Gomoku game is one of the simpler and more popular versions of the ancient board game of "GO". But despite its simple rules Gomoku is a logic board game more complex and difficult than Tic Tac Toe. This game is very thrilling and challenging: it requires the tactical skills and strategic thinking for being able to master the game.
The game was often called Gomoku but other names are known: for example Kakugo, Gomoku-narabe, Itsutsu-ishi, gobang, morphion, "Five in a Row". Gomoku have been played on Go-boards since 2nd millenium B.C. and came to Japan from China in the 7th century.
The name "Gomoku" is from the Japanese language, in which it is referred to as gomokunarabe (五目並べ). "Go" means five, "moku" is a counter word for pieces and "narabe" means line-up.
Renju is one of the types of Gomoku. The name "Renju" (連珠) comes from the Japanese language, and means "connected pearls".
With our "Gomoku Renju - free puzzle game" you can play two different types of the game called Gomoku and Free Renju.
Gomoku game by 2xD Games has many awesome features:
- different board sizes: play Gomoku and Free Renju on boards with sizes from 9x9 to 19x19;
- four different game levels: improve your skills from novice to master;
- ability to use hints: check some good places for your next move;
- move cancels: you can cancel your previous moves and make the better one;
- autosaving: continue your game even after few days;
- detailed statistics: see how cool gamer you are;
- fine sounds and music: feel free to switch them off if needed;
- flexible game settings: you can enable/disable some features to make game more interesting.