You can create regular plain text files as well as Markdown and MultiMarkdown files.
Draft is powered by Dropbox, so all your documents are stored in the cloud where you can easily access them from any device you have.
Draft is still under highly active development, so any feedback is greatly appreciated!
(Notes created with Draft are not stored on the public storage of the device, so they cannot be directly accessed by other apps. Synchronization is only possible through the provided Dropbox integration.)
* Create, view and edit plain text and Markdown or MultiMarkdown notes
* Organise all your notes in folders and sub-folders
* Full text search of all your documents
* Fullscreen editing for distraction free writing
* Smart editing with a dedicated Markdown shortcuts toolbar and lists continuation
* Five different color themes
* Share your documents with other applications
* Share the Markdown generated HTML preview of your notes
* Receive text from other applications
* Store your notes in the cloud with Dropbox
# File formats
* Draft can create notes with the following extensions:
* Draft can import (from Dropbox or other apps) files with the following extensions:
# Dropbox synchronization
By default all your notes are stored in a dedicated folder in your Dropbox called 'Draft'; you can change this location in the application settings.
Draft provides full offline support, so every change you make to your notes will be propagated to Dropbox once the network is available.
"Lightpaper is largely a fantastic user experience that’s unrivalled in my experiences on the platform." - android.appstorm.net
"LightPaper delivers impressive features wrapped in a compelling and simple interface" - makeuseof.com
"One of the Best Writing Apps for Android Tablets" - mediabistro.com
"Looks seriously slick" - @ethanschoonover, author of Solarized Theme
"Best markdown editor for Android" - nostylus.com
★ Markdown and MultiMarkdown support
★ Blogging support for WordPress, Tumblr and scriptogram
★ Use local storage, or sync with Dropbox
★ Folder support for Dropbox and the Local File System
★ Undo/Redo support
★ Markdown shortcuts: quickly surround or insert with Markdown tags
★ Fast Edit keys for rapid editing
★ Preview Markdown as you write it
★ Distraction Free Mode for concentrating on one thing at a time
★ Automatic saving your documents when interrupted
★ Integrated spellchecking when desired
★ Open text and Markdown files from other applications
★ Share your text and Markdown with other Android Apps
★ Optimized User Interfaces for both phones and tablets
★ UTF-8 Support
★ Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts
★ Perfect for drafts, notes, memos, tasks, blogging and articles
★ And... a team dedicated to making this the best text and Markdown editor available
*MarkDrop* is a **markdown** editor for Android
It can *sync* with Dropbox
- Sync with Dropbox on it's ~/Apps/MarkDrop folder
- QuickButton to write markdown
- Preview markdown in web browser
- when delete note in Dropbox will not sync to Android
Thank you for choose MarkDrop.
I will update this App continuance.
# Hope you markdown happy.
Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
JotterPad X gives you the creative space for your ideas to flow. We push the boundary of our design to create a comfortable yet inspiring platform to write on. The result, an exquisite experience which simply cannot be achieved with word processor and note-taking tool.
JotterPad X has one of the best tools for writing in Android. The app incorporates essential features such as undo, redo, night mode, finding phrase, versions. Other features which are newly introduced include: pop up research (dictionary/thesaurus), auto-save, text styling and Markdown. JotterPad X also has full Dropbox integration.
JotterPad X is now available in smartphone, 7 inch tablet and 10 inch tablet optimized for Android Kitkat.
✓Full featured distraction-free plain text editor
Undo & Redo, Phrase finding, Night Mode#, Live word count and Markdown preview (.md)#.
Also include auto hiding actionbar and locking screen# for viewing pleasure.
✓Access Dropbox and local text files (.txt, .md, .fountain)
Built in file manager system to access local documents.
Full Dropbox Integration, access anywhere on the go even while offline. (No syncing required)
Auto save document and retrieve previous versions instantly.
✓Typeface and style customisation
Better writing experience by adjusting text fonts, margin, line spacing and text alignment.
✓Share and export
Share document as plain text, text file, HTML, RTF or export it as PDF#.
✓Extended keyboard bar
Adds a bar to the top of your normal keyboard for additional buttons and some frequently used markdown syntax.
Compatible with physical and Bluetooth keyboard including shortcut keys. (E.g. ctrl + Z for undo)
Right-to-left (RTL) supported on Android 4.2 or above.
✓Popup Dictionary and Thesaurus# at your fingertips
Save your time to switch between apps in order to look up a word in dictionary or thesaurus.
✓Premium features (Creative IAP)
Unlocked features include Thesaurus, Night Mode. Lock Screen, Remove PDF watermark, Retrieve Versions, Markdown Preview and Lots of joy.
For more information,
# Only on Creative Version
* Useful for NaNoWriMo
Markdown is a lightweight markup language, originally created by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz allowing people "to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid HTML". The language takes many cues from existing conventions for marking up plain text in email.
**Note:** The external file viewer is disabled by default. In order to open external text or markdown files you need to enable it from the Preferences screen first.
✓ Create notes using Markdown syntax
✓ Share notes
✓ Pager interface to navigate between notes
✓ Configurable text size
✓ Open external files (text files or *.md). Enable from Preferences -> External File Viewer
Tutorial: Making Notal and Dropbox work together on Android: http://fusionfenix.com/page/making-notal-and-dropbox-work-together-on-android
A simple to use, holo-themed markdown editor with Pandoc extensions. It supports .md and .txt extensions and can open email attachments.
- File browser to arrange and organize your documents
- Quick access to common markdown syntax to help you write documents quickly and correctly
- Export the rendered output to HTML
- View images on the local memory store
Source code available at: https://bitbucket.org/npaul/mdreader/
* Notes are stored in text format (instead of proprietary formats), easily retrievable over the cloud
* Option of applying AES 256 encryptions to notes to ensure secrecy
* Ability to re-download locally deleted notes from cloud
* Background sync of notes when network is available
* Small footprint, just enough for you to get things done
* Let you read your decrypted info in peace with Anti-Snooping Background
* Share links to notes saved on Dropbox as well as share content to other third-party apps
* (New) Write in Markdown and preview Markdown!
Keywords: Documents; Notes; Dropbox; Writer; Text Encryption; Synchronization; Links; Cloud service; Note-Taking, Markdown, Markdown Preview
Writebox is a simple and distraction-free text editor for Android. Writebox helps you to concentrate on writing and seamlessly syncs your text writings across all your devices.
Dropbox / Google Drive syncing
- Open and edit all plain-text files on Dropbox / Google Drive
- Customizable writing environment (Font size / type / color)
- Optimized user interface for Android
- Character count with live
- Markdown preview
- Recently opened menu
- Copy text/HTML
For seamless sync, you can use Writebox for FREE provided as chrome app and web service for PC, Mac and Linux.
[Chrome App] https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/writebox/bbehjmjchoiaglkeboicbgkpfafcmhij
[Web Service] https://write-box.appspot.com
- Sync with Simplenote
- View / Create / Edit / Delete note
- Find note (keyword search, tag search, sort)
- Tag edit
- Note settings (pin, markdown) edit
- Two kinds of view mode (plain text, markdown preview)
- Create a new note via Intent
If you want to hide the Ad, please install "Glance Note Extension".
Glance Note Extension is paid application.
Or something that helps out writting your diary?
Mercurial grants you total control of your works, organize, revise, annotate over them, and all assuring they will be safe in the cloud, completely synchronized between your PC and other Android devices.
Being or not a professional writer, this application can help you in every writting work you have. It offers advanced tools for organize the text, including a powerful dictionary and thesaurus.
You can use it for taking notes, like a journal, also you can use it to begin your next novel!
Among its capabilities are:
- Organise your work in categories.
- Lets you export your documents in PDF format, send by email, etc.
- Markdown syntax support.
- If you have a Text To Speech system, Mercurial will read the text for you!
- It uses a very complete online dictionary for your needs.
- Redo/Undo functions. Physical keyboards are supported!
- Save your work in Dropbox automatically.
- No need to worry about saving your modifications - Mercurial will do that for you!
- Day/Night theme support.
- Words and character counters.
- Makes a backup regularly.
- Change the font and the size.
- Always have a backup from the last version of your work, easy to restore.
- And a lot more!
This application is intented to do basic things like:
- Blog supports, like WordPress and Blogspot.
- Sync with Box.
If you find any problem regarding the application, please send me an email, and I will send you a response ASAP.
Remember to leave your comment if you find the application useful. Your words are always important!
Tags: text editor, journal, categories, notes, markdown.