Audio transcription playback software for Android devices.
(THIS APP DOES NOT TRANSCRIBE AUTOMATICALLY - IT ENABLES YOU TO TYPE THE TEXT MANUALLY)
In addition to your PC, why not use your smartphone or tablet for audio transcription?
Think audio transcription has to be done at your desk? Not any more. With FTWT4A you can transcribe and earn wherever you are – not just at your desk but also in the dentist’s waiting-room, on the sofa, while sitting on the train or bus… literally anywhere!
Android is the operating system of the future, and is now found on phones, tablets and increasingly desktop computers.
Audio transcription on Android is exactly the same principle as transcribing at your PC. You don’t need a physical keyboard - all you need is an Android smartphone or tablet.
Audio transcription on a phone or tablet is slower than on a PC, though if you use a Bluetooth keyboard it's equally as fast. But even if you never get as fast on Android as on your desktop, the point is that FTWT4A still allows audio transcription in places where it wasn't possible AT ALL before.
Android 3 or above required.
Playable file types include mp3, wav, mp4, 3gp, ogg, flac, aac and m4a, but other types such as wma, flv, ftr, dss and ds2 can be played by converting them to mp3 or wav on your desktop first. For a full list of playable file types, visit: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html
- superior sound quality for trouble-free transcription
- automatic adding of time-stamps and frame numbers - huge time-saver! (optional)
- fully compatible with physical keyboards (including playback control)
- simple-to-use word processor built in
- timestamp formatting - add them in the format of your choice
- hotkeys for common transcription phrases like "overtalking" or "unclear"
- plays video files with visuals displayed
- great support, feedback welcomed
- new features planned
- regular free updates
- free trial
You can download and try The FTW Transcriber for Android for free for 30 days.
Before leaving a negative review, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback so that we can attempt to address it. All correspondence will be answered. Thank you!