you can move any note up / down and have your own ordering of notes)
- Automatic note sorting by note title, last modified time, or creation time
- Easy note sharing / sending
- Password lock for your private notebooks
- Automatic regular backup for your important notebooks
If you need help with StyleNote, you can check the FAQ and ask questions in our user forums. You are also welcome to suggest new features and talk about anything there:
You can create regular plain text files as well as Markdown and MultiMarkdown files.
Draft is powered by Dropbox, so all your documents are stored in the cloud where you can easily access them from any device you have.
(Notes created with Draft are not stored on the public storage of the device, so they cannot be directly accessed by other apps. Synchronization is only possible through the provided Dropbox integration.)
* Create, view and edit plain text and Markdown or MultiMarkdown notes
* Organise all your notes in folders and sub-folders
* Full text search of all your documents
* Fullscreen editing for distraction free writing
* Smart editing with a dedicated Markdown shortcuts toolbar and lists continuation
* Five different color themes
* Share your documents with other applications
* Share the Markdown generated HTML preview of your notes
* Receive text from other applications
* Store your notes in the cloud with Dropbox
# File formats
* Draft can create notes with the following extensions:
* Draft can import (from Dropbox or other apps) files with the following extensions:
# Dropbox synchronization
By default all your notes are stored in a dedicated folder in your Dropbox called 'Draft'; you can change this location in the application settings.
Draft provides full offline support, so every change you make to your notes will be propagated to Dropbox once the network is available.
- Save notes directly on your device's storage.
- Create folders to organize your notes better.
- Import and edit text files from other folders you may have on your SD card.
- Write in plain text or in markdown, and see your words come to life.
- Preview your markdown text in a separate window to see how your rich text looks like.
Writeily is FREE and will always be 100% free, without ads or in-app purchases.
If you do wish to donate for Writeily Pro or Writeily, please buy the separate donation app: Writeily Donate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.donate
The app is free, but if you like what you see, please give it a rating, and share it with your friends - it helps a lot!
Write down as much or as little as you want from reminders and timings to passwords and schedules, Jotter is a dynamic note keeping app that makes note keeping quicker, more functional and as beautiful as ever.
• Ability to set times, dates and schedules for notes or none at all.
• Set reminders for notes you want to be alerted by, and choose when you want to be reminded.
• A dual purpose navigation drawer, that combines upcoming notes with search functionality.
• Ability to password protect notes.
• English, French, Spanish & German languages with more to come.
• Card widget that shows next upcoming note, meaning you can quickly glance at your phone to see upcoming notes.
• Sort your notes in 4 ways, A -> Z, Z -> A, New -> Old, Old -> New
• Beautiful UI with KitKat translucent system bar support.
• 2 themes: white and dark.
• 6 colours: red, blue, green, orange, purple and monochrome.
• Dedicated landscape UI that makes Jotter more functional than ever.
• A gorgeous custom settings screen with lots of useful options.
Jotter is a beautifully designed note keeper that follows Androids design guidelines but with some subtle changes. Jotter has designed to be clean, attractive and purposeful, with crisp fonts, gentle and flat colours that do not dominate the notes but give it a unique twist. Using a "card layout" for each note, Jotter makes your notes easy to find by allowing you add sub notes up to infinite level, meaning you can organise notes in categories to your personal preference. By using a quickly accessible navigation drawer, you can quickly see with a glance the next upcoming things to complete without having to search through notes to find them, by typing in the top of this drawer you can search through your notes easily. By password protecting notes you will have to enter a password when deleting, editing or viewing sub notes of the item, this means Jotter is highly versatile by allowing to enter not just notes but also information you want for your eyes only.
Jotter has been designed to have the best UI for a note keeping app on the play store. With 12 potential colour combinations you can make the app your own. Along with a quick and easy way to enter notes in a beautiful dialog, Jotter enhances the note keeping experience to a new level.
To find out how to use the app simply go into the settings and click the help button and you will be taken to a page where you can learn exactly how to use the app.
I hope you like this app as much as I enjoyed making it. Please consider leaving a review, and if you have any issues drop us an email, thanks!
Markdown is a lightweight markup language, originally created by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz allowing people "to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid HTML". The language takes many cues from existing conventions for marking up plain text in email.
**Note:** The external file viewer is disabled by default. In order to open external text or markdown files you need to enable it from the Preferences screen first.
✓ Create notes using Markdown syntax
✓ Share notes
✓ Pager interface to navigate between notes
✓ Configurable text size
✓ Open external files (text files or *.md). Enable from Preferences -> External File Viewer
Tutorial: Making Notal and Dropbox work together on Android: http://fusionfenix.com/page/making-notal-and-dropbox-work-together-on-android
While "PDF Jotter" includes professional features like the ability to export your notes as PDF, "PDF Jotter" is well designed to make note jotting as intuitive and fluent as possible. Because we understand that sometimes great ideas & important messages come like flashes, you need to visualize or jot them down as straight away as possible. That's why the operation & user interfacing of PDF Jotter has been made so transparent & straight forward that you don't need to worry about being distracted by complicated App functions & operations like in most other note taking Apps.
Among other special features, "PDF Jotter" has a unique "traceable erasing" feature. PDF Jotter's "traceable erasing" highlights the areas that you just erased. Therefore, you know instantly your actual eraser size and whether you have incidentally erased anything important at just a quick glance! This is very important feature which allows you to erase with confidence! So that you can jot notes seamlessly yet accurately.
What's more, you have choice of different note papers such as Single line paper, math paper & graph paper etc for different purposes. Whether it's a quick memo, quick sketches, draft of figures and graphs or casual paper game, you'll find "PDF Jotter" a handy PDF notepad.
Hassle Free Operation:
- Hassle free start with instant prompt for paper selection
- Automatically ready with your last pen settings
- Traceable erasing
- Auto-hiding toolbar
- Choice of different paper type for different purposes
- single line paper in yellow
- graph paper
- math paper
- single line paper in white
- Change paper type anytime you like without losing your writings & drawings
- Undo/Redo (3 levels)
- Millions of pen color
- Flexible pen size
- Adjustable eraser size
- Export notes for sharing
- Export your notes as PDFs^
- Export notes as images
Get "PDF Jotter" and turn your Android phone or tablet into a handy PDF note taking and sketching device!
^ Industry standard PDF exporting server engine requires internet connection & provides more stable and efficient file conversion.
NOTE: IN PORTRAIT MODE, SWIPE TO THE LEFT ON THE TOOLBAR TO SEE MORE BUTTONS
Take advantage of Jotter's (optional) 100% palm reject and write naturally. You will be able to rest your hand on your screen the way you naturally do with paper.
VISUAL SEARCH: Easily navigate between pages of a notebook using the page preview and navigation feature.
Pinch, zoom and two-finger scrolling while maintaining palm rejection functionality.
Drag and drop page re-ordering.
Add images to notes from phone gallery or camera.
Create PDF files from hand-written notebooks.
Easily upload notebooks as PDFs to Google Docs (free Google Docs app must be installed).
Strong encryption ensures that your thoughts and drawing stay private.
Optionally disable the back button while writing to make it even easier to rest your hand on the screen without being kicked out of the application.
Landscape mode makes it easy to write without accidentally hitting any of the capacitive touch buttons, especially with the AT&T Galaxy Note with 4 capacitive buttons. Capacitive buttons can be orientated to the right or left of the phone.
Choose from one of several background colors. Background colors are unique to each notebook and can be changed anytime.
Share notebook pages with Facebook, GMail, Evernote, Cloud Print, Google Docs, SocialHub and more.
Add and remove background lines anytime. Export notebook pages with or without background lines.
When the diary background type is selected for a notebook, now pages have the current date and time inserted. Date and time can be erased with the eraser tool.
Pressure-sensitive writing and drawing.
Left-handed writing compatibility mode.
Jotter keeps backups of all notes; one for the last 2 hours, one for the last 1 day, one for the last 1 week and one for the last 1 month.
Ability to change/specify Jotter's storage root folder. Save your notebooks in an external SD card if you want.
Jotter's forum is at http://forum.intulon.com/viewforum.php?f=11
Step by step, this method helps you define your subject, organize your story outline and its various elements while at the same time letting your imagination roam freely.
* Expert designed lessons on the main principle of writing
* Over 35 exercises related to your story including tips and help
* Full word processing software
* PDF export
* Spell checker
* Smart chapter navigator
* Summary note
* Character and set cards, and many other tools
* Extremely user friendly
This app is compatible with NovelWriter for PC and Mac.
If you need help or found issues, please contact us by email for faster answer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next features available soon :
* drag and drop of scenes and chapters
* save file on dropbox or googledrive
Power Jotter not only allows you to jot notes and make sketches on your Android Phone/Tablet, you can even import PDF files to make annotation, insert multimedia contents into your notes or imported PDF documents!
Jotting & Sketching Tools (Annotating and Highlighting Tools for PDF):
- Millions of pen colors with alpha adjustment
- Scalable pen stroke width
- Built-in shapes: rectangle, circle/ellipse, dashed & solid horizontal lines
- Text box with million of font colors & alpha adjustment
- Supports horizontal & vertical two-finger pinches for horizontal & vertical resizing (text box, rectangle & ellipse)
- Tap & Hold to rotate text boxes
- Double tap to cancel inserted shapes & text boxes
- Built-in paper choices of: Single line paper in yellow or white, graph paper, math paper and clear white paper
- Import PDF documents for note taking or annotation
- Import photos/images for note taking or annotation
- Insert images from photo gallery
- Combine multiple photos into different frames (like PicFrame, InstaPicFrame effects)
- Two-finger pinch to zoom inserted images
- Tap & Hold to rotate image
- Extract/clip/divide image by eraser
- Insert anchor to access video clips
- Insert anchor to access audio clips or voice memos
- Insert anchor to link to & access external websites
- Move anchor anywhere to associate video/sound clip to specific contents
- Rearrange anchor locations
- Intuitive Tap & Hold to access inserted multimedia clips & url
- Customizable anchor color to suit document style
- Double tap to delete inserted anchors
Easy Note Management:
- Thumbnail page for imported files
- Thumbnail preview for multi-page PDFs
- Tap & Hold to delete imported files
- Bookmark individual page of multiple page PDFs
- Quick access to bookmarked pages
- Bookmark highlights on thumbnail preview of multiple page PDFs
- Save editing for review and re-editing
PDF & Image Importing/Exporting^:
- Import PDF documents or image files for note taking or annotation
- Auto search for PDF and image files on device
- Export your notes as PDFs^ or images
- Naming imported PDFs and exported PDFs/images
With Power Jotter, your notes and PDF annotations are no longer centered around sketches & writings. By allowing you to insert audio/voice clips, video clips, URL links, photos that are associated with your note contents, you can actually work like supplementing an important voice memo or video recording with written notes of comments and sketches.
With a variety of note papers including single-line paper in white & yellow, graph paper, math paper and clear white paper, you will find Power Jotter handy & useful for most purposes, whether it's a quick memo, quick sketches, draft of figures and graphs or casual paper game. To make Power Jotter even more versatile, Power Jotter allows you to import images from gallery as your notepad paper too! You can thus at anytime, capture a napkin or a piece of newspaper with your Android device camera and use that photo immediately as an electronic notepad paper in Power Jotter!
In order to allow you to access a particular note as conveniently as possible, instead of showing your notes and imported pdf files as list of file names, Power Jotter allows you to browse your saved notes as thumbnail previews. To make it even more convenient for users who work on PDFs, thumbnail preview is also available on imported multiple page PDF files!
With its ability to handle multiple-page PDF files, you can even dedicate a notepad of, say, 40 blank pages (e.g. from the App "Notepads for PDF Editors") for each particular purpose or project - just like the way we used to do with real notepads in a much organized way.
^ Industry standard PDF importing/exporting server engine (requires internet connection) provides more stable and efficient file conversion.
- More than 40 templates made by some of the world's best graphic designers.
- Find friends and follow people that have written crazy, funny, inspiring stuff.
- Share automatically to all of the important social networks and instant messaging apps.
- Save your note locally as in image.
- Create your own gallery with your best notes.
- Check out the Explore section for some unexpected inspiration.
Go for it.
You do the writing, we do the magic.
Download Writeily Pro for FREE
I've launched a brand new app with many of the most requested features for power users, including: Keyboard shortcuts, folders, and opening from the filesystem. Download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.pro
- Create notes, documents, short stories, or even a whole book in a minimal editor.
- Enjoy a colourful, inspired, design.
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Switch between different Roboto typefaces.
- Organize notes by starring the most important notes in your list.
- Preview your work in a rendered Markdown view.
- Share your work to other apps via the Share button.
- Share works from other apps into Writeily.
- FREE! And No ads :).
Download, have fun, and get writing!
Like the app?
The app is free, but if you like what you see, please give it a rating, and share it with your friends - it helps a lot!
Donate to Writeily
If you really like the app, you can donate by purchasing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.writeily.donate
★ Open more documents at once in tabs, like Notepad-plus-plus (Notepad++)
★ Change font size
★ Recently opened documents list, for quick access
★ Light and Dark themes
★ Translated in 20+ languages
★ Movable on the SD card
★ Samsung Multiview support
★ Optimized for both Smartphones and Tablets
Favourite Web Award (FWA) Mobile of the Day
"Meet Journey, A Beautiful Journal App For Chrome And Android" -- MakeUseOf
"Looks good. Wish I had it for my visit to London" -- Matias Duarte
## Superior journal / diary writing experience
- Undo / Redo
- Forward / Backward cursor
- Markdown shortcuts (In-app Purchase)
- Word and character count
- Create photo / video entry (One photo/video per entry)
- Delete entry
- Modify Date and Time
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Night Mode (In-app Purchase)
- Exclusive fonts Verlag from Hoefler&Co. , Novel Sans
by Atlas Font Foundry and more
- Supports RTL (Any-RTL is unavailable for viewing)
- Ad free
## Innovative features
- Sync across devices with Google Drive using In-app data
(Your data is stored privately in Google Drive)
- Swipe between entries for easy reading
- Markdown preview
- Automatically tracks weather using OpenWeather service, temperature,
location and motion activities (Requires GPS and network connection)
- Manual geotag or tag specific location with Google Places
- Daily Inspirations
- Quick add widget
- Publish to Social: Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr
- Android wear / watch app
- Chrome app
- Search by keyword
- Create tags
- Browse entries by list, timeline, calendar, photo or atlas
## Share and backup
- Import from Diaro (.zip), Evernote (.enex) and Day One
- Backup entire journal to local storage (In-app Purchase)
- Cloud print and print to PDF (Requires Android 4.4) (In-app Purchase to remove watermark)
- Share as plain text, html, text + photo and zip
For daily journal / diary inspirations, follow us on Twitter @myjourneyapp
Chrome App: http://goo.gl/yLUKg2
Help Desk: http://help.2appstudio.com/
1. Requires login to Google account
2. Syncing to Google Drive is a free feature
3. Download Chrome app to view entries from desktop
4. No real-time syncing. Do not edit entry from devices simultaneously
5. Please turn on GPS. Location cannot be tagged without GPS due to privacy issue
6. Journey uses OpenWeather service
7. We do not support multiple photos per entry. Please do not request this feature.
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
"It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
"Complete makeover with a Material-inspired design" — Dr Rita, AndroidPolice
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in English Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, Markdown (.md), .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- CommonMark [New!]
- Live Markdown Preview * [New!]
- Custom font * [New!]
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling * [New!]
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf [New!]
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta) * [New!]
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx (Beta)
- View Mode in Markdown
- Live Markdown Preview
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- English Thesaurus & Rhyme [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling [New!]
1. JotterPad saves your work on exit.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
#1 Minimalistic Writing App in Google Play!
PLEASE READ: JotterPad HD has been upgraded to JotterPad (Writer).
JotterPad HD will no longer be supported.
Please download JotterPad (Writer) instead.
The premium of JotterPad (Writer) can be purchased in the App as "Creative Version".
To purchase, in JotterPad (Writer), swipe the extreme left or press menu (3 stripes) > Press "Get Creative".
If you are previous JotterPad HD Pro user, you can upgrade to JotterPad (Writer) for FREE.
JotterPad HD is a minimalistic writing app specifically designed for Android tablets.
Our main concept behind this app is to combine the best top listed features such as Dropbox, Grouping, Undo/Redo, Day/Night Mode and Search on a tablet. These tools are handy and effective for casual users, as well as, serious writers.
With that many features, JotterPad HD is one of the best minimalistic writing apps in Google Play Store.
Some of the JotterPad HD features include:
1. Undo & Redo
2. Day / Night mode
3. Backup & Restore
4. Search for document
5. Find exact phrase in document
6. Compatible with Physical & Bluetooth Keyboard
7. Shortcut keys for keyboard (E.g. CTRL + Z for Undo)
8. Theme based ribbon
9. Share document
10. Import & Export as .txt
11. SImple and neatly organised layout
12. Dropbox Sync (Beta)
14. Time Machine
15. Export as .pdf
16. Word Count
17. Full Screen Preview
18. Recommended Android Ice-Cream Sandwich 4.0 or above
19. Minimum 7" tablet
20. Dropbox Sync Supports Subfolder
21. Adjust font, alignments, line spacing and width
We are listening to your feedback. If you have any queries/feedback, please join our Facebook Fanpage and talk to us!
-Support for Dropbox Subfolder/Scrivener
JotterPad HD Pro Grouping automatically group your documents into folder when Dropbox Sync. For more information, please refer to the website: